Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Woo, new modding thread. Lot's of space to fill with sweet, sweet mods.

Two suggestions for non-mod stuff:
Here's the S.T.E.P. guide to Mod Organizer, since video guides are usually painful to watch. This'll answer many questions that will inevitably be asked.

Skyrim GEMS should probably be in the Sources part. I know, it links back to the Nexus and Workshop, but it is a great resource for finding mods that are known to be good.

Maybe add Dreogan's Skyforge Weapons, since you have his other mods. They all link to each other, but they all deserve a mention in the OP.

Also, Kilroy has a few mods that really deserve to be mentioned, being goon-made and also awesome. Soulfire, for one, is a must-have. It uses your magicka pool to recharge enchanted weapons.

As for myself, I wish someone would make a mod that lets you skip Season Unending. I'd rather the Dovahkiin just tell everyone to shut the gently caress up and get along for a while instead of the stupid rear end negotiations that result in major political changes for no reason.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know if ENB can be enabled through MO? I'm trying to keep the main Skyrim folder as virgin as possible.

There's this, an ENB manager. I've never tried it, though.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I really missed having unarmed in this game, has there been any good mods to address its absence?

There's Grandmaster and there's Way of the Monk, both of which seem to be pretty popular. I've never used them, so I can't comment on them. I'm pretty sure both of them are incredibly script-heavy, so make a backup before trying them out!

Apoplexy posted:

By the way, Categorized Favorites Menu isn't needed anymore with SkyUI covering favorites, and in a way that is insanely superior to CFM. It also does hotkeys, so More Hotkeys Please is also worth ditching from the OP. And although waterfalls and windmills would fall under visual improvements, SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills by SjoertJansen is incredible and new, making it yet another aspect of Skyrim's vanilla visuals that has been cracked open and replaced with a far superior modded variation.

It should be mentioned that Categorized Favorites is not necessarily inferior to SkyUI's favorites, because they accomplish different things. CFM, as stated in the name, allows for categories in your favorites menu, and the menu itself is also huge. Also, CFM Oni Edition updates CFM to include items from popular mods, so they show up in their proper category.

Oh, and Dragon Soul Relinquishment would be an awesome addition to the Gameplay section, since it let's you exchange excess dragon souls for perks, shout power, shout cooldown time, carry weight, unarmed damage, or attribute increase. It's configurable with an MCM menu, adds appropriate animations, and is lore friendly (you use a "dragonstone" in High Hrothgar to activate it, but only after getting the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller).

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 1, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I uploaded my SPERG "Weapon Styles" Add-on to the Nexus. Here's the link for those of you who might be interested.

Edit: Could the link maybe go in the main SPERG OP? I crave exposure.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 4, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
You need at least 0.195 for the new memory features to function. You can try to use an ENB preset that uses an older version, but your actual ENB needs to be 0.195. Doing so might make your stuff look messed up, though.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Sesquiculus posted:

Yeah, I was using the full Uncapper, but it wouldn't run from inside MO for whatever reason. I finally solved the problem by removing both Uncapper and SPERG's uncapper ini from MO entirely and just copying them directly to the Data folder.

Hmm. It should run without issue from within MO. Was the directory for it "[Mod Organizer]\mods\Skyrim -Community- Uncapper\SKSE\Plugins"? That would be the default directory MO installs it in.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Cerevisiae posted:

For some reason the Uncapper INI doesn't get overwritten by SPERG's version of it in Mod Organizer. Every time I've had to copy the INI from SPERG to the Uncapper to get it to work properly when first setting it up.

I think it loads whichever was installed last, but there's no reason to have two of the same file anyway. I just delete SPERG's uncapper .ini and adjust the default one with SPERG's setting.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Regarding Falskaar, the OP says that you need compatibility patches to avoid broken saves, but the Falskaar page doesn't link to any. Is there a list of mods that need compatibility patches?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Looks like NMM is going to be doing something similar to Mod Organizer by installing mods in NMMs directory rather than the Skyrim folder. If I'm understanding this right, it will be as if millions of Skyrim installations suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

This should be interesting.

