Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Bethany, NW Portland by Anthony Shade, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I realized today some of the Impossible films have a "Best by" date, and other boxes have a "Production" date (with 1 year from that being suggested best by). I tossed my first box out at my family's house but this pack may have been already expired

This old formula definitely works better in bright sunlight, but the colors still are pretty washed out. Maybe in some cases that is kinda cool.
The packs I got during the black Friday sale are still fresh so looking towards trying them out at holiday parties. I don't even have a scanner, so just sticking these up on people's fridges. Compositionally this photo is dumb but you get the idea.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

The hosed up bleaching is perfect here.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This current pack has been giving me trouble with the pull tabs. Which I guess is actually common, I've just never ran into it before. So my remaining shots are gonna have all sorts of defects going on with them.

This is what happened when I said, "No worries, we'll try again" and didn't bother to check if the new tab was sticking out :v:. Sat in the camera for 3 hours until I could get it home and diagnose how to get it out. Eventually gave up and popped the back of the camera open to get it loose.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Snow looks so great on instant film.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

BANME.sh posted:

RIP if you're in :canada: though

this should just be the name of the subforum

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Somehow I really love this shot.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

alkanphel posted:

Somehow I really love this shot.

Thanks! Graffiti/Street Art isn't really my thing but that alley is p. cool.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 5, 2016

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Welp, stock up fellas

lovely google translation from the Japanese site:

quote:

Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. (President: Nakajima Naruhaku) is, the instant color film "FP-100C", will be sold lasts our stock.

Fujifilm, in order to continue to provide instant color film "FP-100C", so far have had continued corporate efforts, sales volume has declined significantly from year to year, more is a situation that can not be produced . For this reason, we will be forced to sell the end as described below.

This instant color sales of film "FP-100C" is will end, Fujifilm will continue to developing systems that offers access to the photographic film to continue while the review and production efficiency also product line up future .

We will continue our continued support to the Fujifilm product, you look forward to your patronage, thank you.

http://fujifilm.jp/information/articlead_0384.html

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 29, 2016

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

BANME.sh posted:

Welp, stock up fellas

drat. Guess they are all in on instax now. What a bummer.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ugh

edit: ugh

iSheep fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 29, 2016

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
gently caress me, I just bought a back for my 4x5.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Looks like the prices are already increasing for single packs. Just bought a pack of 5 off amazon.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BANME.sh posted:

Welp, stock up fellas

:rip: my land camera

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
:negative:

:flaccid:

:emo:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Everything sucks :(

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

unpacked robinhood posted:

Everything sucks :(

I got a good year of use out of my mother's old land camera. She didn't think it still worked at all. It also was a gateway drug into MF for me.

Went ahead and ordered a 5 pack from amazon while it's still available.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

How long does the film keep when refrigerated?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Putrid Grin posted:

How long does the film keep when refrigerated?

I don't know, but there are reports that you can freeze it.
http://figitalrevolution.com/2016/03/01/freezing-fuji-fp-100c-instant-film/

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

akadajet posted:

I don't know, but there are reports that you can freeze it.
http://figitalrevolution.com/2016/03/01/freezing-fuji-fp-100c-instant-film/

Do what you want but I would never put any instant film in the freezer.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
There's a change.org petition approaching 10,000 signatures to save FP-100C

Chances of Fuji actually giving a crap are about zero, you think?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

BANME.sh posted:

There's a change.org petition approaching 10,000 signatures to save FP-100C

Chances of Fuji actually giving a crap are about zero, you think?

There is a 100% chance that Fuji gives zero fucks.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'll happily give Instax Wide a shot when I can afford it. I like that its ISO 800 so indoor shots should be a bit more manageable.

Just sucks to see the last of the peel apart film go, especially when I just got into it :v:.

Have you shot any of this yet? Curious to see how it looks.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Beau Photo in Vancouver is totally sold out of the stuff and apparently didn't even know that it was happening until the day of and already couldn't order more in lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I wanna get into instant photography but I'm not sure where to begin! Is there a reason to stay away from the Impossible Project stuf beyond price? I've read conflicting reports the film is kind of garbage but people claim the newer stuff they make is a lot better. Seeing as fuji is gonna be dropping the FP-100c seems like grabbing a land camera now would be a bad idea. For instax wide film would a fuji 300 or lomo be a better camera to grab?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
edit: nevermind, irrelevant.

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 16, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Sucks about FP-100C. I dusted off my RB67 and borrowed a friend's poo poo scanner.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
http://savepackfilm.net/updates/the-journey-begins

Some guy who apparently is important is gonna be talking with Fuji Management about FP100c.

Spoilers: They wont change their minds

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I just bought a used Instax mini 90 and some film on ebay so gently caress me I guess

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Fart Car '97 posted:

I just bought a used Instax mini 90 and some film on ebay so gently caress me I guess

Integral film is a different and also fun thing though, so enjoy it and be happy I say

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I saw a Mini 90 hanging around someone's neck in Nara.

By the way, I know it's cheating or whatever, but the SP1 is a great bar companion.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Phone posted:

I saw a Mini 90 hanging around someone's neck in Nara.

By the way, I know it's cheating or whatever, but the SP1 is a great bar companion.

People love it when I get drunk at karaoke night and hand them a print of their singing, I put little moo stickers on the back with my website. It's a great networking tool, I got an offer to shoot some food from a chef last night that I think will be great for my portfolio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
yikes http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-11/the-impossible-project-debuts-its-i-1-camera

• Locked thread