Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ilor posted:

That's Hassassin Fidayngus. He's in disguise. Can't you tell by the ridiculous moustache?

This is so good.

Also, if anyone's looking to get some Haqq, I have some old stuff up for sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yeah, I'd say Red Veil is the way to go right now. JSA starter is showing it's age.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Blatant crossposting!

Signal posted:

My Maghariba Guard turned out much better, however.

I was challenged to weather it intensely, like the studio model. Lots of fun, and I'm glad to have it finally finished.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Thanks guys! I bought it when it came out, but I've been procrastinating since. :p

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I just finished my Bashi's recently!

(crappy cell phone pic)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

I loving love the weathering on the wings here.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Nice work, I love the models and concept for these guys. Knifey mcpiratehood is particularly cool.

Thanks guys! They were my first look at weathering my Haqq more than very lightly, and I've been enjoying the effect.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Actually, suppressive fire reduces you to burst three regardless of the weapon being used.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Fire helps not at all anymore, don't even bother. Makaul are overpowered for their points cost, and symbiomates are stupid bullshit

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

grassy gnoll posted:

If you assemble and prime them, they aren't unpainted. That's the law. Look it up.

You should try a fully painted meta :smug:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

TheFinalTuba posted:

Hey! Just finished painting up the new Caledonia Starter, and thought I would share how they turned out! X-Post from Oath Thread:

That's my boy. :cheers:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LazyAngel posted:

This month's tally of painted Tohaa;

So that's the Gorgos and all the Kamael out of the way. Really feel that painting larger numbers of line troops means I end up rushing them a bit. Better to do two or three at a time.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm painting them faster and more efficiently in batches, but it does tend to lead to either fatigue or lessened quality.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

loving lmao. Well done.

You got something to look forward to. I think if given half the chance Aristeia can really take off. I might write up a review for it.

Please do. I have so many games already that I haven't played (some of which have been revised multiple times since I bought into them....) that I didn't pick it up. Let me know why I should commit myself to Yet Another Game, so I can feed my addiction.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Xaerael posted:

How does Joan fair as an Lt? I get she's super obvious if you use her right, but for her points she seems pretty drat strong, and a good way to get some cheap orders in return.

She's a beast. For Military Orders, she can be a great choice. Personally I think a full link of HI with her is too many points in one place, but ymmv.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Poor Maggy. :rip:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

New Asawira? You guys got a link for this stuff?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Thanks!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

grassy gnoll posted:

I find myself curiously okay with the Wardriver and new Zoe/Pi-well.

Did they ever confirm or deny they were doing another Operation box for Ariadna/Combined?

I wanna see Shasvaasti vs Vedic. (MRRF would be okay too)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

We got two, but they're easy enough to use as regular structures.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Genghis Cohen posted:

An excellent looking table man! I love seeing peoples' custom terrain, definitely a lot of advantages to having a personally unique set-up with so much straight-as-per-instructions MDF stuff around.

Also, your sort of designs avoid the so-called 'castle effect'. After hearing of this, I can't stop seeing it. It's how the little individual buildings with low walls all around the roofs create little fortresses - models can lie prone, or fall unconscious, and be essentially untouchable without a great expenditure of orders and/or speculative fire. It really strikes me how many games come down to this sort of thing.

Yeah, we try really hard to avoid having too many buildings with perimeter walls around the rooftops. They do make a useful reward for choosing deployment advantage at times.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Maximus might be a joke as 'infinity scale', but hot drat - he paints himself.
God I wish there were more 54mm skirmish games.

That's gorgeous!

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone happen to have an extra pistol arm from the Mobile Brigada hacker? I seem to have lost mine into the carpet abyss, and after an hour of searching I'm about to write it off. :(

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yeah, I inset magnets into the antennae as well.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

So we're pretty sure a Japanese Separatist force is coming, right? As a non aligned force like the Druze, you think? And will there still be loyalist Japanese? Do we know anything?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ouch. Feel like CA definitely got the better character here.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Just saw a Morat hungry link in action today. Those things are way too cheap for how potent they are.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yeah, I know I've been playing this game for years and only saved a list maybe twice.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yeah, it was the Gaki that brought it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I believe the answer is no, but _might_ be yes if the WuMing was a hacker.

• Locked thread