Edit: So what's the most common cause of infinite load screens when loading from the main menu? I can load any game when I'm already inside the game itself, but some saves will not load from the main menu.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 12, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
If it creates a virtual directory and lets you run third party installers and patchers without issue, then I might actually switch back. MO is a pain mostly because of lack of community support.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
How so? Most of the questions I've seen about MO relate to how to get SKSE plugins to run, how to install anything that runs outside of the Data directory, how to get SkyProc patchers to work, etc. I've only ever seen on mod installer that even acknowledges that MO exists. Most people default to NMM because it just the norm, since it's supported by the Nexus. If more modders would provide instructions and support for MO installations, more people would use it. Admittedly, MO probably doesn't make this easy.

If NMM can eventually do what MO does then it's win/win.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 12, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Have you even used Mod Organizer? You're just posting anecdotal nonsense. Skyproc patchers are added just like any other executable, Mod Organizer is compatible with NMM links, handles both BAIN and FOMOD/NMM installers, and doesn't even need to touch outside of the data directory (no mod manager does, as far as I can tell.)

If you want anecdotal, most people itt are using Mod Organizer without issue.

I'm currently using it without issue. I'm not speaking from my own experiences. It's definitely not "anecdotal nonsense" to say that MO isn't the easiest piece of software to use. Just because you and I know how to use something doesn't mean its an easy for the majority of the community to do. Running a SkyProc patcher as an executable only get you so far if you don't know that you need to move it out of the overwrite directory and replace it for each profile you run. Do you really think someone who isn't the smartest guy in the room wouldn't overlook this?

And no, I've seen a few people (myself included) have problems with using MO in this and the other threads. I've been modding Elder Scrolls games since Daggerfall, so it's not like I don't know my way around the tools, but that's not the case for most people. Chill the gently caress out.

epitasis posted:

How to use SKSE with MO:

1. Install SKSE to the Skyrim directory

2. Install any SKSE mod like you would anything else

Unless it's Elys Uncapper, or MenuQue, or any of the other mods that sometimes don't work with MO for reasons. People in this very thread are reporting that Elys Uncapper and SPERG have problems working together when run through MO.

Edit: For the record I have both of these working properly in their respective games.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 12, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Raygereio posted:

I agree that MO could use some better documentation.
But on the other hand, it's not unreasonable to expect that an user uses his or her brain. I'm not a rocket scientist or some mensa ubermensch and, between google'ing and trying things out, I figured out how to use MO. It's not difficult.

What I see quite frequently are people who come across a problem, or don't know how to do something and instead of even so much as attempting to work the problem out by themselves, or go and search for information, they instead immediatly give up and post somewhere with the expectation that someone will spoonfeed them the answer.
People like that aren't an indication that MO is difficult to use. It just means people are stupid. Really stupid.

There's two extremes to the community. Those who can solve any problem, and those who can't solve any problems. Those in the middle can still have some difficulty with MO. My point was that if NMM can do something similar to MO, then it' a good thing, because it would mean a better mod manager with a larger support base. Yes, that would benefit the really stupid peons who want to enjoy Skyrim like the rest of us master modders. To me, that's great. I'm not sure I would use it, but I only use MO to keep my Skyrim install virgin, anyway.

I don't know where Gyshall got the idea that I thought MO was some impenetrable enigma.

Raygereio posted:

The workaround for having a plugin not work right when you have the .ini and the .dll in seperate folders is having Sperg's .ini for uncapper in the same folder as uncapper's .dll. This is a solution people could have found if they searched around with google. Also I believe that issue will be fixed when the next version of MO rolls out of beta.

As for MenuQue. Isn't that an OBSE plugin? I haven't looked at Oblivion modding in ages, but I have seen reports where MO had trouble presenting the .dll of the plugin to the script extender. I haven't had that issue in Skyrim though.

