Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'll put myself out there in this thread. I war a hardcore conspiracy theorist for 7 years. I have read probably around 60 books on the subject, watched nearly every relevant documentary, know something of the history of conspiracy theorists in this country, and understand the various camps within the truther movement. I'll answer any questions, but some of them might be near book form to really break down what goes on in that movement. I know the major players, many of the minor players, and even some of the internal controversies. (Hell, i was actually in Cleveland to see David Icke the day he and Jesse Ventura started their infamous feud.) So fire away guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Silver2195 posted:

What led you to change your mind about conspiracy theories?

Literally medication. No exaggeration. Three months on psych meds and just not paying attention to the stuff and all the conspiracy theory stuff was out of my system. I went from "Alex Jones is an amazing freedom fighter" to "Christ gently caress what was I thinking, this guy is a lunatic".

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Speaking of Alex Jones being a lunatic:

His poo poo goes way beyond your run-of-the-mill conspiracy theory and gets into schizophrenic paranoia, disordered thinking and word-salad nonsense.

Actually that is all ordered and makes sense. I could decode the entire thing and explain the entire Alex Jones viewpoint of "The Conspiracy". In the truther movement there are two big, but informal, camps. You could call them the "Alex Jones Crowd" and the "David Icke Crowd". The Icke crowd, despite being the guy behind 4th dimensional blood drinking higher vibrational aliens who appear reptilian to us and need the the illuminatti bloodline in order to possess their hosts, is actually the far more tolerable crowd if you ever meet them in person. The Alex Jones types are just belligerent and loving impossible to deal with, even amongst their own crowd.

Silver2195 posted:

Many of them are probably mentally ill too. Of course, the fraction of believers who are mentally ill probably increases with the implausibility of the conspiracy theory.
Certainly mental illness is over represented in the conspiracy world, but I think there is more to it than that.

There is an experience the Schizophrenic mind has often, and that is "waking up". Suddenly, all the connections become clear, you can see the world for what it really is. It is as plain as day. It all makes sense. Naturally to the Schizophrenic mind this sort of thing can happen over pretty illogical/mundane stuff, but experiencing it is sort of a high, and it can be kind of habit forming. Conspiracy theorists often also talk of this "waking up" experience, where all of the sudden it clicked for them and they could see it all.( For most I have personally encountered this was during watching a documentary like Loose Change or its ill-begotten ilk.)

Once you have this waking up experience, you relearn everything about the world. You have a life changing perspective that causes you to re-evaluate literally everything. (I imagine it is very similar too, if not identical too, the dramatic conversion experience some people go through with religion.) You spend time rethinking everything, the world is suddenly a different place. There is an order to things, a higher pattern you can now perceive. You can place previous mysterious world events into neatly labeled mental folders that explain it all. On top of this, the fact that no one else in your day-to-day life can see this pattern gives you a sort of superiority feeling. You can see it, your smarter, you rose above your cultural brainwashing and now you can truly perceive the truth. When major world events happen and you create a mental narrative for them, one that gets matched up by Alex Jone's take on the event, and supported by other "awake" people, it becomes a very deep mental hole that is very difficult to dig your way out of. In short, when your "real truth" is verified by other people you perceive to be "awake" just like you, its enthralling. Perhaps not thrilling, not always pleasant (fear and anxiety play a tremendous role in all this) but it does occupy almost all your attention and spare time.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

McDowell posted:

I flipped through one of Icke's books and it was crazy - lots of stuff about vibrations, holograms, and planes. He also had lots of illustrations by Dees. I'm not surprised they are more tolerable - it seems like Icke is building a narrative for chill types who buy into healing crystals and stuff. Alex Jones sucks up to Icke now and then and it seems like he mainly puts the same narrative into an obnoxious Limbaugh frame.

Thanks for posting, Prester John. It is a shame that if you tried to reason with one of these people they would dismiss you the second you mention being medicated.

Yeah, Icke's main message is that all of 3 dimensional reality is a gigantic holographic simulation we built for ourselves, so just chill out. Our hologram has gotten hijacked a bit by external influences not native to this particular space-time continuum(the reptilian aliens), but that is no reason to panic, we are going to get through this. Remember, its all just a simulation, and the important thing is the connections you make and how you decide to help the people in your daily life.

Jones types are "ARRHGHBLARGLBLARGE IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOUR A SECRET GOV'T PLANT SENT HERE TO DERAIL OUR NOBLE FIGHT AGAINST THE ILLUMINATTI". Goddamn, they are insufferably arrogant at the best of times too.

Yeah, they would also dismiss me at the faintest whiff of the word "medication". Some would even think I was being mind controlled.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

The Entire Universe posted:

For a lot of people it stems from a burning desire to justify perceived exceptionalism. That's why they frequently are libertarians, ("I shall rule this land from my fortress") Randians ("I'm just better than everyone else"), and frequent MLM schemes and internet frippery so they can claim to "own a business." If they have some kind of inside knowledge nobody else has then they are special and it starts pinging whatever short circuit in their brain that spits out dopamine when they get a reason to feel special.

It can explain the tie-ins with MRA's and PUA-ism and general wardrobe shitheelery like fedoras.

Probably the best example of this cross section of shitbaggery is a conspiracy theorist by the name of Michael Tsarion. He is a midrange guy in the movement, not huge by any means, but big enough to get on Coast-2Coast and Alex Jones from time to time. Michael Tsarion is an Irish occultist who is a big big fan of Ayn Rand. He spouts off an especially smug brand of over-intellectualized gibberish that is almost unintelligible unless you have really familiarized yourself with Occultism. He makes documentaries that he charges massive amounts ($75 a pop last I checked) where he goes into detail about the secrets he has uncovered, like the true Irish origin of civilization, or why Ayn Rand was an unappreciated visionary because we American's like to squash the people trying hardest to help us. He also runs a membership of his website(which is pricey) where he gets into the real hardcore information that he can't put out into the general public with his interviews or documentaries. (But you should totally buy those too, because they contain a ton of important information.) He also markets a bunch of his own brand of occult paraphernalia, like his own Tarot Deck. (Which he sells a 4 part video series on how to use, for a few hundred bucks.) The message is always "You too can learn to be spiritually evolved and free if you just learn all this information I am providing at this very reasonable price".

Michael Tsarion also has some of the best word salad/buzzword talks out there. I mean just listen to this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iec6tMPnh88 In the first 90 seconds of this discussion we get "Jewish bankers that have been installed as puppets by the British Crown to undermine the economy of America" followed by a discussion of whether or not Obama is a clone of Akhenaton. The whole thing is worth listening too, but after about 2 minutes it just breaks down into a long string of "look at how obvious this is but yet dumdum sheeple still go along with it." Naturally, Michael Tsarion makes a great living doing this and is esteemed as a serious scholar in the community.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't want to wade waist-deep in all of Icke's crazy, but I have seen him in some YouTube video repeating vague platitudes with which most liberals would agree; e.g. that income inequality and rampant pollution are stupid. Is that how he presents himself before drawing people into his Sleestak TimeCube crazy?

