Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I am getting CTD when I try to go in the general direction of the hearthfire property near falkreath, which really sucks because I just bought the property on a character I put a lot of time into. The last time it was happening it was the oakdale mod because for some reason he puts both the hearthfire version and the vanilla version into the steam page for his hearthfire version and I, like an idiot, checked both on my active mods list. Its been a while since then though and I only got a couple new mods, unless the oakdale guy borked his mod somehow I don't see what could be causing it.

note that I have the non-hearthfire versions checked to see if I missed something or got it reversed. They were not checked when I first encountered this problem.

A more minor problem I've been having is with Wet and Cold. It doesn't work for me at all, I haven't removed it or tried to fix it out of pure laziness really.

I only run BOSS, I should run wrye bash but I don't understand any mod things beyond load-order.

EDIT- Through strange voodoo, wet and cold started working but lakeview manor is still a dead zone.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Wet and cold will make water drip off you when it rains, I don't know if that is exactly what you are looking for though.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I think I saw it before, but is there a mod which adds children of other races to the game?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Scyantific posted:

Oh, and they're looking for anyone who can imitate Dunmer voices as well.

Someone is going to rupture their vocal chords.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Is there a mod that makes it so ghosts do not move objects in my house when I re-enter it?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

its not quite what you were asking but I remember one that added gigantic redwood trees but that was literally years ago since I've heard anything about it. Infact it was so long ago that it may have been for Oblivion and I am misremembering.

EDIT- http://youtu.be/SDPbgIYyHEk?t=3m3s see how this floats your boat

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 26, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Has the civil war overhaul been stabilized at all? I remember wanting to try it out when it was first released but it had a tendency to gently caress up catastrophically, so you pretty much had to make a playthrough just for the mod.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Sperg does as well, but its part of the heavy armor tree.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Duck and burger posted:

Are there any mods that do a truly quality job making unarmed a viable thing? I'm surprised ACE doesn't do anything with it.

Sperg has 3 perks in the Unarmed tree that sound like they make unarmed pretty viable.

quote:

Acid Splash - As long as one hand is free, melee attacks deal 50% more critical damage and have a 20% chance to deal extra poison damage over 3 seconds.
Blade Catcher - As long as one hand is free (unarmed or spell), melee attacks deal 20% more damage and you have a 10% chance to disarm attackers that strike you in melee.
Cheap Shot - As long as one hand is free, power attacks have a 25% chance to cripple the target. Unarmed attacks have a 5% higher chance to critically hit.
I never played an unarmed character though so I couldn't really say much beyond that.

EDIT- can someone make a compatibility patch that makes it so Heavy Armory weapons can be melted down with Sperg?

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 3, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Hahahaha I have never seen these until literally just now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddeTaBGzS0
The German suplex is still the best one.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

RangerPL posted:

What's up with CWO? I went to download it a moment ago and found that the page has been hidden. It mentions something about an "Epic Gameplay Overhaul" that's supposed to be out soon and include it. Please don't tell me CWO is being rolled into some huge supermod.

He apparantly is launching an update for all his "epic overhaul" mods, which CWO is part of.

He took down all his old versions because (???). (The answer is Aspergers.)
Seriously, have you seen the descriptions he puts on his mods? That guy is not right in the head.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

vuk83 posted:

Are there any good spear mods? Bonus for javelins

Well Heavy armory has spears and halberds and they fit p good most of the time in the base game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21120/

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 26, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Frankly posted:

On a similar note - does anyone have any Vampire/Werewolf overhaul mods that they can recommend? Basically I'm just looking for something to make both forms a little more risky (proper sun penalties, lunar transformations) and a little more interesting. I've found Heart of the Beast (better werewolf sounds, howl at the moon sort of stuff) and Bloodmoon Tales which adds moonlight transformations, werebears, hunters coming after you and stuff which seems neat. Haven't tried either yet though so I don't know if it works well!

