Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm new to this whole film thing. My parents sent me their old Polaroid 100 Automatic and I've been playing with it. The problem I'm having is that the film (Fuji fp-100c) is getting jammed by the 4th or 5th picture in the pack. I'll pull the tab and two of the little film things comes out, with one being torn up and developer goo getting all over the inside of the camera. Everything past that point is a messy waste. Any suggestions? I like shooting with it but don't want to waste so much film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that was it before breaking stuff off. Otherwise this camera is hella fun.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Geoff by Jonathan Taylor, on Flickr

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Elliot and Amina by Jonathan Taylor, on Flickr

I'm pretty amazed at how nice these look for a 50 year old polaroid.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

iSheep posted:

Here are some FP100c shots I took this month:

Those are really nice land camera shots!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

iSheep posted:

Thanks, not sure if its cheating to fix the levels after scanning but I do it regardless. The prints themselves generally have a slight green cast to them. And the scanner I use just fucks them up to all hell.

That's what I do with mine. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Might as well raid my grandmother's photo stuff while I'm here for thanksgiving. I'm sure this is still good. (Aug 1980 expiration date).

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BANME.sh posted:

Welp, stock up fellas

lovely google translation from the Japanese site:

http://fujifilm.jp/information/articlead_0384.html

:rip: my land camera

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

unpacked robinhood posted:

Everything sucks :(

I got a good year of use out of my mother's old land camera. She didn't think it still worked at all. It also was a gateway drug into MF for me.

Went ahead and ordered a 5 pack from amazon while it's still available.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Putrid Grin posted:

How long does the film keep when refrigerated?

I don't know, but there are reports that you can freeze it.
http://figitalrevolution.com/2016/03/01/freezing-fuji-fp-100c-instant-film/

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Is anything stopping people from using instax film in a medium/large format camera? Just lack of adapters?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

yospos, bitch!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Tony Two Bapes posted:

I don't understand?

219 is the yospos forum number (forumid=219)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4vdOGkTSjY

:whoa:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

topenga posted:

Oh man! That was so awesome!

He also has a video showing how to stand develop color film. Kind of an awesome channel.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

and the quality of the results looks muted and soft. just like impossible project film.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

I-Type appears to be 600 film without batteries (since the cameras it's designed to be used in have batteries of their own).

I didn't know polaroid film carts had batteries in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Moatman posted:

Is there any reason why the Instax Mini 8s have been popping up everywhere recently? Like, I walked into Best Buy last week to look at TVs and there was a fuckoff huge stand filled with them right next to the entrance. Like, I didn't even know they still made instant cameras anymore, let alone were selling them in mass market stores

I bought one as a Christmas gift for my 13-year-old cousin last year and she uses it all of the time. Big hit with the kids.

• Locked thread