I'm familiar with how to fix it, and in fact provided that same solution to a user. But it did come up as a problem with MO, which is why I brought it up.

And yeah, MenuQue is for OBSE, but when I installed it on one Oblivion installation through MO, it refused to work. When I installed it on another Oblivion installtion, it worked like a charm. For some reason, one installation wasn't generating a necessary file. I'm just using that as an example of how modding can be weird and is by no means cut and dry, like Gyshall seems to think.

Edit: I'm starting a semi-vanilla game so I can slowly add mods back to pin down whatever's killing my saves. Does anyone know of a mod that adds Meridia's Beacon to the boss chest in Bleak Falls Barrow? The past few times (5 or 6 at least) I've been there with my normal mod collection, its been there, but with all those mods stripped out, its not. I know it's normally placed randomly, but it seems odd that it would be there so regularly.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 12, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Gyshall posted:

I've been modding Bethesda games since Morrowind, I 100% realize how horrible and awful of an experience it is/can be. Your original post that MO doesn't have community support is wrong, and was what I was pointing out. No need to write up huge posts about this, lets just keep talking about modding this game for fucks sake. :spergin:

Your post came off as kind of stand-offish, so I figured I'd reply appropriately. If I misinterpreted your tone, I apologize. I suppose we disagree on what "community support" is, but I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, if anyone can give any insight into how the new NMM will work based on what was revealed (Symlink? What the hell is that?) I'd be interested to know more. I know we have very little to speculate on. I'm pretty wary about ever switching back, but it'll be interesting to see how the Nexus community responds. Seems like a huge change that will require a lot of work on the part of modders with well-established content, but who knows.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
This weapon mod looks great, though some of the weapons might be too "fantasy" for some tastes. But hold on, Chakram? Xena run? Hell yes.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Foxhound posted:

Anyone know why my saves keep getting hosed? It's like, the last one or two saves (usually an autosave from my last area transfer and my last "manual" save before I shut down the game) fail to load. If I go back to the last autosave before then it works and I can then enter the cell where the "bugged" save was and keep playing without issues. Also the game tends to become unresponsive when I exit Lakeview Manor or the big pub in Whiterun. I'm not at home so I can't put in a modlist right now, but what could be typical causes of this? Are there any "saving" mods that make good, clean saves?

In my experience, certain areas tend to hang on loading screens, the Bannered Mare (the Whiterun pub) and Dragonsreach being two of the biggest offenders for me. I've no idea why this is.

I had the same problem with my saves; eventually they just fail to load from the main menu. I can usually go back to an older save, but inevitably it happens again. I'm currently in the process of figuring out what the cause is, but that involves starting from a near-vanilla game and slowly re-adding mods until it starts to kill my saves. I'd be happy to report my findings if I ever get to that point. A result of this has been that I'm being far more critical of the mods I add back; I was surprised by the amount of mods I added but never even got around to using, mostly quest mods and such.

A quick and dirty solution is to start a new game, and make a save as soon as the game lets you take over. Don't plan on playing this save, so just use the starting Nord guy. Use a program to change the save file's Created on and Modified on dates to some time far in the future (to ensure that the save is always at the top of your list, thus readily accessible). Every time you want to play your messed up save, load the "starter" save first, and then after you are in the game, load your hosed up save. For some reason, my saves wouldn't load from the main menu, but would from a save already loaded. Keep in mind that this method doesn't fix anything, and your save is still probably hosed for good (assuming we have the same issue). Since using a save that won't load properly means that any saves after that one won't load properly, it would be wise to backup your last save that would load from the main menu so you can go back to it if you ever find out what the problem is. As I said, quick and dirty.

