Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Polaroid 330 gets here on friday. Time to take some deadpan landscapes at 80cents a frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Lan Su Gardens, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Lan Su Gardens, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
lkajshdflkajshdflkajshdfasdfh/ RAGE.

My scanner seems to have problems scanning FP100c negatives. It cant recognize them while pre-scanning. I found out the problem, the back light in the lid, isnt fully light across the entire plane it casts light on, its meant only for its proprietary 35mm/slide mask.

I thought I could just align the negative under the backlight and get a decent scan until I have a friend print up a negative mask with his 3d printer. I was wrong. Time to find a new flatbed.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Spedman posted:

When I scan mine on a V500 I just use the medium format holder as a frame to push the negative flat, works pretty well for no cost.

I have to actually upgrade my scanner, its only good at doing 35mm. I thought it had enough room for Fp100c negative but it doesnt.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

negative or scanned image?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Putrid Grin posted:

I just ordered a pack of Project Impossible "Instant" Film.
Morbidly curious if it is as lovely as it seems.

With the money you wasted on that, you could have gotten a lovely colorpack and 5 boxes of FP100c.

Father and Daughter, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

FP3000b loving owns.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Putrid Grin posted:

Where are you getting fp100c so cheap?

FROM YOUR MOM!!!! :snoop:

Amazon has it for 8.49 USD a box sometimes, and I can walk a few blocks, buy it locally for under 12bux if i cant wait for amazon 2day shipping.

The problem for me with impossible besides how smug their "street krew" is (they had a demo at the local photo shop near me and were pretty much insufferable to anyone who didnt give a poo poo about how cool they are), is that their film doesnt offer up anything awesome that you cant find anywhere else. You can get into InstaxWide, with cheaper more readily available film, Instaxmini for funsies and smaller size and still, cheaper film, or you can go find a cheap rear end Polaroid Colorpack or any of the cheap 100/200/300/400 series land cameras and shoot pack film and get not only better prints in under 30 seconds, but negatives you can reclaim. In the long run, Impossible film is just flat out expensive when you consider the alternatives that are out there.

Musket fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 2, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Mother and Daughter, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Frobbe posted:

possibly? i've seen silk and glossy at all the stores i've checked. They all also seemed to stock the B&W pack film.

Dont tell anyone you have a local source for 3000b. Ever. Pretty soon you will be able to trade it for blowjobs.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Mimi, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

This is Mimi.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Kelly's, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Its not dust. I left it unpeeled for 8 hours cuz i was on a date and wanted the negative. Some bits stuck to the neg. Nice try, Dust Tank. :snoop:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

What the gently caress is that stupid poo poo?

Its dust.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

404notfound posted:

Is Instax film okay to take through an airport x-ray? I believe it's 800 ISO.

Just hand check it. Or go to ritz and buy a film bag. They probably have one, covered in dust. The sales guy will say "huh?".

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

basch posted:

^nice shots, that installation looks really cool!

I'm thinking of buying a secondhand Instax 210 because the price it's being offered at seems too good to be true. Of course, I would like to know if it actually is too good to be true... so aside from taking a couple test shots is there anything I should watch out for?

Like suspicious noises etc.?

Instax go for insanely low prices, used. Its not that its too good to be true, its that the person selling it, had one or 2 uses in mind and doesnt feel they can recoup more $$$.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Shellman posted:

A guy near me has a polaroid land camera 250 for sale, is there anything major I should be looking for besides checking to make sure that the shutter works and the bellows look okay? I would kinda like to get into instant photography.

Cover the light sensor and trip the shutter. This will tell you that it at least fires. Check bellows for damage and wear. Check rollers for corrosion or permanent crap on them. Check to make sure that the RF at least pretends to give you a good focus (you wont know until you put film in and try).

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Wimpys, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Northwest, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Putrid Grin posted:

Seems that The Impossible Project is realizing that they can get only so far on PR alone, and is shutting down most of its worldwide HQs in order to "concentrate on developing new emulsions and cameras".

I wonder why they have decided to get into the camera business so early in the game, as there is no shortage of working polaroid cameras out there.

New camera means the possibility of proprietary film. Which means locked into their new system for film an accessories.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
IMG_0008.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

IMG_0005.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

I let them sit out until they're dry. If you're hoping to save 3000b negatives they'll just get solarized and turn to poo poo, I haven't found a good way to prevent that.

Yea there is no real way to store the 3000b negative that wont allow it to stop decaying. Scan it the same day and throw it away. Its not going to last like the FP100c negs.

Deep Throat, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Bar Culture project is coming along.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

LargeHadron posted:

I mean, right after I take them. They are all wet, and then when they dry they have all kinds of marks on them.

Mine are fine. I let them dry but not in direct sun. They wont last at all though more than a few months before they start to look like poo poo. Dont let them dry in the sun or they will ruin real fast. You can also not peel them for a few hours if you know you will be home fast and let them dry on your desk after you peel. Self Terminating.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Photobeers, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Shoot more instant ffs.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
IMG_0016.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
IMG_0004.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU