Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
gently caress Trestman.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The balls to go for a 66 yard field goal is respectable, though.

It was pretty cool Trestman let Gould go for it. During the post-game interview, Trestman said Gould nailed a 68 yarder in warm-ups.

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

lol at bears fans on bears radio calling for trestman to be fired gently caress you guys you don't deserve poo poo after firing lovie after a winning season

Kicking on a 2nd down after the offense has been productive is kind of dumb. A 47 yarder isn't automatic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

lovie still deserved better

He got stuck with a lovely front office, Rex Grossman, and a terrible offensive line that no one wanted to fix. Trestman with the Lovie-era defense plus this offense and everyone healthy is a very competitive team. Hell, I'm actually pretty happy being 6-6 after everything that's happened this season.

edit: Lovie also defensed Grossman well after that guy should've been let go. That's my biggest issue with him.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I came.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
browns take a loving hike :clint:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Kyle Orton owns. How can you not be a fan of a guy who drinks heavily and fucks loose women for sport? Football just enables him to do all of those things that he loves.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

DoktorLoken posted:

As one of like 5 Packers fans in a bar in the middle of Chicago, watching the GB/CHI game was extremely satisfying. I almost had a stroke from shouting at the game winning TD pass and luckily wasn't beaten to death by a mob of Bears fans.

I'm pretty sure anyone rooting for the Bears is delusional if they thought a play off run was happening this season. They did better than I expected.

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 30, 2013

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jim Schwartz got poo poo canned as well.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Isn't he a new hire on some bullshit SEC only network? He'll vanish into obscurity here soon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I wish Tim Tebow would die already so he could go hang out with his best friend Jesus forever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What's Brady Quinn up to?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Every shot from a colored man in basketball should only be 3/5ths of a point

I really enjoyed this post a lot.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

2 in 144 years of playing baseball isn't too much to be proud of.

No one here in Chicago is proud of the Cubs.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd kill to be a 'private equity guy' and be loaded. That would own.

Politicalrancor posted:

I'm considerably amazed that this is the first time people are finding out that rich people are scum

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 27, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cole.gif

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I know what it sounds like when a city deflates after a huge loss.

Ugh gently caress the Kings.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

You live in Chicago, right?

Aren't you a Cubs fan?

Right in Wrigleyville and gently caress no. The Cubs are horrible. I'm a hockey guy first and foremost.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I used to love the Whalers, once they left I lost any fucks I had for hockey. :(

Hockey's pretty great. Games are over quick, no out of bounds, lots of tradition, fights still happen. It's not like the NFL where it takes 4 hours to watch 60 minutes of stop start play. Also the Bears are a generally mediocre franchise who's large fan base astonishes me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'll be loving pissed if all of this bullshit starts getting heavily directed towards the Blackhawks.

The 30 for 30 on the Detroit Pistons was awesome.

I don't know why- I can't stand watching NBA games, but I love NBA documentaries.

Yea same. It was fantastic. It's one of my favorites.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm trans-dolphin and find Miami's lack of taste in team names offensive.

Female, male, or gender fluid dolphin? This is important.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I highly loving doubt this person has friends.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
"everyone should tolerate and celebrate the trans hard ons zyr gets for blasting mad loads into my gender fluid wolf pillow." - tumblr

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Changing the Redskins name and logo is turning our back on America's rich and storied history of making GBS threads on native americans.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fucitol posted:

:agreed:

tell them to stop running out of Christmas Ale

That's my least favorite one. Revolution is pretty much my favorite local brewery.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Fourth Reich shall rise...

Soon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

shyduck posted:

Someone tried to barehand one of Stanton's homers

The ball won

Holy poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Not professional football, obviously. Is this legal?

Is this college or high school?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wait it's a parody post from a goon meltdown.

maxallen posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about stock car racing, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Tony Stewart, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the NASCAR's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Tony Stewart. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Tony Stewart is a murderer. He killed another race car driver. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Tony Stewart. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about racing and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Tony Stewart as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional racing without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw racing as a means to an end. He was in it for racing. He was dedicated to being the best race car driver he could be, and it showed on the track.

I wanted to be a racer since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a race car driver had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a race car driver was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Tony Stewart in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a NASCAR champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation race car driver. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional race car drivers in history. By 40 years-old.

Tony Stewart was only forty three, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Joey Logano, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice on the track, and that that same man could run over another guy only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Danica, and not for their child.

Tony Stewart owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Saturdays and Sundays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Tony Stewart is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Tony Stewart was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I will be applying for the newly open PR position at Patriots this week.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That's a funny way of saying "our intern is a loving moron."

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

internet jerk posted:

If they're letting interns post tweets from their official Twitter it's not only the intern that's a loving moron.

While I joke, I wouldn't be surprised. The nature of PR work tends to be like that where the interns are given social media poo poo as one of their duties. Either way, somebody should've caught that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gronk is just great.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Victor Vermis posted:

If I had my own religion, the highest reward one could earn in the afterlife: being reborn as Gronk.

He's a big dog, but a man who plays football and has countless STD's.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Victor Vermis posted:

If I had my own religion, the highest reward one could earn in the afterlife: being reborn as Not Jay Cutler.

Actually that's not true. Being Cutler would own.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

if you keep talking about jay cutler then gd american will come back

you have been warned

He had a great melt down (gd)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

The Buccs aren't mathematically eliminated yet.

how

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Brady screamed gently caress a lot and lost the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

My fantasy team has no Patriots, no Cowboys, except for the one year I took Romo and sat him on the bench to piss off the 3 Cowboys fan in my league.

That's great.

• Locked thread