But Jesus Christ it's pretty much 50/50 on whether a mod page is actually going to tell me clearly what the mod does or devolve into someone's vampire/werewolf/anime/ fanpage, any suggestions you guys have would be awesome.

Also I managed to mostly remove the problems I was having with SPERG's Phantom Beasts perk - I believe it was being triggered by a dodgy workshop mod not being properly installed. Bears/Spiders/Deers get desummoned once battle's over now! :dance:

I play with moonlight tales and I can highly recommend it, thought I would turn of the Npc to NPC infection mechanic and possibly the player to NPC infection mechanic if you are going for a non-gimmick playthrough.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Agents are GO! posted:

Edit: Also, while trying to get something else to work, I found out that Eorlund Grey-Mane, the finest loving smith in all of Skyrim, has a smithing skill of forty-gods-damned-four.

I think that may be intentional, He's seen as the best smith because the skyforge just makes better quality steel.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Naturally Selected posted:

Decided to reinstall this and holy poo poo. Can someone explain to me how a rig that runs FC4 on max-ultra at 50+ FPS barely gets 25 with an SSAO enb profile? :psyduck:

I mean, I realize it's kind of apples and oranges, but it's ridiculous. Sure is pretty, though :allears:

enb was made by a crazy russian while FC4 probably had a team devoted to optimization.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Naturally Selected posted:

Wasn't that whole thing some kind of side-quest in Oblivion? I remember some poo poo about being transported into a painting and waving a brush around... but I hadn't played obliv in forever and might just be tripping out on that. Only found it once.

well you don't wave a brush around but you do put Turpentine on your weapon to kill paint trolls.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Last time I tried it crashed every time I tried to exit the first dungeon which stretches on for a biiiiit too long.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I think the success of bethesda as a company can be pretty much chalked up to appealing to everyone's inner hoarder and/or kleptomaniac.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I think the slab is home to nexus exiles in general, not just creepy sex fiends.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

yeah I am like the biggest bethesda fanboy but I hope this blows up catastrophically.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 24, 2015

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Is a modder not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

nah its cool, when the summer sale comes around you can stock up on all the mods for real cheap.

Bholder posted:

For Skyrim? Where?

well there is immersive armors.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Reb posted:

So is it just me or does it seem like a lot of people are mad at the mod makers personally?

I'm mad at the mod makers but I figure I am spiting them enough by just not buying their mod.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

El Generico posted:

you're really just the worst.

:ironicat:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

longtime no see trixie :shepface:

dont' go back to GBS it's really bad

actually GBS is really good.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

MMOs cost a lot of money so when one fails, it can be really devastating.

e-efb

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Yes my hat is very delicious.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Cantorsdust posted:

wrongly committed to an insane asylum

are you sure?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

sticklefifer posted:

Jesus. Skyrim's close to dropping below 90%. :stare:

It was at 98% before this started so lol.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I played enough video games to know that they never stay sealed.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Eonwe posted:

arthmoor is a good person and i wish all the best for him

Listen man I know poo poo-posting is your thing, I sympathize with that. But some things should not be said.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Is there any big list of recommended Oblivion mods? I've got a pretty good setup right now, but I'd like to go through some sort of best of the best list to see if anything catches my eye.

I don't have a big list but I use Maskars oblivion overhaul and oblvionxp and it solves p much all my beefs with the base game. Maskars has some uhhhh questionable model choices but considering the stuff that shows up on oblivions nexus front-page nowadays the mod is practically prudish. Just make sure you change the model that the female Dremora use in the ini because the default one was loving comical comic book high-heel poo poo. You want to go through it's ini regardless because there is just so much options and its p easy user friendly for an ini.
There is also Oblivion character overhaul which just makes all the characters look p drat nice except the khajiit who were not fully able to escape potato land. You need to have block head installed for it though. Those are my basics for gameplay and anything beyond those is just icing for me.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42780/ :MOO
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35333/ :OBXP
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43752/ :block head
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676/ :OCO V.2

