Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

InitialDave posted:

Why do you think patrol cars are always models with large cargo areas?

Donut capacity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I think the dog is cute. The image of a fluff dog smashed into a crotch by a gas generator less so

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

ugh jesus christ you drive with your dog on your lap? you make me sick. loving hell. Don't you know if something happened you could hurt or kill yourself or someone else. You risk-taking idiot shitwad I am so angry gotta go let off some steam *gets in miata and drives very fast on twisty roads*

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

:psypop: for watching that five minutes after seeing this article:

uh buh dur mah humma off road fou whee drahv

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Location: Highway 101 south, somewhere between Rohnert Park and Petaluma
Time: 11:10 PM
Conditions: heavy rain, impaired visibility
Speed: safe

Log:
11:10:05: police lights ahead. can't tell which side of the road they're on.
11:10:15: they're on this side. better watch out.
11:10:20: blind downhill left curve
11:10:22: they're on the right
11:10:23: the police car and pulled-over car are :siren: !!!IN MY LANE IN FRONT OF ME!!! :siren:
11:10:23: emergency double lane change

what the gently caress kind of moron just loving stops in the loving road when he sees blinking lights in his rear-view mirror

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

nm posted:

In CA, on a narrow road, the behavior would be legal, though th3y'd be legally required to turn out if 5 cars got stuck behind them.

hhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

kastein posted:

I've changed my mind, I'd like you sentenced to using CP/M86 for the rest of your days

CP/M is a standard. He should be made to use AMOS.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Eskaton posted:

You can't actually control the bowel movements of a horse. Also, where do you live that people are riding horses on trafficked roads?

The San Francisco Bay Area?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

dee eight posted:

Monday morning quarterbacking but it looks like (C) was a viable option. Go for the shoulder/grass and take the ditch rather than eating truck tires and axle for your last meal.

not really when you've got a thing approaching in your blind spot which then PITs you into the truck

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Long Francesco posted:

whats so bad about driving barefoot?

you might get your foot caught under the pedal and maim it!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

It's idiotic. If the cop doesn't want you, then he doesn't want you and now you're riding dangerously trying to run for no reason. If he wants you, he has your license plate on his camera and a radio to call the precinct, and you've just added evading pursuit to whatever else.

If you're riding without a license plate so you can be a moron on public roads, :thumbsup: being a super badass I guess?

KozmoNaut posted:

You can outrun a car, but you can't outrun a Motorola.

the Network Traffic thread is thataway

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

xzzy posted:

He also kept doing that wobble left and right thing that riders sometimes do when showing off.

That's called snaking and it's how you get turbo boosts, thank you very much

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

when my dad fell off the roof and broke several ribs and his collarbone and punctured his lung, and crawled around the house into the kitchen to call me and ask for a ride to the hospital, I broke many laws on the way to his house, but I sure as hell didn't follow the ambulance

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Ozz81 posted:

Emergency crews should get the info from the ATV assholes via the police for later, then take their sweet time when someone from the group gets in a gnarly accident. "Sorry, we would've made it sooner but another group of assholes on ATVs blocked us instead of moving :shrug:"

I think they should treat them promptly and with care and yell at them the whole time

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

nitrogen posted:

I like these, they are pretty loud, and decently cheap: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DINKPQ

I put one of these on both motorcycles, and its much louder than the lovely stock horn, plus it doesn't kill the stock fuse.

I've got about a dozen high/low sets of these (someone recycled them where I work) and was considering mounting them to my car with a starter solenoid to trigger them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Geoj posted:

If sitting in the sun in a jacket and helmet for more than a few minutes is life threatening you probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle...

C'mon. You try sitting out there, in public, in full leathers, with all that power throbbing between your legs, and tell me it doesn't make you hot under the collar.