Icke is a bit different than the regular conspiracy crowd. He starts off perfectly rational and will go into detail about real events and problems in the world. He has been a pretty outspoken critic of Corporatism, both political parties in the US, Isreal, and especially the banking cartel. Actually, having attended one of his 10 hour lectures, I would say probably about 65% of the time was spent discussing pretty non crazy stuff. About 20% of his time was spent on the whole "we are all one" New Agey kind of stuff. And the rest was spent on some pretty out there ideas. He might have spent about 3-4 minutes on the reptilian alien thing. The main thing with Icke that is unlike a ton of other conspiracy theorists, his stuff is at least internally consistent. And he's not angry and shouting about it. His presentation is also very positive, especially compared to an Alex Jones. He doesn't try to terrify his audience, he tells them that no matter its all going to be okay. He emphasizes personal spiritual growth as the way to improve society. All in all he is pretty harmless and I think that is part of his charm. He talks a ton of sense and kind of just eases the nuttier stuff in there.

If you really want to get a sense of Icke without delving in deep I would recommend the Vice Documentary on him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w2dMekIJLw

Halloween Jack posted:

This is interesting to me because I've long been fascinated by Internet subcultures that appear to be essentially based around mental illness. Self-harm is a symptom of mental illness, but "ana and mia" websites are something else. Paranoia and schizophrenia are mental illnesses, but "gangstalking," my favourite conspiracy theory, is a loosely connected network of people building shaky rationales for their persecution complex. These communities seem to serve the purpose of helping their members feel less alone, but keep them wallowing in their illness, dependent on the community and the worldview it supports for what little positive reinforcement they can get in their miserable lives. Your thoughts?

In my experience this would be essentially correct. Many of your rank and file conspiracy theorists consume a steady diet of conspiracy material. It doesn't have to be too new or groundbreaking just so long as it agrees with their beliefs.(Hell, every one of Icke's books is 85% rehash of stuff he's already written then whatever new stuff thrown on top of it.) It keeps your worldview intact, reassures you of your special status, and provides more "facts" you can use to challenge the plebs that surround you. Other theorists are constantly looking for that next deep revelation and so press ever onward into nuttier and nuttier territory. And it can get pretty nutty. Jones and Icke are tame compared to people like Freeman or Alex Collier.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I distinctly remember hearing erroneous reports about there being 12 more hijacked airliners in the sky, along with the State Department being car-bombed and the National Mall being on fire.

Of course all of these turned out not to be true, but to a conspiracy theorist any retracted initial report is a sign of a cover-up in progress.

The standard Truther line is that there were 3 separate simultaneous military drills going on that day simulating hijacked aircraft and some of them striking buildings. Truther's assert that as a result of the drills NORAD couldn't distinguish what was real world and what was exercise which was a big component of the attacks successfully happening. This naturally also explains why there were so many erroneous reports that day, real world and exercise were getting confused in the reporting to the press. Truthers also assert that governments frequently use drills as a coverup for real planned false flags. This provides both confusion during the actual attack or credible cover if the attack is aborted. The biggest smoking gun example of this that Truther's will point to is some private security guy from the 7/7 bombings in London. On the day of the attacks he was interviewed and claimed that he was involved in a city wide disaster simulation that simulated the exact same trains and bus being targetd at the exact same locations at the exact same time it was happening. According to him this caused some real confusion because at first they couldn't believe that it was actually happening.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yarbald posted:

I have a lot of friends who buy into 9/11 truther stuff, water fluoridation, etc... lately one of my friends has become obsessed with this stupid sun gazing crap, as it "undoes the calcification of the pineal gland caused by fluorine," as well as constantly bugging everyone he knows about 9/11. His only source is a sun gazing web site, which has absolutely zero sources and paypal links everywhere begging for donations. No matter what I say, he has already gazed at the sun for 30 second a few times. I don't know what to do anymore; It's not like I work in the healthcare field or anything, what do I know. These people are like religious zealots, anything that doesn't fit their narrative is "what the MAN wants you to believe!"

Sun gazing is pretty popular over at the Godlikeprodutions forums. Godlike is basically the 4chan/fyad of the conspiracy world. Perhaps pointing him towards them and exposing him to the full blown craziness that masquerades as respectable members might shock him a bit? I know in the past that forum was so nutty it drove me away from certain things.

Or it might make him worse, I don't know. Your not going to win with him rationally. The only way you can win an argument with a person like that is to win a logical debate using his own internal logic. That is really, really hard to do, but still kind of possible. I've sene it happen before at least.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
There are some legitimate concerns with 9-11 and occasionally the Truthers do make a cogent point despite their best efforts. There is a only half tinfoily argument to be made that some part of the Bush administration had pre-knowledge of the attacks. This particular narrative usually views Cheney as the real power running things that day and Bush as sort of a clueless puppet that was kept out of the way.

There are also decent reasons to not take the 9-11 Commission Report at face value, or to at least view it as extremely milquetoast. Probably the best non-truthery book that shakes up the dominant narrative is Wake Up Call: The Political Education of a 9-11 Widow. I read the book years ago, but I remember it being straightforwards and to not really stray into Truther territory. Basically the book is about the 4 9-11 widows who were the primary cause for their to even be a 9-11 Commission, and the somewhat crooked way the Commission wound up being run.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Chromatic Toucanet posted:

Nobody in the thread has yet mentioned Dr Judy Woods, and her book "Where Did The Towers Go?" in which she claims that it wasn't hijacked airliners or a controlled demolition, but the World Trade Center was in fact destroyed by (wait for it) a secret US Government laser weapon. It is definitely the most out-there theory I have ever come across.

Prestor John, if you are still kicking about, have you had much experience with this particular flavor of Truther? My own experience is pretty limited; I watched a weekly low budget conspiracy show in the UK hosted by a guy called Richard D. Hall who wholly endorsed it and featured Dr Woods and her theories in a number of episodes, as well as plugging her book every chance he got. You can watch all the episodes online but brace yourself for crazy coming at you from every direction (UFOs, CIA mind control, free energy, fluoridation, chemtrails, paleocontact, King Arthur, pyramid mysteries, everything).

Yeah, I'm familiar with these people. You might want to be sitting down for this one. The satellite weapon people are a small but formerly extremely vocal subset of the "no planers" variety of Truther. (No planers generally contend that either the planes striking the towers were really missiles mocked up to look like planes, or holograms.) The "death ray" people have really fallen out of favor and are a mostly ignored fringe subsection of Truthers. There only real accomplishments were making GBS threads up the Loose Change forums (and a few other related sites) with non-stop accusations of everyone being a government plant and an organized harassment Of Steven A. Jones, the 9-11 physicist/thermite guy. Things at one point had gotten so bad and the movement was split in so many fueding factions that Alex Jones (whom typically never wades into the ridiculous factional bullshit of conspiracy theories) actually had to come out and publicly tell them to chill the gently caress out. Since then they've died down and only ever appear on the ultra ultra ultra fringe sites, as even GodLikeProductions (or "gulpers" as they are derogatorily called) don't accept the death ray idea.

If anyone wants to see more entertaining inter-faction truther bullshit then I heartily recommend David Icke's article Jesse Ventura-Pet Detective An amusing quote:

David Icke posted:

He barely acknowledged me and sat down to embark on a series of questions so unresearched and juvenile that I immediately concluded that I was not dealing with the brain of Minnesota, nor even the house in which he lives, unless he lives alone.

I had concluded the same thing months before while watching an interview he did on CNN in which Piers Morgan, hardly the intellect of the century, had Ventura for breakfast because of his cringe-making lack of grasp of his subject matter.
Amusingly, it was Alex Jones who smoothed this one over as well.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

withak posted:

1. It didn't collapse that neatly.
2. Reported by whom?

I feel terrible for even posting this, and I only do so with the caveat that DOWN THIS PATH LIES ONLY MADNESS.

Probably one of the biggest field days Truthers ever had was when, about three years after the fact, some Truther pouring through every bit of archival footage of 9-11 found the video he is referencing. BBC reported that the "Soloman Brothers Building" (The proper name of building 7) had just collapsed. They did this with a smoldering building 7 in the background of the reporter making this report. The building actually collapsed about 20 minutes later. The BBC made things even worse when it claimed that it had lost all copies of its footage from 9-11 and couldn't verify the authenticity of the video in question. The Truthers have been howling about this ever since. You can see the video below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGOt9f3gKk

Now its pretty well known that Building 7 had been expected to collapse from its damage for some time during the day. The rational explanation is that BBC got mixed up and turned a report from ground of "will probably collapse soon" to "has just collapsed".

PS:DOWN THIS PATH LIES ONLY MADNESS.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin posted:

From what I can remember I think he acknowledges that the moon causes tides, but that it's capable of doing so even if it's hollow. Basically, either the moon has an ultra dense surface such that it weighs what we think it does even while hollow, or it weighs less than what we think it does but our understanding of gravity (and therefore our estimation of its mass) has been deliberately suppressed by the conspiracy so that we don't find out the truth about the moon's structure.

Honestly, the mass of the moon is the least of the problems with Icke's conception of the solar system. He thinks that the Earth existed in an Edenic state before the Archons came and instigated a cosmic catastrophe that resulted in the destruction of the fifth planet (the debris from which is now the asteroid belt), the creation of the artificial moon, and the burning-out of Saturn, which was once a star and is now the headquarters of the Archons' attempt to mind-control humanity through the Saturn-Moon Matrix. Icke's cosmology is so utterly batshit that buying into it basically requires the belief that our entire understanding of physics is fundamentally flawed anyway, so it seems pretty trivial to think that we have the wrong idea about the moon as well.

Wow, he never got into any of this stuff when I went to see him. I mean he went into the whole "Moon is hollow" thing a bit and touched on Saturn, but that was about it. I think it was probably because I saw him in Cleveland and it was the very first time he'd ever given a speech in the Midwest, so he kept it low key.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sergg posted:

They're not baseless at all. It's well-established by social psychology researchers that you can actually induce conspiracy thought by taking away peoples' feeling of control over their lives. Essentially the experiment goes like this: you have two groups. The first group receives a test where they have control over the right/wrong answers. The second group receives a written test where the right/wrong answers are randomized, effectively removing their sense of control. They are then either given a questionnaire with questions in it pertaining to conspiracy beliefs or something even simpler like where they are asked to see patterns in various posters (kind of like a Rorschach test but half the patterns are super obvious like a bird and the other half are non-existent).

The group with control taken away from them had higher rates of conspiracy thought in the second questionnaire, and in the other experiment, the group with control taken away saw tons and tons of patterns in random geometric shapes with no actual patterns, far more than the control group did.

As for delusional/paranoid/schizoid disorders, illogical conspiratorial thinking is one of the primary symptoms of these disorders.

This is fascinating, thank you for posting this. Do you have any links where I could read up more on this? I ask because when I had visual hallucinations they were most commonly geometric patterns projected on textured surfaces.

I can also see a large tie in with the sense of having no control over your life. I was raised in an ultra fundamentalist Southern Baptist proto-cult where I had almost on contact with anyone outside the church. (They even had their own school that I attended from k-8.) Everything about my life was very very much controlled. Questioning the leaders/dogma was squarely forbidden because it was "speaking against the lord anointed" which God might decide to punish by killing you or your loved ones ala the bears and the kids story. Even thinking about anything not directly taught by the church was risky. So I had essentially no autonomy and no way to make any decisions with my life whatsoever.

When my Freshman year started I entered public school for the first time and it was my first real contact with "worldly" people. I had been primed with tons and tons of disinformation about the horrors of non-christians as well as having swallowed the whole creationism myth hook line and sinker. As I started to move away from this thinking I was frequently disciplined for participating in extra-curricular activites. The more successful I was at something like ROTC or Videography, the more severe the punishment. Breaking away from all this was very very hard.

In the end though I was really primed that educated authority figures are full of poo poo, and no matter how hard I try or what I do it will all be ripped away from me anyways. The information above really sheds some light on my own situation.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is anyone able to construct a succinct and coherent narrative for what Alex Jones believes? I was an idiot about 10 years ago just following 9/11 and went down that rabbit hole a bit. I watched his show online and his movies, while reading this thread I tried to remember exactly what it was he was claiming and how it was all connected. The closest I could come was that ancient secret societies (The Bilderberg Group) completely dominate the world using Hegelian political philosophy in order to stay rich and powerful and to kill us all.

I could do this. I'll knock it tomorrow as it will be a long effort post.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kieselguhr Kid posted:

I'm actually curious whether Prester has any insight on anti-semitism in the conspiracy world. As far as I understand, there are more old-school, explicitly Jew-hating conspiracy theorists who attack people like Icke and Jones because 'Icke says reptiles, but it's really the Jews! Jones says New World Order, but it's really the Jews! The Jews are using them to distract us from the real culprits!'

Yeah, the old school Conspiracy/Bircher types are pretty anti-semitic and really, really hate David Icke/Alex jones. The allegation is that Icke is talking up the lizards so he doesn't get murdered for exposing what he does about about the "Rothschild Zionists". With Jones the rumor is that the guy who owns Alex Jones' radio station is himself a Zionist, and Jones is controlled opposition. I will say that Jones says plenty of stupid poo poo about the Rothschilds, but never ever ever mentions Israel in a negative light. (This may be because Jones is probably some flavor of Southern Baptist but he keeps that under his hat.)

Alot of other Conspiracy Theorist types hate the Anti-Semitic label and think it is used as a distraction to silence them. For them, they are ultra critical of the large banking families, it just so happens that many of them are Jewish. (Well, Ashkenazim, which in the Conspiracy world isn't viewed as the true descendants of Abraham, but that's a whole other can of worms.) I think some of them honestly are not Anti-Semitic, they have just bought into the world global bankers thing. At the very least they do get riled up by the actions of Goldman Sach's and watch them like a hawk.

Here is an interesting Documentary about this very issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ypYcZ7qfw

And here is a hilarious video of Alex Jones interviewing David de Rothschild and completely losing his poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKFnWpPpdM

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Since this thread seems to be drifting off I figured I would put myself out there for the curious. For those who don't know I am a diagnosed Schizophrenic that spent 6 years deeeep into conspiracy theory lala land. I listened to Alex Jones 3 hours a day, read nearly every David Icke book, drank colloidal silver to treat serious medical conditions and choked down shitloads of tangy tangerine. I was at the Dacid Icke lecture in Cleveland Ohio when he and Jesse Ventura had their famous falling out. I had around 120 books and 30 DVD's or so on various Conspiracy topics that was the envy of my wingnut friends. By the end of it you would have had to look hard to find anyone who bought it more fully than I did, there were even some now quite infamous incidents where I literally stood on a picnic table at the break area of work and started ranting about FEMA camps to wake up my co-workers.

Yeah, I was THAT guy.

Obviously I'm all better now, and I have left all that behind me. I'd be more than willing to answer any questions posters might have about being a hardcore conspiracy theorist/crazy person.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

AddMEonFacebook posted:

What's it like in the CIA?

True story: The first time I started seeking treatment for my illness (I was homeless at the time) I went to get an evaluation from an agency that helps people with mental illness. The butterflies decorating the front of the building (known as the "Transformational Center") almost made me bolt on the spot though. You see, the butterflies were markings of a Monarch facility, and I realized how perfect of a place a mental illness screening facility would be for finding good candidates for the Monarch program. I was terrified that if I were recognized as a latent psychic I might be quietly shipped off to some dark site never to be heard from again, terrified enough to refuse treatment just on the mere chance that I might be walking into a trap. Fortunately at the time I wanted help so badly I was willing to bear the risk. I justified it to myself at the time by reasoning that "they" already had me on camera and any suspicious behavior might alert them anyways, so it was best to just play along and avoid mentioning anything about my difficulties controlling my psychic abilities.

I share this story to illustrate just how deeply I was in. I know (unless you are a really excellent troll in which case bravo) there is nothing I could ever say to convince you that I am not some sort of masterfully clever CIA troll sent here to spend thousands of manhours to steer the conversation of a paltry few dozen people. I've been where you seem to be at, and that is why I'll take your jab in stride. All I can say is that I've been writing and posting about my mental illness/homelessness on this forum for over a year now and have seldom mentioned much about my history as a Conspiracy Theorist, so I must be a Toblerone Triangular level deep cover troll at this point.

Fake Edit: Working on answering everyone's questions so far.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

zakharov posted:

Did you turn blue?

Nope. By the by though, if you are ever trying to have a conversation with a wingnut about colloidal silver I would recommend against bringing up the "turns you blue" thing because they will just dismiss you as a blind sheeple right out of hand. While yes, it can potentially turn you blue, there are only like 5 recorded cases and they all involved people consuming massive amounts of colloidal silver made in the old style home-made kits. It is a very rare circumstance that any colloidal silver nut has had brought up to him literally every time colloidal silver is discussed. It is a bit like trying to discuss firearms with a gun nut and calling a "magazine" a "clip". Its a spergy detail most everyone who has ever disagreed with them has been wrong about and they will use it to dismiss anything you have to say on the subject.

Obdicut posted:

I realize this might be complicated by the schitzoprhenia, but did engaging with that material make you feel 'good', or did it provoke more anxiety?

This is a tremendously complicated question, but I will do my best to answer.

The short answer is, it did both, at the same time, for different but sometimes overlapping reasons. For example, a feeling of dread about the future, as well as high anxiety in general, are both features of my illness. Conspiracy material would make me feel that these feelings were justified. And not only justified, but what made me somebody. Having this "knowing" about the horror that lay in the future was proof of my intellectual and spiritual maturity. The Illuminati were bent on evil and if you were "awake" enough that fact was obvious. This quelled many of my own internal doubts and felt like a breath of fresh air in some ways. Instead of wondering what was wrong with me, I was proud of what was right with me. I was a cut above 99% of the human population simply by being in tune enough with the "Truth" to be a freaked out mess. My mess of a life and various problems were proof that "I" was the sane person and *EVERYONE ELSE* were the crazy people. The downside to the vindication though is that being told your paranoia is justified feeds into it, making you need that feeling of vindication more. So you engage with more conspiracy material and thus begins a nasty vicious cycle.

There were other ways in which the material both made me feel good and increased my anxiety. It was for example an easy escape from life. If some situation in my life was freaking me out I could just go read some new conspiracy report or something. My own embarrassment at being unable to cope well in the world would be swept away by reading about what a truly lovely place the world really was. Or I could fantasize about how none of my problems would matter once society collapsed. "Yes sir someday all my write-ups at work won't mean poo poo and assholes like my boss will be begging for help from people like me who know to survive if anything but this modern dystopia." SO I would get off thinking about how awesome it will be to not have to deal with the bullshit of the moment when society collapses, but at the same time I was really loving freaked out about society actually collapsing.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sir Tonk posted:

Wait, are you talking about the villain from Venture Brothers?

I should have explained a bit more in detail here. "Monarch" is the supposed codename for a subdivision of the MK-ULTRA mind control program. I think Conspiracy Wiki sums it up best here.

Conspiracy Wiki posted:

Monarch Mind Control is a form of mind control which creates a mind control slave by utilizing the human brain's trauma response of dissociation to create a form of Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) wherein various triggers can cause the slave personality to surface and respond to commands given by the master ("Handler" in Monarch parlance).

The Monarch Mind Control designation was originally applied by the US Department of Defense to a sub-program under the CIA's MK-Ultra Program. However, the techniques employed in the Monarch programming system extend back further under various names, such as the Nazi marionette programming.

Even further back, the techniques used in Monarch programming can be traced to various generational Satanist families among European royalty. The MPD state created by the Monarch programming techniques were used to isolate the personality involved in Satanic rituals from a public face. Without this alternate personality, the nobles practicing Satanism inevitably went insane, so it's practice spread rapidly through the occult community.

It is unclear who first started practicing the MPD techniques as a way of creating mind control slaves rather than as a defense mechanism, but it is clear that the Nazis were using Electro-shock and binding to create slaves in the 1940s. After World War II, some German and Italian psychologists who were working on Marionette programming were brought to the United States to continue working on their research.

After the original development of the Monarch program inside of MK-Ultra, it has been adopted by other groups such as the Illuminati and the American entertainment industry. Very notably, since the 1970's the Disney corporation has been involved heavily in Monarch programming, and several of their films (especially Alice in Wonderland) are used as a base for Monarch programming.

Over 1 million Americans have had Monarch programming applied to them.[1]

Monarch programming is achieved through repeated abuse and torture, until the victim dissociates from reality into a fantasy world in their head. When that happens somehow an alternate personality is created, and the handler (abuser) can trigger this personality at any time.

Beta programming is sex kitten programming, used to create "ultimate prostitutes" as well as celebrities used to sell sex in the media to the masses. Making it look cool and awesome to be sexually abused and over used. They are made to be devoid of all sexual inhibitions. Take a look at Courtney Stodden.

Delta programming is used to program soldiers and patsys to carry out ritualistic murders.