EDIT- I forgot to mention the unofficial patches but those are a given. The thing is though unlike skyrim where they are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but you can conceivably run fine with out them, oblivion is so broken that YOU NEED THE PATCHES. Theres a whole lot more game breakers in oblivion.
I also actually just now read your post and saw you are already running with poo poo and I gave you beginner stuff so woops.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 29, 2015

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I just download mods off of nexus with NMM, sort it with LOOT, and then BASH it and everything works fine so I haven't really found a reason to learn how to use MO.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I guess it comes down to whether you want the building to look like a carpenter did them or some random guy built it himself.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

filthy imperial supporter huh? We don't tolerate storm-cloak sympathizers around here bub. :colbert:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Holy poo poo, Moonlight tales added a whole lot of customization since I last used it.

Does anyone know the name of the mod that added better loot to boss chests, but each one had a certain theme that all the loot would follow? there were also khajiit merchants in inns that would sell special enchanted items.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 17, 2015

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Danaru posted:

Slightly off topic, but there's only a Skyrim and a Morrowind thread :( Is there a big ol' list of goon recommended Oblivion mods? I've had the urge to play that potato face filled mess again, but I honestly don't remember any of the mods I used to use besides OOO

We posted some reccomended mods in the TES general thread. Let me see if I can find the particular posts.
EDIT-found some

Man Whore posted:

I don't have a big list but I use Maskars oblivion overhaul and oblvionxp and it solves p much all my beefs with the base game. Maskars has some uhhhh questionable model choices but considering the stuff that shows up on oblivions nexus front-page nowadays the mod is practically prudish. Just make sure you change the model that the female Dremora use in the ini because the default one was loving comical comic book high-heel poo poo. You want to go through it's ini regardless because there is just so much options and its p easy user friendly for an ini.
There is also Oblivion character overhaul which just makes all the characters look p drat nice except the khajiit who were not fully able to escape potato land. You need to have block head installed for it though. Those are my basics for gameplay and anything beyond those is just icing for me.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42780/ :MOO
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35333/ :OBXP
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43752/ :block head
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676/ :OCO V.2

EDIT- I forgot to mention the unofficial patches but those are a given. The thing is though unlike skyrim where they are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but you can conceivably run fine with out them, oblivion is so broken that YOU NEED THE PATCHES. Theres a whole lot more game breakers in oblivion.
I also actually just now read your post and saw you are already running with poo poo and I gave you beginner stuff so woops.

Agents are GO! posted:

We don't take kindly to that sorta talk 'round here.

Edit: shortest possible modlist:
Unofficial Oblivion Patches
Oblivion Character Overhaul
Oblivion Script Extender
Maskar's Overhaul
Midas Magic

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 4, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

does anyone else vomit in their mouth a little when they see someone suggest Apachii skyhair? Like maybe its gotten better but after seeing it in every bethesda game over the decade it has never looked good to me.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

holy poo poo that interior looks nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Section Z posted:

I suppose I could have worded that more graciously, my track record of seeing things with "We want to shuffle requirements because of lore/immersion" has generally been a poor one. Even if I was not expecting anything terrible.

That and figuring on getting used to basic crafting in general, before diving in to adding secondary components and shuffling around ebony for Orichalcum, quicksilver secondaries, etc. (It mentions the 'Craft Daedric only at night' being optional, but not that stuff)

With a side of "Okay it requires a side mod I wasn't quite interested in, and... a Bashed patch is required to merge-I don't even know what the gently caress that means". That's part of what I meant for a bit much for diving right in with it.

Nice to hear it works good for SPERG though, for if I change my mind and decide just the weapons and armor fixes patch means smithing is garbage and I should be upset about Vanilla instead :v:

I recommend learning how to make a bash patch, its pretty easy, and while I wasn't sure about CCO when I installed it yesterday, its slowly growing on me.

• Locked thread