Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
A big part of what Alex Jones (claims to?) believe about the Conspiracy is that the Comspiracy attempts to use a kind of 'sympathetic magic' that involves publicising the plot in a sneaky way. So all those magazine and album covers with the WTC on them with a 9 or 11 or a plane somewhere else on the cover? Those movies, games and shows which featured the WTC somehow in the script? That was the Illuminati wizards planting subtle foreknowledge of their villainy in order to make the eventual explosions extra big. Fortunately, when someone notices this and points it out, like a brave talk radio host, the plan is TOO public and must be abandoned.

So when you see a headline referring to imminent smallpox-carrying Mexican aliens being inserted into major cities in order to depopulate the eastern seaboard, you can rest easy that such an event will never happen, because magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Putting visible symbols everywhere and leaving clues that can be followed increases the power of the main conspiracy through sympathetic magic.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Yarbald posted:

This is everything wrong with the whole god drat "naturopathic" movement. You know what we call natural remedies that have been proven to work? Medicine.

I work in a hospital, I saw someone a while ago who had been receiving naturopathic chemotherapy to treat stage IV breast cancer. Her entire chest was basically a gaping wound. BUT WESTERN MEDICINE DOESN'T WORK

What the hell is naturopathic chemotherapy? Using the radiation from chunks of granite to target cancer cells?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

It's going to be the Kennedy stuff except without Fidel Castro behind it.

I'm sure there are 9/11 conspiracies that involve Castro.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The slight sound of exertion when you lift a couch above your head.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
How many times does the USA have to incorporate Texas before it sticks?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Reminder that boom boom boom hates skulls and skeletons and is a bad person.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Deep Thought posted:

Oh God, a one-sided thread where people with boring interests moan about 'retards' and do mong impersonations and pop-psychology, I'm a bad poster and even I'm asking: is it me or has this community been getting worse for years? No offense, just mean that it peaked with "im gay", there was no way but downhill after that.

For a a different opinion (because sometimes it's good to play devil's advocate ya know?), conspiracy theories have only grown because there's truth to them.

Ever seen the JFK movie?
The 9/11 references in Back to the Future?
The Freemasonry reference in Time Bandits?
The Holy Mountain?
and the heaps of TV shows with hidden meanings for the initiated.

Is there a general opinion in this thread of why people believe in certain conspiracy theories? Will that opinion stand up against doubt? Nah, by now you'd need to invent a conspiracy theory to explain the rise of conspiracy theories. The other kosher explanation I can think of is that society has become vulnerable to mass psychosis and that free speech is at fault. What else could the reason be?

Is that right? He described himself as against all ontologies and illuminatus! is a mix of truth and lies, a loving good read too. I considered him more of a humourist who doesn't believe in anything.

I'm gay

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's true, if it wasn't for my paid-by-the-post job for The Government then people would have figured out who really shot Tupac and how the hologram airliners brought down the towers.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Did he actually do any carpentry or was that just another fabrication to make him seem more folksy and down to earth?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
They believe a black person should only be 3/5 the mass of a white one?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That's just what they want you to think.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

Did you guys know that some people think the US government did 9/11?

hosed up, if true.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't that just be regular stalking? Isn't that a crime?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What do you mean Nazi science was poor, the 'See what happens when you sew twins together', 'All celestial bodies are made of ice' and 'Let's look for Santa Claus and recruit him' projects were extremely well considered at the time.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Given that I know that there were equally crazy plans and everything else in your comment is a cold statement of fact, I'm not sure if your Santa Claus comment is a joke.

A slight exaggeration, they were actually looking for the superhuman proto-Aryan giants of Thule at the North Pole. Who would then share their scientific and mystical lore and bring forth a real world Wolfenstein: New Colossus timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Jewishness is like cholera in that it spreads rapidly through densely packed populations lacking access to proper sanitation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread