Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

If I had one complaint about this episode besides the length it's that it's a little weird for Frank to not know their names. I know it was mostly for fun, he was drugged for most of the episode, and you aren't supposed to think heavily about it, but he isn't senile like this portrayed.

But the episode showed that, he always manages to pull off looking like he knows what's going on, but he is old and pretty much clueless as to what is happening around him. I feel they have really been taking Frank down the path to being a batshit senile old person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was pretty much the It's Always Sunny all stars episode. Bring in a whole bunch of their awesome returning characters to make a crazy story out of. Also, I really liked the Uncle Jack has fake big hands part. I hope they show how many times they did the hand throw take on the blooper reel, because really, how could they not laugh at that every time?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It would be hard to believe someone HASN'T seen Reservoir Dogs.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Lacking all subtlty with the mac gay jokes now is getting boring.

This is what the show is turning into though. I mean now Dennis is full on sex predator psychopath mode, no more subtlety there either. Maybe they will go all out on it and have a "Mac is gay" episode where the show starts out like "The Gang Gets Racist" but it's Mac running into the bar asking the gang to not be weird, and then having the same black guy walk in.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The Gang adapting to prison life would be hilarious, actually.

Mac and Charlie go to prison and end up in the same cell block as Mac's dad. Hilarity ensues.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Murphy Brownback posted:

I like how half the thread seems to think every new episode is "best episode of all time!" and the other half is "this season is the worst". I will controversially take the middle ground of "this season is pretty good".

This is TV IV in a nutshell. A third of the goons hate a new episode, a third of the goons think it's the best ever, and the other third of goons spend WAY to long trying to decide if when the character gets on a bus to go to work, if it's actually implying the the character is a broke psychopath serial killer clown.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Am I the only one who read the app part as a tongue in cheek commentary about the FX App?

Probably because you're the only one that knows there is an FX App.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Overdrift posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO91mX4K8r8

Jack Kelly will give you the hand up you need to win at all your lawyering!

So many hand puns, jesus christ.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Megaspel posted:

Personally, I don't want to see him turn back into the same character, that'd just be boring and poo poo. We've seen gay-denying Mac, and I think the writers have exhausted the well, but I'd love to see what kinds of new scenarios they could put openly-gay Mac in.

I really hope they keep gay Mac as part of the show. Since they have been big on the fan service, they should open up season 12 the same way as the gang gets racist, but it's Mac and the same gay black guy that shows up again.

Also I really liked how at the talent show Mac is telling the gang there's two gay men on the boat and they ask who is the other guy.

And yea Dee getting pissed off at that bitch for literally nothing was the best.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fat Mac was great, I'm excited to see what they do with Gay Mac for season 12.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dee's delivery during the card trick was just so perfect, even though you could see what she was going to do way before, it was still loving awesome.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

For real though, getting drunk on mouth wash is like really loving bad for you. The alcohol in mouth wash is not the same alcohol in whiskey. Like mouth wash alcohol will legit gently caress up your brain cells.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hey idiots, it doesn't matter if you can or you cannot get drunk on boat fuel. What matters is if Frank and Charlie believe they can get drunk on boat fuel. Now can we please stop this most idiotic discussion :)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

For spending lots of time plowing whores, Frank seems to be unaware of a lot of sexual things. Like he also didn't know what a creampie was.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PittTheElder posted:

It's pretty beautiful in it's symbolism too, in that seeing any sort of real emotional growth would be in essence the death of the gang and the show.

And yeah, "OUR House!?" was brilliant. Only thing I was disappointed by was that during Mac's dinner Dee is sitting peacefully in the background, rather than offering silly reactions to the farce playing out in front of her. Actually pretty surprised Kaitlin didn't wind up doing something there.

She was preparing herself for the moment where she could make blender noises and offering everybody milk shakes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I love how Dennis has started carrying around onions so he can cry now after discovering he didn't ever feel anything.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty amazing that they actually went and shot the hole thing under water instead of doing some lame special effect thing that I honestly thought they did when watching the episode.

Also it sucks we gotta go 40 weeks before we get more always sunny :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TTBF posted:

I can't believe Mac owns a Cowboys jersey.