So what had me freaked out was the possibility that I would be kidnapped, then tortured in such an indescribable fashion as to completely lose touch with reality, and then have false personalities implanted within me that could be triggered at any time without my knowledge. I knew that although Monarch was primarily designed to be used on children exceptions were made for anyone with latent psychic potential, and I also knew that my powers in the wrong hands would make me a very useful disposable assassin. I was terrified both of being tortured and of losing any sense of control over my life. (I was terrified these things would happen because of my budding and ill controlled psychic powers.) I can remember years before I sought out treatment joking with some of my fellow "psychic" friends about "One minute your telling a doctor all about the stress of trying to control these powers, and the next minute you are reading Catcher in the Rye and assassinating John Lennon".

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Jazerus posted:

Just out of curiosity, did you ever tell this "Transformational Center" that they were scaring off conspiracy theorists from seeking their help through their choice of decoration?

I've toyed with the idea, but I don't know that there is much benefit to changing things. Frankly there isn't any set of symbols you could choose that wouldn't be interpreted as threatening by some portion of the population with mental illness, and on top of that my reaction to those particular symbols is not all that common in my experience. In two years of homelessness I met hundreds of Conspiracy Theorists of every possible description, but hardly ever have I met many that new what Monarch was or would have been freaked out by the presence of butterflies.

Edit: On top of that the Transformational Center is inside of a very large compound that you never see until you are already pretty invested in getting help/treatment. It isn;t something you just casually see 99% of the time. It would be literally impossible to explain without going into great detail because there just isn't anything like the "Haven for Hope" that I could draw a comparison too. It would take a whole separate thread to describe the Haven, really.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 20, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sharkie posted:

After you got help, did you ever go back and try to talk to conspiracy people, or revisit some of your old ideas, or did you just walk away from it without looking back?

Excellent question. Let me try and break this up a bit, as how I have handled my old beliefs is very different from how my old conspiracy buddies have reacted to my decisions.

As far as going back to my old ideas, I've never even considered it once. I recognize that the world simply does not work that way now. I don't think that way at all anymore, and many of the underlying assumptions about the world that I had that enabled those beliefs are changed now. It would be about as hard for me to go back to my old beliefs as it would for me to convert to worshiping Zeus. Conspiracy thinking on that level simply isn't a part of who I am anymore. (That said, I still struggle with delusions/magical thinking and invasive thoughts, but the medication weakens that sufficiently that I have taught myself to recognize my delusions and to not make any decisions based off them. Its hard but for now I find it manageable.) On those occasions I do stop and actually read some Conspiracy material these days I find it boring and honest to God laughably stupid. I also cringe a bit when I think about what this material used to mean to me, but I've decided to keep moving forwards no matter what and I just don't dwell on it long.

Now my old Conspiracy buddies are quite a different matter. Leaving the conspiracy mindset is viewed as something of a betrayal/copout. My old conspiracy buddies have treated me like I was that character in The Matrix that chooses to voluntarily get jacked back in. I am treated with a mixture of suspicion and pity, and have been accused of having sold out to the other side more than once. (Sometimes the accusations have been subtle, sometimes they have been very blunt. Thankfully these people are out of my life now, mostly because when I decided to seek treatment I also decided to move from Ohio to Texas, which proved to be an unexpected boon in keeping me away from their influences while I was extremely vulnerable and confused.) My experience has been that I am treated with outright suspicion very often, or at best treated with a sort of smug pity.

This post is exactly what I am talking about.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's really depressing reading you actually because your poverty essentially forced you to give up the truth. I maybe have the luxury of the truth. Hard thought. It's actually obviously true that slaves who don't know the truth won't rebel.

I don't really see it as my responsibility to educate people. I just come here to joke around. I think it is a pretty good gimmick actually, and I think there is some lack of critical thought that goes into thinking about the government, by most people, and I'll have to admit, it wasn't until now how I fully appreciated how poverty and the physical hell they will put you through if you dis-obey forces you to change your mind as well, a soft death.

We have to fight on, though. We can't be afraid of poverty. I'm not afraid of that nor death nor speaking my view.
I might even do a whole page long reply about this post in particular, but I would like to highlight a few things about it. (Talk about staring into a mirror, this read almost exactly like something I would have written a few years ago.)

First off I would argue that AddMeOnFacebook didn't write that post for me or for this thread, he wrote that post for himself, to reassure himself. Underneath what is written here is a sense of being special for knowing "truth". More importantly, he is choosing Truth despite the costs, and that makes him more noble. (Or at least that is how I would have been feeling in his shoes.)

Although AddMeOnFacebook may not really realize it, he is implying that I am a slave now compared to him because I have chosen to walk away from the Conspiracy mindset. ("a soft death") Right after discussing how my poverty forced me to give up truth he asserts that he would never do the same thing. ("We have to fight on, though. We can't be afraid of poverty. I'm not afraid of that nor death nor speaking my view") He is also implying some sort of pity in the sobering realization that perhaps enough pain can be brought down on people to force them to give up the truth. (" your poverty essentially forced you to give up the truth. I maybe have the luxury of the truth. Hard thought.")

Put all this together and AddMeOnFacebook seems to pity me for being beaten into admitting that there really are five lights. To him I gave in under the torture, a sad outcome. But he will struggle on no matter the cost and he will never give up truth even in the face of death. He would die proclaiming the truth of four lights. But perhaps he has the "luxury" of being able to fight for truth, (which I am sure calling it a luxury is a step forwards because I bet that he holds himself as somehow above the rest of the population because he chooses to face the ugly truth rather than hide.) so it is now up to him to fight on for those who (like myself) can't. I would say he is a good representation of the nicer spectrum of reactions I have gotten from my past associates.

Edit: I think the best way to sum up how my past associates have reacted to my seeking treatment is that they see it as an act of cowardice and weakness. I chose the path of least resistance, I chose to go along with the current and accept the damnation of the world in exchange for a little bit of comfort in life.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 21, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've been thinking about the question of whether AddMeOnFacebook is a talented troll or legit. I can't really tell, but I lean about 80% towards him being semi-legit. Let me tell a little story that may or may not shed some light on this situation, because a few years back people on this very forum were having the exact same conversation about me, for much the same reasons. I was a Conspiracy Theorist trying to steer the board towards the "truth", but not in a (so I thought) blatantly obvious way.

I haven't admitted this before, but what the hell, why not? Prester John is not my first user name on SA. I had an earlier account by the name of Truckin A Man. That account started out with an extremely popular thread about being an OTR Truck Driver, (possibly one of the first very popular threads about truck driving on SA), and ended with a banning after I skipped out on a bunch of bets related to my :swoon: over Ron Paul, to say nothing of the helldumping I (frankly quite rightfully) received. (Yeah, there are gonna be a bunch of embarrassing confessions here.) This was circa 2007 or so, just before LF was created and around when Toberlone Triangular (PBUH) and Paradol Rex were roaming the boards freely. I mention those two in particular because if a poll for the three worst crazypants posters had been taken at the time, I might have scored third behind those two.