As for saving mods, I use AutoSave Manager and it was one of the first I added back, since I thought it might be the offender, but so far I've had no problems.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 16, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Just wanna say that the new Mod Organizer release candidate is a must have. Installed mods now show errors for missing masters, and BSAs are organized by mod, among other useful additions.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Edit: scratch that.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 18, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Scyantific posted:

The problem's been there since before dynamic things. My guess would be Item Sorting. Ill test it out.

I was having this problem. My guess was that the menu was getting overloaded, because at the time I was running close to 200 mods. It happened mostly in the crafting menu. I was never able to pin it down because I ditched that profile because it was getting buggy as gently caress. What I did notice was that it only froze when mousing over a new item (meaning I already had one item displayed and moved to another), so maybe the game was having trouble an additional item's graphic? It never seemed to affect any particular items, though.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

give me thread posted:

Good point. Just checked now and some AA was still left on. However after switching it all off and I still get the message.

If you're using Mod Organizer, you need to run the Skyrim Launcher through MO on each of your profiles and disable AA there. Fixed it for me.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 18, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

give me thread posted:

That worked! Thanks. :)

Happy to help!

Grey Elephants posted:

I can run it as an administrator, it just doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm running version 1.0.1 on Windows 8.

MO will occasionally screw up mods for me and make it so I can't delete them, saying I need administrator privileges, even though I have them. It also won't write anything to the MO log, which throws up errors each time I run an application through MO. I don't know why this happens, but restarting my computer seems to clear it up. Maybe try that.

As for myself, anyone ever get crashes while saving games? I've had three, one at the exact same location after reloading from the previous crash. The save is created normally and loads fine, but I'm wary of using a save that crashed my game. Any idea what causes it? I'm using AutoSave Manager, if that helps.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Grey Elephants posted:

Man, MO simply does not like me. Restarting and using an older version spat out the same error.

It can be a bitch sometimes, but don't get discouraged. Once you get it sorted out, you won't want to use anything else.

As for good mods, This mod lowers weapons in 1st person, which is awesome, and so far seems to work with XP32. You can choose how far down the weapons go. No more arms sticking straight out while wielding your poo poo!

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Scyantific, did you ever establish what was causing your menus to crash? I'm growing modsick Better Sorting, but I know you thought it might be the culprit.

Edit: Also, Seorin, I took the Master Debater perk, but recieved no Magicka. Has this been reported? I'm using the 4.0 on the Nexus.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 25, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I'm going to throw the one you're using into my game and see if it comes up (it looks better than Headbomb's anyway). It's unlikely, since I wasn't using it myself and had the same problem, but you never know. I haven't had a single menu crash or freeze since I started rebuilding my load order, so if it starts happening I'll report back.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Thunderchild is great, but I ended up having to cheat to get some of the "mini-games" to work. Getting to the tip-top of the Throat of the World is a huge pain (tcl all the way!), and even after being rescued by Kyne after jumping off a mountain, I still died (tgm for that) . They're cool ideas, though. However, I can't for the life of me get the pillars of the voice to appear. The author says to wait 31 days, then stop, reset, and start the quest in the console, but that doesn't work. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Sounds like the mod is generally buggy for you, because I had none of those problems with the pillars and the jumping off cliffs, Kyne saves me very reliably there. Got any other mods that might be conflicting? Maybe tried to run BOSS over it?

Nah, my load order is pretty trim and I run BOSS like a fiend. I know that others have had problems with jumping off high spots and the pillars not appearing, though. I've been saved by Kyne, but when I was slowly dropped down I died when my feet hit the ground, as if the game still thought I was falling. The author pretty much wrote off the pillars, though, saying that it's a small part of the mod and he's not going to make the mod a conflicting mess by planting them throughout the game world normally, which is understandable. It's a great mod, but those two issues seem to be reported regularly in the Nexus mod thread.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
This looks interesting. Dynamic Loot, let's you customize drops according to enemy type. Looks like you can disallow high tier items from dropping, so it might be a suitable Morrowloot-lite.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Kilroy posted:

I made something like this 18 months ago and nobody gave a poo poo :-(

I mentioned Soulfire should be in the OP way early in the thread! It's in the OP, in fact. It's a must have, IMO.

