Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So whats the deal with Spec Ops figures? I understand they are for campaigns, but can they be used in standard one off battles as well? How does balance work with them if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Are there good rules lying around for small scale campaigns? From what I understand, Paradiso is a rigid set of missions?

Edited for grammar.

Fix has a custom campaign system that he put out before Paradiso, check it out think that may be what your looking for.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Alright fellow Infinity Goons, I need some advice...

I do a bit of minor distribution in my area so I have access to gaming stuff at a less than retail price, so as I make orders I order myself a few things here and there, and squirrel it away in my storage room (That way I am not discouraged while painting).

I was reading through this thread and was thinking about some builds when I decided I should get out all my Infinity just to see what I have (I lost track) I... I think this was a mistake... :bang:

First up, not too bad some Yu Jing, and Tohaa.

Next about the same but we have Ariadna, CA, and Mercenaries.

Now we have Nomads and Haqq, this pile is getting pretty large.

Well, alright then, lets look at the Aleph.

And now, the worse, PanO, aw gently caress...

Now here comes the part where I need some advise, where the hell should I start? I was thinking Tohaa, as they are the newest they have the fewest figures (I have all of them so far). I obviously have the most PanO and I think I have at least one of everything from that faction, but god drat, that's a lot to paint.

I haven't actually gotten a chance to play the game yet, I've read the rules and such but I only recently got a couple of my friends to commit, and they are playing Yu Jing, ALEPH, and Haqq.

Anyway so yeah, any thoughts would be great.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 7, 2013

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Corbeau posted:

The first step is to admit that you have a very real problem.

Its only a problem if it affects my life (Which it doesn't)

Thanks for the advise guys, if anyone has more I welcome it.

Can someone give me a good starting PanO list? Starting at 150 and then growing from there? I know we are going to start at 150 but I don't know how quickly we should escalate.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone have a file with faction and sectoral symbol/icons ? I want to make some decals, but having a hard time finding anything like that.

nevermind found some!
http://s166.photobucket.com/user/seekermage/library/Brians/Decals?sort=3&page=1

poo poo these are perfect!

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 12, 2013

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Indolent Bastard posted:

What technology are you using to make the decals? I've thought about making some but didn't really search out the "print your own" options.

All you need is an InkJet printer, and buy some InkJet waterslide decal paper, you can get clear, and white.

http://www.decalpaper.com is where I order it from. never had any problems from them.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Angryboot posted:

Why's there a robotic wang just hanging out on that TAG?

Counterbalance, clearly.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

susan posted:

I'm personally probably not going to get much more than a starter box,
haha famous last words.

susan posted:

so what would be a good choice to have interesting matchups against the Ariadna Scottish starter kit?

That is a sectoral starter, you will want to get a sectoral as well.

Sectorals are like sub-factions with special lists.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I have a ton of that stuff Flipswitch, its great stuff but the prep time and assembly is a total bitch, I spent a lot of time with a file getting the parts to fit smoothly.

I wish there was a tutorial on how they painted it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Flipswitch posted:

Going to see the joy of putting it together tomorrow at the store. :v:

One of my buddies had good things to say about the kit but didn't comment on the assembly. Is it a case of pieces being too big to slog together or something?

Yep, exactly. they don't slide in smooth, and the "sprue" doesn't always come off cleanly, but I did have a batch from the first shipment, so maybe it wont be so bad?

The directions are also pathetic, but there is really only one place where I had an issue.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Flipswitch posted:

These instructions are poo poo.

Yeah, I told ya they are bad, and its that same sheet for every set, I have at least 2 of every set.... I have only assembled the base set that comes with some halls and rooms.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Great looking board, I am curious to see how you paint the spartan terrain, I haven't seen any tutorials or guides from others that have yet, which is pretty surprising.

The official guide is awful, and doesn't explain anything or even give any good tips about painting them.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 3, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Hortism posted:

I wonder why cheap unit spam isn't more of a thing in Infinity. Other than the potential tedium of painting the 2-3 models over and over.

I think because the kind of people that play Infinity dont want to have to use more than 10-15 models at a time. I could be wrong though.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

These are sweet as gently caress. I hope Pan-o gets some :D

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Over the past couple weeks I decided to focus on assembling all of my PanO figures...

Now I just need to paint them all! :bang:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
It also implies that 3rd edition is in it. I wonder how far out we are? My small local group is waiting on 3rd edition to really start playing.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I actually managed to paint some stuff this month!
Some JR Miniatures terrain and a couple PanO figures for infinity.

The satin varnish is still a little tacky, that and the bright lights make them seem a little too shiny.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Yeah, Infinity: Operation - Icestorm Box Set w/ Exclusive Figure: CSU Operative just went up on my wholesaler for order. ETA of August release.

SRP: $134.95 USD
Description:
Contents:
3 x Fusiliers
1 x Svalarheima Nisses
1 x ORC Troop
1 x Akalis Sikh Commando
1 x Military Order Father-Knight

3 x Alguaciles
1 x Grenzer, Grenz Security Team
1 x Mobile Brigada
1 x Spektr
1 x Reverend Healer

1 x CSU, Corporate Security Unit
(Exclusive for Pre-Orders)

Game Mat
3 PanO Dice, 3 Nomads Dice
Scenery
Ruler
Markers & Templates
Introductory Rulebook

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Flipswitch posted:

Don't they already sell 55m bases? I seem to remember seeing some at my store but I may have just imagined it or confused them with another base size, I didn't really look though.