You see that although everything in my thread about truck driving was genuine and true, I had an ulterior motive for starting that account. My paranoid mind had identified SA as the most influential board on the internet, and I felt that if the truth could be brought to this board I could spread it through the rest of the internet. But first I needed a popular persona. So I created Truckin A Man and poured my heart and soul into writing that thread about truck driving. (I intentionally mentioned nothing at the time of being a hardcore conspiracy theorist.) It worked better than I expected at first, the thread was a hit.

**Now, I do want to mention here that the thread itself (I believe it was titled "Ask Me about all the dirty little secrets of the Trucking Industry) was written honestly and proved to be massively cathartic for me. (Probably why I later wrote my threads about Cedar Point and more Recently A.C.E.) I didn't lie about anything or exaggerate anything, but I did have a planned agenda in case the thread got popular. (Please don't shoot me guys.)

So when the thread got popular my next tack was to join in other threads every so often and try and tack them towards 9-11 truth and general conspiracy topics. Despite how clever I thought I was being though, you sheeple just wouldn't bite. So I started to change tack to posting :arzy: threads about the US turning into a police state. I rapidly earned the ire of D&D and a flood of (I believe mod imposed because they seldom lasted longer than a day or two) red titles soon followed. This also did not work so I began to become more strident and aggressive. Then the whole Pr0n Haul thing started, and I become convinced that Ron Paul was going to be the next President. (On this one I actually had a vision, I was told that RP would sweep the nation and strike a blow against the Illuminati.)

So I started to dive into LF to defend the good doctor as best I could. This also did not work out at all (you fuckin sheeple) so I started experimenting with posting threads in other parts of SA that dealt with Conspiracy Topics. This resulted in a rapid series of lengthy probations (some as long as a month IIRC), as it seemed the rest of SA had little patience for my bullshit. So I cut that poo poo out rather fast and just focused on D&D and LF. Since I knew for a fact that Ron Paul was going to win, I decided to profit off you saps and started placing wagers about Ron Pauls performance in the Republican Primaries.

Eventually I had a particularly delusional episode and I sort of snapped and started to allude to what I was doing. During this period I posted several things that were essentially "pre gloating" about Ron Pauls impending victory. (Something along the lines of "Ron Paul is going to sweep the nation and I will laugh at you all as your precious arrogant ignoprance is ripped away from you by the tideswell of American Patriotism. You will have all your petty notions about the world swept aside as the Good Doctor ends the Federal Reserve and launches a real investigation into 9-11") This pissed off enough Goons that a helldump was called. A ton of my poo poo was dug up and thrown at me, which I tried to deftly (and completely unsuccesfully) run damage control on. Eventually though I had to admit that I had lost against the helldump, and then Ron Paul performed miserably in a few key primaries and it was me watching my petty notions about the world being ripped away by reality. According to the terms of my wagers I was then banned and Truckin A Man- hosed off to not be heard from again. (Although I lurked, seething, for many months afterwards.)

Does this story relate to AddMeOnFacebook? I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually way deeper into lala-land than he admits to, and is really looking for a chance to steer the conversation here towards "truth" in what he feels is a manner more palatable to Goons than your run of the mill 9-11 truther. I say that becasue I did the exact same poo poo and a great deal of his recent posts remind me of waht I was doing back then. Perhaps this is just a crazy man projecting himself onto others, or perhaps I have a nose for recognizing my own. I can't say for certain myself, but I do hope you all found my little confession here interesting.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 22, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Jack Gladney posted:

Did you have steady employment that whole time?

I was just starting my stint at Cedar Point at the time, which was seasonal, so not really. Truth be told my work history is pretty drat spotty at best. That said at that particular time I was able to somewhat hold employment, but the end of my truck driving career was really brought about by the emergence of a more severe strain of my symptoms than had existed prior. So i was on a downhill trajectory at the time. For most of the time I was actively posting I was unemployed and living off my meager savings while waiting for the next season to start at Cedar Point.

Jack Gladney posted:

Do you think somebody in the grip of delusions could work a steady 9-5 or still be at all normal about anything?

Hard to say for certain really, all I can do is comment on my own experiences. I've had delusions of one form or another for pretty much my entire life starting about the age of 14 or so, and I always found it really loving hard to hold down a job. (I was actually generally very punctual and good at my job, the stress just usually built up in me till one day I would jsut snap and quit in a huff.) I only ever had one actual 9-5 and I lasted three weeks at that job, I found the regular hours insufferable. So while I suppose it might be possible for a person in the grip of delusions to hold down a 9-5 job, my personal experience is that the stress of pretending everything is okay builds and builds and builds until one day you snap and do something loving baffling. How long that might take in a given person is probably impossible to say.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I'm still like 20% sure you're in the CIA.

If I am I must have some incredible loving foresight. I mean I purposefully set up a well known account, posted a bunch of Conspiracy poo poo, got banned in a blaze of psychosis, and then sat on that for 7 years, only to reveal it as a way to personally discredit you in a conversation where people were in no danger of coming over to your side of the argument.

Edit: My helldump thread also included real life pictures of me that were taken by my Cedar Point boss (also a Goon) while I was drunk at a company event. So I must have also been willing to work 6 months as a roller coaster ride attendant in order to bolster my cover.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 22, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don't have archives and I think helldump has been memory holed (not sure though, probably a way to pull it up still that I don't know about.) however I *THINK this is my original thread about trucking. (Can't see for certain, but this is a link I got from elsewhere on SA.) Here you go.

And if you scroll to the bottom of this page you can read a summary of my asinine bets. Enjoy.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I remember that thread. What was your favorite ride at Cedar Point? I always liked the Gemini, because there were no lines.

Millennium Force all the way baby. Being an employee I had ways of being very near the front of line when the park opened.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 22, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Popular Thug Drink posted:

rear end in a top hat. I only ever rode it once because the lines were always like 3 hours deep. gently caress that.

I hope they still have that incredible arcade that just has a bunch of 50's and 60's era mechanical arcade games shoved wayyyy in the back. That was the best place to get high.

I dunno. Havne't set foot in CP since March of 2012. Parks gone to poo poo from what I hear though, the new management has managed to make things even more hosed up. The "Screamsters" program (haunted houses and the like during halloweekends) has been especially hard hit and is now basically worthless. A shitload of their most experienced monsters quit this year in protest. They actually got so desperate for experienced monsters that despite the fact that I am waaaaaaaaay loving blacklisted at CP (Tried to unionize and that went over about as well as you would expect) and especially loving blacklisted with the Screamsters program they tracked me down over facebook and asked if I would be willing to come work there back in September.

But the arcade is probably safe. Those old arcade machines were the most profitable part of the arcade despite the fact that there was an entire department of people whose main job was to keep all that old poo poo running. (But real pro's get high on the Skyride, the CP police station is probably 40 feet away from that section of the arcade and cops cut through it all the time.)

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 22, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Alkydere posted:

*sigh*

This thread is legitimately awesome whenever there's a Prester John post. Then as soon as he leaves to go eat/drink/sleep/have a life it devolves into this circlejerk.