Edit: Oh, you mean something else. Soulfire recharges a little fast but it's simple as hell.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Right off the bat, you're running duplicate versions of SPERG. You should only have Skyrim Perk Enhancements.esp or SPERG.esp, and the appropriate DLC patches for your version. Dunno if that's the problem, but the inventory crash is common, at least on these forums.

Edit: Assuming you want version 4.0 of SPERG, then you only need SPERG.esp, SPERG-DB.esp, and SPERG-BG.esp.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 3, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
How do I set a companion's residence with the EFF beta (the one with the companion wheel)? I can't find it in the "More" subsection.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

Hey, I really love Skyrim and it occurred to me that now that I have an actual desktop PC that seems good enough to run modern games, maybe I could get Skyrim for it and play with some mods! I'm mostly interested in new quests and locations, so I'm glad there's a section in the OP that highlights some good quests. I'm pretty happy with the combat and whatever, what I most want is for the landscape to be interesting again when I wander around it, new tasks show up to do, etc. I love just plonking down for a few hours every couple of weeks to wander around the Rift or something, but I've done everything in the game a few times over by now.

I'm totally inexperienced with modding and stuff though, so I know it's going to take me a lot of time to get everything set up and working. I guess what I'm asking is, would all that (and re-buying skyrim and some dlc on steam) be worth what the new quests/locations mods offer?

Yeah, mods make it worth the cost.

I agree with Mzbundifund, if you really just want to jump in and play with some mods and have no experience with Skyrim modding, then use Nexus Mod Manager for now. Try to learn as much as you go, and down the road make some time to learn about Mod Organizer, because it's a great program. NMM never gave me any trouble, but I'm an MO convert these days. Granted, my first time using MO was an earlier version that was less than user friendly, but it's come a long way.

Most folks suggest a near Vanilla run before you start adding a ton of mods, but SkyUI is considered a must-have even if you're running minimal mods. I would also suggest SPERG, but you really need to get a feel for the Vanilla perks first so you know how good SPERG really is.

Jabarto posted:

I couldn't, either. I ended up switching to the classic menu because of that (well, that and the fact that I hated using the wheel menu in general).

Yeah, that's a good workaround until it's fixed. I'll do that. Thanks.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I found this last night. Atlas Map Markers, which adds a ton of new map markers, and includes world maps for the Soul Cairn, Blackreach, and the Forgotten Vale (with new map markers for those locations) and map markers for Dragonborn. It also includes optional map marker and compass tweaks marker. Pretty neat. The new World Maps leave a bit to be desired graphically, but still a nice addition.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Resplendent Racials Package

The guy behind Apocalypse, Dwemerverse, and Thunderchild previously put out a mod called Excellent Racials (which has since been removed from the nexus). Resplendent Racials is the direct successor to ERP, and includes a vast amount of improvements over the original racials package he put out.

Each race now has two unique powers, one of which must be unlocked via a short quest, and each race comes with three new abilities.

You know, he did this with Thunderchild (releasing a mod, then releasing a second mod as a "successor") and it kind of bugs me, because you have to uninstall his previous mod to use the updated one, and the rule of thumb is to stick with a mod for good. I don't know how well his mods handle being uninstalled, so will "updating" to the new mod and uninstalling the old one cause issues? How script heavy are they? I could be overreacting. His work is top-notch though, so it ends up being worth the hassle.

This reminds me of another question. If you uninstall a script-heavy mod, make a "clean" save (complete with orphaned scripts), then re-install the old mod, will any orphaned scripts resume as if never orphaned?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Most mods that are script heavy are a "stick with it for good" type of mod, just due to how Skyrim handles scripts in save games. It isn't exclusive to just this dude's mods.