Well how many Super Bowls have the Eagles won? huh?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Spoeank posted:

Tony Romo is a very good quarterback I don't know how to break this to you.

Tony Romo is a good quarterback until December, then he's only mediocre. Come January he is a god awful quarterback. Hope that helps.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I wonder how short those seasons will end up being. Kaitlin has a new pilot this season and Rob has the Minecraft movie (presumably) coming up soon.

Probably still 10 episodes... written by other people and made awesome by the gang.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

XMNN posted:

Either the new episodes are good or they're bad and if they're bad i just won't ever watch them again problem solved, legacy preserved

They will be good like every other episode of Always Sunny. Sure some of the episodes aren't great, but they are all good!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

FadingChord posted:

We should make a Thread Chart to show how we feel throughout the series. I'll make little gavels with our names on it, and we can move them accordingly.

Alright we will sit here and wait for 6 hours while you make them.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

iajanus posted:

I loved the last season with the exception of the court episode. The suburbs one was awesome.

You're a crazy person. There has not been a single bad Uncle Jack episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bust Rodd posted:

So I know Caitlin Olson did an Episode of bob's burgers, some Family Guys and Brickleberry. I've seen Charlie Day and his Wife on Reno 911.

Have Rob or Glenn been/done anything else noteworthy?

Looks like Glenn also did some Family Guy episodes and did a voice for the Cleveland Show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Some sweet rear end commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqssfzVyrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRB379obXIo

The yoohoo has the best curve ball.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

My immersion into the Always Sunny World is totally ruined by how these people vomit.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

boner confessor posted:

more than a few seasons ago, but it's still good

i think the gang is over this show and wants to move on but they keep getting good ratings and thus contract extensions so why not?

I agree they peaked a few seasons ago. Strongly disagree with them being over it though. Pretty sure the whole cast still loves making this show and it's still very consistent as being entertaining.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

David D. Davidson posted:

Oh hey it looks like Cricket is turning his life around. :unsmith:

Fake Edit: However this is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia :unsmigghh:

Did you watch a different trailer or something? Like he asks if they want to smoke PCP and you think he changed his life around? lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mojo1701a posted:

An even more cat-like Maureen Ponderosa? :drat:

Maybe they will just have an actual cat in an episode at some point.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Really the trick is finding the right shoe polish.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Was checking episode titles (I won't spoil any) and Glenn, Rob, and Charlie wrote the new episode for tonight, should be fun.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It was a good episode and I laughed throughout. I fully embrace having the first episode of the season being one written by the creators of the show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BSam posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo

It's a really bad opinion.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheBigAristotle posted:

Why is everyone being such a douche to people who didn't like the episode (or some other episode) that much? We're all Sunny fans here, or at least the vast majority of us.

I mean if you cited specific examples or something, sure. But this whole drop in to say "what a poo poo opinion" is lazy bullshit.

Everybody that just pops in and just says something along the lines of, "this sucks" is lazy and gets pretty old in many TV IV threads.

Also, how dare you express an opinion that is different than mine on the Internet, I must defend my opinions as facts.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What are the rules?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I do like how Old Black Man is still a part of the show and like the waitress he doesn't have an actual name the gang cares about.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought it was a great episode. I'm more bothered about all the people saying they hate musicals. And then I wonder, what musicals have these haters actually seen?

Probably Disney movies where the songs are just catchy numbers and are actually filler to the movie.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sure it's great when the gang yells at each other, but we are in the 12th season. I for one love their experimental episodes and change up the format a bit.

Also it's really dumb to be like, "I didn't like the episode cause I skipped over half of it and didn't know what was going on with the social commentary."

What are the rules, when you just turned black and can't switch back, you gotta know the rules.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nocturtle posted:

Definitely. The show strikes a fine balance in showing the gang's mutual loathing without making it tiresome, it would quickly stop being funny if they just screamed at each other all the time. Also "Charlie Work" and "The Gang Hits the Slopes" were great episodes where trying something different worked out very well, this one just fell flat with me.

Its cause you skipped over half of it cause you're afraid of music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's Dee, Dee is going to die. Sorry for spoilering it for everyone.