Prester John, come back! Start talking about the horrors of truck driving even! Either that, or someone start crossposting the crazier poo poo from the e-mail forward thread here.

I appreciate all the positive responses and I am glad that people are enjoying/learning from my experiences. I try to craft careful responses and it takes me time to write, so when I am telling stories my output is slow.

This thread is proving to be a somewhat weird experience for me. Watching facebook guy's budding meltdown is like Deja Vu combined with an out of body experience. I'm still not sure if he is a troll or not, but I'm like 90% sure now that he is not.

Fake Edit: Jesus though reading his posts. Talk about the abyss staring back at you.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 23, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
In case you are not a troll AddMeOnFacebook I just want to say a few things.

Look, you don't have to believe me, you really don't. In fact, a few years ago, were the tables flipped, I wouldn't trust a word coming from this Prester John rear end in a top hat. I get that. So I'm not going to ask you to trust my words, but I will hope that you remember them.

Someday, if it ever comes to it, when its all melting down around you and you can no longer stand yourself or the sheeple around you, if you ever become too much of a burden on your loved ones, if you ever just want to end it. Don't. Please don't.

Or at least, if you are pretty sure you are going to end it, give at least one try to reaching out. There are no guarantees, but sometimes when you reach out, even at your lowest, even when you rightfully hate yourself, a stranger will take your hand and help- with no expectation of anything in return. So if it ever gets to that point (I'm not saying it will) just try reaching out at least once.

Its what saved me. Without the kindness of strangers I would have died in some ditch long ago, screaming at demons only I could see. There are actually teardrops in my eyes IRL as I type this, and if you are trolling me then well played and I don't care. Because even the chance that you aren't trolling is reason enough to try to reach out to you. Because every last one of us matters.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

blowfish posted:

I suspect blockmeonfacebook thinks Prester John is a CIA agent because Prester John is hitting too close to home.

e: saying this would make me the CIA agent, wouldn't it :tinfoil:

No because in forums Mafia its usually the third person to jump on a bandwagon. After AddMeOnFacebook you are only the second. So the next person to call me a CIA agent is the *REAL* agent. You are just a useful idiot unwittingly advancing the agents agenda. Sorry blowfish.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 24, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ddraig posted:

The moon landing nuts are a bit weird because even the Soviets, who were the number one competition in the race to the moon, have not made a single solitary noise to suggest that it was faked. And they're the ones who would stand to gain the most by suggesting so.

Does this vast conspiracy of silence not only extend to the thousands of people who worked on the project, all their family members, all the people who were tangentially associated with it (independent contractors etc), but also to the equal amount of people in a completely different, politically opposed country?

As a former moon landing denier myself I'll field this one. The moon is a hollowed out planetoid brought artificially to Earth's orbit millenia ago and serves as a base of operations for the Reptilians in our solar system. We have never landed on the moon because the Reptilians/their slaves the "Gray's" warned us not too. The moon landing was faked as a way to cover up where all the money that went into the real space program was spent. Our actual space program has craft capable of traveling to the moon within 90 minutes and even has some craft capable of traveling to nearby solar systems, everything NASA does is just theater to keep us distracted.

Oh, and I guess I should mention that both Russia and the US are deeply permeated with Illuminati agents, which is why the 2 countries secretly work in tandem so often while publicly pretending to be rivals.

Edit: The moon landing footage was filmed by Stanley Kubrick with an agreement that if he did this none of his films would ever be censored again. He pushed this too far and revealed too much when he made Eyes Wide Shut (which deals with the truth of Monarch programming and the Satanic orgies the Illuminati love to indulge in) and he was killed so that a toned down edited version could be released without the danger of his objections. Kubrick was actually a hero at the end of his life because he was trying to fight back and get the truth out there despite having been a willing participant for so many years.

Second Edit: Let me blow ya'lls mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HLwuzIHGkw

If you guys want I can start posting poo poo like the above that only the real hardcore conspiracy theorists have ever even heard of. Truth be told with most CT's stuff like the faked moon landing or 9-11 false flag material is just baby food being fed gently to the ignorant masses because they aren't ready to handle the real REAL truth yet.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 24, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

BBJoey posted:

Are there no moon landing deniers who draw the line there and don't go in for the deeper illuminati/reptilian stuff?

Yes, but in my experience not very many, and because of the nature of Conspiracy Theorists most of these eventually move on to joining UFO nuts. There are two broad but often bitterly divided groups of UFO nuts. The "nuts and bolts" camp that holds that UFO are physical 3 dimensional machines created by advanced intelligence's for interstellar travel. And the "spiritual devices" camp that holds that UFO's are often non-physical thought manifestations created by advanced intelligence's for the purpose of changing vibration frequencies so that they can interact with our low vibrating limited 3rd dimensional consciousness. This gives the appearance of interstellar travel but is actually quite different,

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

AceRimmer posted:

I love how the typical :tinfoil: comeback to this is "umm...grain shipments or something".

It's probably come up in the thread already but what's the truther crowds response to the glaring problem of how the same brilliant shadow government that pulled off 9/11 couldn't plant even a single convincing WMD lab in Iraq post-invasion?

They never intended to plant WMD's, the whole point of the Iraq invasion was to see if the American public could be pushed into accepting a war on premises that would be revealed as false. Its kind of how like the Dams were blown in the aftermath of Katrina as a way of beta testing firearms confiscations and forced population relocation's into FEMA camps. In both cases success was achieved.

I'll be around all day if you guys just want to fire questions at me.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Shbobdb posted:

What's with the whole "two original moons" thing where one destroyed Lumeria (sp?) and Atlantis. Also, how big is the Thule society? I've noticed a lot of rightwing and deeply racist views crop up in CT circles, is my sample selection just off or do you think CTs and racism are related?

I don't know about two original moons, that one is new to me.

As far as the inherent racism, that has more to do with particular quirks of American CT's (which largely drive the CT movement). I am nearly at my internet limit for the month from phone tethering so I can't link it but look up the John Birch Society as well as an article called "The Paranoid Style in American Politics" which was published in Harpers? (I think) in the 60's. While Birch Society crap is itself racist, it was also marketed quietly to racists for many years following the very real conspiracy between William F Buckley Jr. and Barry Goldwater to demonize the John Birch society in Conservative circles/America broadly.

The Thule society was an Illuminati front organization that schemed Hitler into power as a pretext to launch their 2nd great war as per the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. In the circles I ran in understanding the meanings of Thule symbolism was considered important, but the group itself was thought to be just one tentacle and not all that particularly interesting outside of their involvement with Hitler.

If you want a real potential Conspiracy Theory that might not actually be pants-on-head retarded then consider that the father of the Koch Bro's was one of the founders of the John Birch Society. Alex Jones (who is widely acknowledged to be a power hungry maniac behind the scenes) vomits Birch Society bullshit verbatim, and if you are an aspiring truther you will too unless you want Alex Jones coming after you behind the scenes. Alex (and by extension the majority of prominent CT'ers) has shown a remarkable hesitancy to criticize the Koch's, even going so far as to praise them on a number of occasions. Alex has also played a massive but under-appreciate role in Cliven Bundy, the founding of the Tea Party, and the rise of Ron and Rand Paul, to say nothing of the 9-11 truth movement being probably 85% the result of his work. Koch bro's conspiracies are strangely rare on the internet as a result, and almost none of the usual crazies even bother researching the Kochs or creating any amusing/bathsit theories about them.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Bow-street Bastard posted:

Just a quick question for the 9/11 truthers out there.