Could you point out the part in my post where I said that it was exclusive to his mods? Hint: "rule of thumb" doesn't imply exclusivity.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I'm gonna start a thief run. Besides Shenk Thievery Overhaul, which seems to be dead, are there any good mods that add new locations to loot or more stuff in existing locations? There's a mod on the Nexus that adds vaults, but they look like poo poo. Something along those lines would be awesome, though.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
For anyone using my weapon style add-on for SPERG, I need to make it so Purse Snatcher and Celerity don't make the player insanely fast. So my solution is to reduce both perks' speed increases to 15%, adding an additional effect to Purse Snatcher that increases your pickpocket chance by 50% when running or sprinting (25% base, and 25% to negate the fact that you're not hidden, though this might need be lowered), and maybe a 5% or 10% increase in weapon speed or armor class for Celerity.

Alternatively, I could just make them not stack at all and leave them intact, although I'd like them to not be mutually exclusive.

I'd just like to know what those using it think. My main concern is that, having never really played a thief in Skyrim, I'm not sure how well this will scale at higher levels. I know that pickpocketing caps out at 90 percent, so this would be of limited utility later on. Can you still achieve 90% pickpocket in Vanilla while running past someone while not hidden? It would be great for role-playing purposes, especially early on.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 13, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Mustang posted:

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing with the uncapper to change it to one perk per 2 levels. The ini file has explanations for every line and I'm not sure which park I'm supposed to change.

[PerksAtLevelUp]
;Set the number of perks gained at each level up. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.
;Default game value is one perk per level (you can also use float as value, for example 1.25 per points per level)
; Level (2..10000) = Perks (0..255)
;
;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 1 perk per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 2 perks per level at and from level 10 to 29,
; then 4 perks per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no perk at all per level for level 95 and above
;
;2=1
;10=2
;30=4
;95=0
2=1

Which part of this do I change to make it a consistent one perk per 2 levels?

2=1
3=0.5

That will get you one perk at level 2 and one perk every even level thereafter, so your perks equal one half of your level. Just ignore anything with a semicolon in front of it.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Kilroy posted:

Did USKP 2.0.3 break the Storm Call shout for anyone else? It seems to add a check for whether an object's 3D is loaded, before casting the lightning strike. Problem is, the thing it's checking is just sort of a stub object, and doesn't have any 3D, so the check returns false and the spell is never cast, the lightning never strikes. It's all flash and thunder, but no substance. There's some kind of irony there, I think.

No clue, but I'm curious why they would do this? Storm Call seemed to work fine, with the exception of hitting everyone including neutrals and allies.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Neato. Seems like an odd design choice (fixing bugs that don't hurt the game), but I suppose there's merit in the idea. Regarding Storm Call hitting everything, I know it's supposed to do that, but it just pisses me off. I want to walk around in a thunderstorm without accruing bounties for killing chickens.

In a slightly related note, I mentioned the USKP and the Unofficial DLC patches to a co-worker, and he informed me that they were unnecessary because Bethesda fixed every single bug in the last official patch. This is such a detached opinion that I had nothing to say. Didn't the last official patch actually break some things, like lip sync?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Your coworker is an idiot.

You don't know the half of it. Ugh. How hard is it to read a change log?

Kilroy posted:

Yeah, you're not alone. In fact, I adjusted Storm Call so it didn't do that. I hadn't released it, but now I have:

A Kinder, Gentler Storm Call

...and, it overrides the change in the USKP which was breaking the shout before (for me, at least).

Thanks for this; your mods are always great. Actually I used your Flora Respawn Fix as an example of what bugs Bethesda left behind when talking to my dumb coworker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Mustang posted:

Does anyone use Skybirds? I have a bunch of birds in my game that just stand there without moving and if you hit them they just disappear. Not sure what could have caused it, was working fine earlier.

ASIS is known to cause frozen birds with Skybirds, so if you're using that, add the Skybirds .esp to the mod exclusion list.

• Locked thread