Yes they do, I recently got some.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone have a set of vectors for the faction logos, signs, prints etc, Im looking to cut some air brush stencils.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
BoW Operation Icestorm Mission 5 demo game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4GUQlpmHa0

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone know the dimensions of the buildings and cargo containers that come in OpIce? Id like to make some MDF versions for the missions, after seeing the demo video of them constantly knocking the terrain around.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Comrade Merf posted:

Does anyone know of any places that sell 4x4 mats that would me good for infinity? Stuff like the mat in the Icestorm Starter would be awesome.

Well that one they are using in the BoW vids are made by Micro Art Studio, but they havent released yet, it looks amazing though (mouse pad material too)

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Deviant posted:

I mean, I play ALEPH. So that means I *need* this Ajax I just bought, right?

Here, I will make you feel better. I have been buying so many figures for infinity, I made a google spreadsheet, then a form to fill out every time I made a purchase to make sure I dont buy duplicates by mistake.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmC3HKYxUU_fdGxIOFZkNDlfRWtXXzZOWXF0MG1NY1E&usp=sharing

There are over 220 Infinity skus on there, thats packages, not figures...

So in my opinion, you need them all even if you dont play the factions :smug:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
My distributor just updated street date for Op Icestorm, to September 14th. who knows if this is final.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Swagger Dagger posted:

I would love those Ghulam models so much if the women didn't have the exact same heads.

They actually aren't from what I an tell, the hair style seems to be a little different. Also, if its that big of a deal, lop the drat thing off and replace it with one of a thousand bits replacement heads, a lot of small companies make them.

Edit:
The other day someone was asking about terrain that can be folded flat for storage after the game, like the stuff in the new box set.
I think this would work for them.
http://www.battlesystems.co.uk/products.html

Its supposed to all come apart for storage, my set from the Kickstarter should be in soon.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 7, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
August releases posted.

Op Icestorm is in the list too...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152427053633842.1073741876.70390538841&type=1

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Pierzak posted:

No, you need to stop priming black models you're gonna paint in bright colors :v:

Zenithial Priming. Best of both worlds.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

WAR FOOT posted:

I was going to do a post with the missions, tables and general cool stuff from my tournement this past weekend, but one of the players beat me to it with a well-written blog post.

I highly recommend taking a peek, if only because Mission 4: Last Action Hero, is the best Infinity Mission.

http://beholdtheomega.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/tournament-total-reaction-3-return-of.html

Please tell me about the asian tech terrain in the No quarter mission. I haven't seen it before and I like it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

It's a new one out of C&C workshop from Australia. It's insanely cool. It will probably cost a fortune, but they've been mum about the price so far.

costing a fortune is no joke, I have two sets of their orlder urban streets. that's like $550.

I think I'll design my own version.. garage here I come!

I did start working on another building recently, just prototyping some designs.

The sample turned out well, was really easy to assemble. But I want to give my stuff a little more detail and favor.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 12, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Im not sure how I feel about the new LoS silhouette, I mean its nice that all figures are on equal footing with it. It just seems so clunky.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
As of RIGHT NOW, my distribtutor has a release date for the rulebook of November 14th, but this is probably a temp date.

Also not sure if its anywhere else but I got access to this PDF, its a preview of the 3rd ed rules. Didnt see an NDA or anything like that anywhere.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5990181/Inf3rd%20Rules%20Preview.pdf

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 13, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
weird that they will give us access to an old pdf and call it 3rd preview. probably just the distributor not knowing any better.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Prefect Six posted:

So is Operation: Icestorm still 2nd edition rules?

No, its a basic version of 3rd.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I like Carlos but he is so loving hard to understand most of the time :(

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JoshTheStampede posted:

I can understand everything he says except unit names so if I can't understand something I assume he just said Alguacile or Svarlaheima or something.

I think it has more to do with his done, I dont notice inflections where I expect them, it has to do with spanish being his native language I am sure. Its just really hard for me to understand him.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Pierzak posted:

How about <30 models? As long as it's good and has pretty minis.

Ill probably get flogged because animu, but Anima Tactics is actually a lot of fun and all of the characters are very different. the TnA isn't too bad either for you boob haters out there.

Back to Infinity, I sure hope they dont spend time re-sculpting everything, I have a retardedly huge collection, I dont need any reasons to rebuy something I already have.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
There is also Freebooter's fate and Freeblades. Freebooters is fantasy, with a bit of pirate flavor.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
This image is a repost but I am looking for game specific feedback.

This is one of my lasercut building floors,

Here is a shot with more floors, they all lift off each other for easy access. and obviously Im not done painting them.

Should work well enough for Infinity right?
I know I've shown them before in their fresh cut state but I want to make sure the design is good before I call it done.

Also any thoughts on color scheme would be great, the one with off-white paneling is the direction I am planning to go with all of them.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I've been playing a lot of xcom, so I have cover on the brain, and I wonder if you could add notches at each quarter on the interior sides, so that you could cut another wall and slot it in to divide the space on the floor.

I'm having weird flashbacks of aliens getting critical hits on your soldier by getting los from a window on the opposite side of the building.

I already have this done, not notches, but walls that slide in and have their own "feet" to stand on. These rooms are 6"x6" btw

• Locked thread