Wouldn't it be far safer for the US Governement to let two planes smash into skyscrapers no-one expected would burn down, rather than shooting down several tons of metal full of jet fuel over the world's 25th most populous city full of schools and hospitals?

Or is that just what they want us to think?

9-11 was a masonic ceremony where the twin pillars of Jachim and Boaz were symbolically destroyed in order to help usher in the New World Order. This was a literal black magick spell carried out by the worlds most powerful geomancers using Masonic knowledge. That is why the towers were built in the first place, they were never expected to be profitable, they were always to be used for this specific ceremony. In some respects the ceremony was more important than the psyop itself, which is why certain timings (like the destruction of tower 7) had to be precise even when it jeopardized the cover story. 9-11 is a highly important number in the masonic calender, which is why things like the Pentagon ground breaking ceremony also occurred on 9-11.

fade5 posted:

Same, that thread was one of the most informative and depressing things I've ever read. I'm completely serious when I say that what you went though qualifies as "hell on earth", and I am so glad you got out of it.

Thank you, I'm almost embarrassed with how I am received on these boards sometimes. Thank you all so much.

To contribute, here is Alex Colliers (in)famous 1994 interview. This interview is probably the single most important contributor to how widespread the whole "Reptilian Aliens" thing eventually became in UFO and conspiracy circles. Although the idea was not new when this interview occurred, much of the reptilian material that has come since has cribbed heavily from it. This is likely becasue this version of the Reptilian conspiracy is so elaborate and fantastical that little else has ever been anywhere near as well fleshed out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SouPQnxLtM

To give a rough outline, Alex Collier is a former Tax Attorney who was disbarred after he tried the freeman on the land approach to paying taxes. (Which is to say he argued that there was authority to tax citizens for their wages and the person they were trying to sue was a legal fiction anyways because of ALL CAPS) Shortly thereafter he began to be contacted by an alien race he calls the Andromedans. They revealed to him that his soul was originally Andromedan but he was part of an expedition traveling through time to locate the point in the past in which tyranny had entered this galaxy. The search identified the planet Earth in this time period as the entry point for the tyranny. (The Andromedans are 4th dimensional aliens able to travel through time at will.) Alex's craft crashed on our planet killing him, which has resulted in his soul becoming trapped in Earth's reincarnation cycle. (Each race has its own separate reincarnation cycle, but crossovers do occur in certain rare circumstances.)

Ever since this revelation Alex has been a spokesperson for the Andromedans, and his message is fantastic. Fantastic in the sense of this would make a pretty loving awesome sci-fi saga. There is just so much crazy you can feast for days. All human races originate in the Lyra system, and the original humans left that system to escape a war. Since then human races have spread throughout the galaxy and evolved into different types, which is where the different skinned humans come from. The black race and the white race and Arabs and all other races are actually literally different races. You see the reptilians themselves are a race kicked out of an entire different universe/dimension because they were too problematic deal with and too strong to actually kill. The Reptilians rounded up a shitload of different human races from the area and took over this old colony planet that we call earth. (The spaceship they used is orbiting us as our moon, still monitoring us) The reptilians have ever since then been building their power base here, and the rest of the Galaxy isn't sure what to do. Direct war may not be successful (although some races are trying that), entering into our reincarnation cycle to lead us out of this as fellow humans risks both races being tied together in a karma cycle, (although some races are trying this), and simply appearing before us and telling the truth is something our primitive culture cannot possibly handle yet.

And I am just scratcing the surface. He has elaborate descriptions of everything from geopolitics to Andromedan culture and laws. Enjoy :D

Edit: For those interested I've started putting bits of my autobio up in Creative Convention. I would appreciate some feedback, I'll be trying to add 1-2 pieces to this per week for now.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 28, 2014

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

nomemories posted:

You dirty bitch I'd like to see you survive on the streets.

I did for two years. I was also a hardcore CT at the time. May I suggest you follow my example and take your meds, then work on getting your life together? That sure helped me a bunch.

PS: Having friends is better than being surrounded only be people that can handle the truth. Just tossing that out there.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

nomemories posted:

I wasn't talking to you gently caress face and you're a liar

No I'm really not. I've documented my time being homeless and being a CT in several threads on this forum over the past few years. You are free to disbelieve me but I've been open about my experience of coming off the David Icke crazytrain with proper meds and mental health care. If I am lying I am one dedicated psy-op who seems to exist only to pop into this thread every couple months.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
So I've done this before in this thread, but not for quite some time. I am a former hardcore conspiracy theorist that spent 5 years in the deep end. I listened to Alex Jones every day, watched basically every conspiracy documentary that was published between 2006 through 2012. I was even into the whole Reptilian Aliens thing and saw David Icke at his infamous Cleveland appearance where he and Jessica Ventura got into a massive pissy slapfight. (My first account here was Truckin A Man and I shot my crazy conspiracy bullshit all over D&D back during the first Ron Paul revolution.)

I would be more than happy to answer any questions about my time as a hardcore loony and if you but specify a desired variety I can point you all towards some of the finest lunacy to be found within the movement. (Truly a gourmet's pick of sweet nuttiness.)

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

GutBomb posted:

Psychiatric meds is my guess.

Literally psychiatric medications and proper mental health care. (Also shitloads of therapy.) I was an (at the time) undiagnosed schizophrenic trying to survive in the rust belt during the great recession. Conspiracy theories were the only way I had of making sense of the world at the time.

Eventually my condition rendered me homeless. It was at that point that I started to seriously consider that the problem might be me (instead of the rest of the world) and I was fortunate enough to get into a live in facility that specialized in care for the homeless and mentally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Raxivace posted:

So explain the lizard people thing to me. I never understood that.

Your posts in the authoritarian thread were really good btw.

Thanks you, I really appreciate hearing that you enjoyed my posts in that thread.

To answer your question, basically David Icke has popularized this theory that the Earth is in fact a slave colony for a super advanced race of 4th dimensional aliens (that happen to be Reptilian in appearence) and these aliens survive off the energy of negative human emotions. (Basically they keep us all miserable so that they can feed more.) These aliens are unable to take physical form for more than short periods of time, so in order to maintain control of the planet they have created a giant network of either willing or mind controlled accomplices.

In order to control their accomplices, thesee aliens need to be able to "tune in" to the "vibrational frequency" of our race. This is facilitated by certain genetic markers that make people more susceptible to control by the aliens. These genetic markers are most concentrated in the 13 bloodlines that make up the Illuminati ruling class, and your rank and job within the Illuminati is heavily influenced by how "pure" your bloodline is.

I believed it because I thought the "enemy" that the human race was being oppressed by must be so incredibly intelligent and so shockingly malicious that there was just no way it could be human.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 26, 2016

• Locked thread