Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Discovered this thread and downloaded like ten new mods, after porting everything over to Mod Organizer. Thanks, goons!

One thing: the Excellent Racials mod in the OP is outdated and should be replaced by Resplendent Racials Package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does Mod Organizer automatically update itself like the NMM does?

No, because it's not official Nexus software and the dev doesn't want it to overload their servers.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hope you goons can help me. I'm getting a crash every time I enter Morthal trying to complete the Dawnstar Museum quest. I summoned Jorgen to another cell and got the keys from him, but I can't approach his house without crashing. Here's my Papyrus log:

I saved right after I fast traveled to Morthal, so it crashes as soon as I open that save. I've toggled any mods that show up in the Papyrus log, but it doesn't help. When I start Skyrim without Mod Organizer, thus disabling all my mods, it doesn't crash immediately but after running towards the house it still crashes. Here's the tail end of that error:

code:
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp0"
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.CheckBools() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 74
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 146
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.OnUpdate() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 103
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] ERROR: Cannot call Disable() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.CheckBools() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 78
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 146
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.OnUpdate() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 103
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] ERROR: Cannot call Show() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 151
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
	[None].skyrimunboundquestscript.ContinueSkyrimUnbound() - "SkyrimUnboundQuestScript.psc" Line 151
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] VM is freezing...
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:39PM] VM is frozen
[10/09/2014 - 05:54:40PM] Saving game...
The "None object" seems to be the common denominator, and <unknown self> also pops up a few times in the logs. Anyone know what the problem might be or what might be done to fix it?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yep, Skyrim Unbound is still installed. I'm not actually using it because I've been playing the same character for two years, but it's not orphaned.

I ran that tool on my save and got "622 scripts and 827 instances removed." (I assume that's 2 years' worth of buildup.)

Unfortunately that did not in and of itself fix the CTD. But it did shorten the Papyrus log considerably. (1214KB to 60KB!) Here's another excerpt from my last try:

code:
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: File "Chesko_Frostfall.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.RunStartupCheck() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 381
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 91
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: File "AK- Placeable Statics.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
	<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.RunStartupCheck() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 420
	[alias wizDTCompatibilityAlias on quest wizDTCompatibilityQuest (470135A9)].wizdtcompatibility.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "wizDTCompatibility.psc" Line 91
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] InigofollowerDialogue::PlayerLoadGame()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Error: Cannot call IsWeaponDrawn() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias PlayerMonitor on quest InigoFollowerControl (5A050584)].InigoPlayerMonitor.OnUpdate() - "InigoPlayerMonitor.psc" Line ?
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp10"
stack:
	[alias PlayerMonitor on quest InigoFollowerControl (5A050584)].InigoPlayerMonitor.OnUpdate() - "InigoPlayerMonitor.psc" Line ?
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:11PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:12PM] InitWidgetLoader()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:12PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()
[10/09/2014 - 06:25:12PM] DLC2CultistAmbush stage 10, waiting for DLC2MQ01.IsRunning()

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nah, that is Dynamic Things looking for those plugins for compatibility reasons and not finding them. It's harmless, I think.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hah, to be fair, I've been to Morthal probably once in that whole time. I'm just so attached to my character by now that the only reason I would make a new one is to get the Steam achievements I missed when I imported my saves. Shame it takes so much longer for new characters to be made than for old ones to kick the bucket! Dawnstar just lost 8 named NPCs to a dragon attack. It's rather empty in there now.

I'll try resetting the cell. If that fails, I just won't complete the quest. Que sera sera!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The OP was last updated in late February.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well, I know what I'm going to do with the trail of NPCs I've got that can't sneak for poo poo and keep messing up my stealth kills.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dongattack posted:

Came here to post this also. After my Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor addiction passes, it looks like i'm being loving dragged back into Skyrim again :v:

My Shadow of Mordor addiction passed after the game left Mordor. Like, I killed a metric shitton of captains and all the warchiefs and even the Hammer and finished all the quests and my reward was to be moved to a new map with new captains and new warchiefs and new quests and also new towers so I couldn't fast travel anymore. gently caress that, I'm done.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

FadedReality posted:

Aw man the second map is where you get the ability to start dominating captains, sending death threats, and building up a brainwashed orc army who can be commanded to ambush other captains.

I could already send death threats, but I didn't see the point. I was just faced with the prospect of literally starting the map over from scratch and I was like "nah, I'm out."

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Buried alive posted:

Mr. Crow's post quoting himself is the one I was thinking of. Also, has anyone tried 28 Days Later? It looks.. interesting.

Edit: The alternate stat system is currently hidden. Boo :(

Looks awesome, but I can't be hosed to try it out. Someone LP it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Duck and burger posted:

I'm trying to make a hit and run assassin but it's loving IMPOSSIBLE to ever get back into stealth once one dude in the whole battle has seen you. No matter how far away, out of LOS, using the 100 sneak thing, whatever -- I get hounded through it all. Are there any mods that address that?

Play Shadow of Mordor instead or something.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

One of my mods appears to have either started deleting every item I drop, or making it invisible. This is highly annoying and impeding my arrow conservation. Anyone know off the top of their head what might be causing this or should I start disabling mods and testing them?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well, I reloaded Skyrim and it stopped. How odd.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Agents are GO! posted:

Skyrim stopped?

The bug where every item that entered the world from my inventory would disappear stopped.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

This is a bug caused by mucking with skill up rates by any means other than the uncapper. I found this out when I was mucking around with SkyTweak.

What code could possibly be causing that? Nature is terrifying.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

scamtank posted:

Probably the same one that makes >60fps refresh rates do poltergeist poo poo with physics objects.

That sounds like it makes sense. Physics is generally based on your dt (change in time) since the last refresh, so that if you lag, things still move in the game world the same amount. Though, I would expect it to occur at very low refresh rates. I know from experience that if something is moving very fast it can phase through solid objects simply by being displaced to the other side of them without the game even knowing it collided with anything, since the two objects never intersected.

Changing the rate at which your skills increase making you unable to buy skill training, on the other hand, seems like two only tangentially related things that shouldn't have any conflict with each other. I can't imagine how the system must be coded for a bug like that to be possible.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Metalocalypse posted:

Speaking of combat mods, I saw this on Brodual not too long ago. Combat Evolved http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56147/ . Anyone give that a whirl? Been considering using that in conjunction with Deadly or Ultimate Combat + Revenge of the Enemies for some hardcore fun.

Nah, that one doesn't really add much. It's just some artificial difficulty inflation.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Republicans posted:

Hopefully Valve does the right thing in these instances and removes/refunds any mods with such obvious conficts.

:laffo:

Man Whore posted:

Is a modder not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

A Man mods, a Slave downloads

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hobo Siege posted:

El Generico is absolutely right, in all honesty.

I am terribly petty. Petty enough that I'm considering making my next few purchases on Origin where it's an option. I realize it's just trading a devil for another devil, but hey! US politics work the same way, right?

I barely even use mods, in truth. I just sort of enjoy the feeling of petty rage and indignation.

Jesus Christ, no, don't do this. Valve is a literal saint compared to its competitors. That's the whole problem, they can push this poo poo through as much as they want because there's no real alternative. No matter how terrible Steam gets, Origin was worse from the start.

quote:

In light of that, and what it could mean for our servers here, I've decided to cancel a long-weekend holiday I've had booked for the past 4 months with 30 other people, a reunion type thing, in Spain. I can't be sunning up by the pool fixing/tweaking servers on an 11 inch laptop via SSH with slightly dodgy Spanish hotel internet (no offence, Spain!) while trying to keep you all informed as to what's happening.
What the gently caress, dude?

Go to Spain.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 24, 2015

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bholder posted:

Not to mention many big name modders are against the idea of monetization itself, so I'm willing to bet Workshop won't destroy the glorious free modding market of Nexus a second time.

Unless Bethesda decides that mods can only be released on the Workshop legally. They can definitely keep people from modding if they want to, other companies have managed it.

Republicans posted:

So 25% is a relatively good deal I guess? That or Rocket was getting hilariously hosed.

Rocket's an rear end in a top hat anyway. gently caress him.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bethesda sure has been racking up the bad will lately. First the trainwreck that was ESO, and now this.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Man, this guy was basically a saint in my eyes for the work he did on Bethesda's lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely... lovely interface. I would have gladly donated heaps of money to him, voluntarily. Now he's going to force everyone to pay him? He can gently caress off.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Police Automaton posted:

Collecting old cars is also an expensive hobby so gaming should be more expensive because reasons.

:retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames:

PC gaming is a really expensive hobby, I don't know what people are talking about. Have you motherfuckers tried throwing away your desktop and making model airplanes? See the kind of difference it makes to your wallet.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

projecthalaxy posted:

It's cool how the two companies most associated with mods and that used to tout the mod scene as a reason to buy their games have declared open war on modding. Next I expect Zynga and King to come out hard against cash shops.

What if... you had to pay, to use cash shops? Like an entrance fee?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Archonex posted:

Like a rock. :allears:

down to 272150. what was it at before this?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Skyrim's rating has dropped 3% into "Very Positive."

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SkyUI's endorsements are rising again, they were at 272,129 when I checked.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Canemacar posted:

Am I just blind, or has Valve removed the review stats from the Skyrim page? I remember watching it nosedive yesterday from about 98% to 95% over the course of a couple hours, but now I don't see it.

It hasn't been removed, it's down to 93%. You have to hover over the rating.

e:f;b

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 25, 2015

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Red Mundus posted:

Another issue I just thought about was feature creep. There was a mod on nexus that added a bunch of inconsequential npcs into the game to make it more livelier. At some point the modder decided to make it so that anyone playing an Argonian or Kahjiit character would not be able to enter Windhelm without passing a fairly high persuasion check. He did this for "lore" reasons. When people spoke up he said it was his decision and he was keeping it that way because in the lore of the game Argonians and Khajiit are discriminated against. Never mind the fact that it pretty much broke game progression by locking you out of a key town.

Now imagine buying that mod when it was first released and then a month from now this happens. You can't get a refund as the 24 hour window has passed and you have no recourse to get your money back. You could ask the modder to change it, as per Valve's suggestion, but in this case it wouldn't help as the modder is steadfast in keeping in feature creep elements.

This is really common. Another mod that added in bandit groups was HUGELY popular but had so much feature creep that most people recommend others to avoid it now.

There was even an issue where a very popular combat overhaul mod with hundreds of thousands of downloads was discovered by a goon to have done absolutely nothing that it stated it did. It was just a few tweaks and more than half of the things the mod said it did did nothing. It took over a year for people to discover that.

And on top of all that, you paid for a mod!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

projecthalaxy posted:

Well if you spend just 15 measly dollars a month on mod insurance...

I think you mean 3,000 Bells.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gyshall posted:

Great post, Mr Scumbag

Well this one is certainly quality.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ETPC posted:

Does anyone have a source for the claim that Rocket and Bohemia cut out all mod contributors (because money) for DayZ standalone?

AFAIK they cut them out because they couldn't drop everything and fly out to Czechland to work on it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Skyrim rating is down to 92%

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pakled posted:

The lowest it can go is set by the modmaker and the lowest they can set it is 25 cents. Also, I remember reading something about how Valve can change the price if they choose to, which I guess is to prevent someone with a mod that a ton of other mods depend on like SkyUI or SKSE from saying "gently caress you" and setting it to an unreasonably high price like $50 to watch the monetized modding scene burn.

I actually really wish that had happened, it would have been awesome

All they have to do is set it to a price, you cannot include other cash mods in your cash mod

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gabe is good at hiding what a scumbag he is until someone mentions his favorite thing in all the world, money

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dapper Dan posted:

I don't think that is going to appease anyone. People simply do not want this and by trotting out bullshit PR libtard answers are not going to cut it. It really is hilarious at how fast that Valve's goodwill got burned. It basically was destroyed overnight.

How were those answers "libtard" at all? Sounds like you're getting some wires crossed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah I can see how you would feel that way. In Vancian systems casting direct damage spells tends to be the worst option. Why would I cast a fireball spell when I can turn the enemy into a single grain of sand and bury them on a lonely beach, where no one will ever find them and the turtles will piss on their grave

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ddraig posted:

There will be a sort of sweet irony if it drops below 84%, because that's the cutoff they used to gently caress Obsidian out of their bonus for New Vegas.

Also it's the best indicator of how much this move is loving them over. Generally when an executive walks into a boardroom and says, "<X> has dropped ten percent!!" it is a cause for company-wide panic. If anything might get them to pull the plug on this, it's the plummeting review scores, especially because it will completely gently caress their next game when it tanks in reviews because everyone is still salty about the paid mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Eonwe posted:

im pretty sure a bunch of people angrily downvoting their game well after somewhat critical acclaim and success isnt going to get them to say 'ok no we dont want any more money for basically free'

Why do you even bother posting in this thread? Apparently you don't even understand what we are saying so it's really pointless and I sort of feel sorry for you.

• Locked thread