Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

HEGEL CURES THESES posted:

And, in a thread full of people talking about quirks of their setting, some good, some bad, this guy decides to drop this on us:

I dunno, that one actually sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

HEGEL CURES THESES posted:

He thinks the women really want it, doesn't he?

Do you really need the answer to that question?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not sure what it says about me that that description of the 'gief is the most legitimately enjoyable thing I've ever seen on TVTropes. I hope that dude just has Zangief wrassle the inevitable zombies of the weeaboo apocalypse.

Even Tropers can't ruin Zangief. Fact. :colbert:

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

More functional, I suppose, but way more terrifying. :stare:

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

And no mpreg!

Yet.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Zerilan posted:

It took me like a minute to parse that title. He's trying to put Japanese prepositions in a title made up using English words, isn't he?

Of course he is, it's like the perfect storm of terrible.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

crowfeathers posted:

Help this poor troper improve his fanfic idea

Ctrl+A, Backspace.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Yeah Bro posted:

That was Enslaved and the guy advising was Alex Garland. It was made by a team of writers who went on to write a game where the hero aborts a demon baby with a sniper rifle.

Wait, what? How could they possibly have considered that a good idea for a video game?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Cleretic posted:

That's a scene from the Devil May Cry reboot, so I'm not convinced there was consideration.

...oh. That...that makes a lot more sense now.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

bucketmouse posted:

There's a famous scifi short about the aftermath of the creation of bioengineered pet dinosaurs that the 'fluffy pony' stuff is directly lifted from, even down to the baby-talk and traumatization. Leave it to tropers/bronies to stick ~funny rape~ into literally everything, ugh.

I'd never heard of that before, yet somehow, I am completely unsurprised.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

I think they intend for 'reconstruction' to mean 'Does a Trope, in a non-standard manner'.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

I think the worst thing about that stupid loving story is the absolutely laughable 'scientific rationality' that the author tries to portray.

Harry's response to magic: "BLARGH BLARGH HOW DARE YOU VIOLATE THE SACRED AND IMMUTABLE COMMANDMENTS OF SCIENCE WITH YOUR MAGIC LET ME EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE WRONG."

Actual rational scientist's response to magic: "This is some extremely interesting phenomena, let's run some tests and see if we can't come up with some new physics models that allow for these events."

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Testekill posted:

That whole page is 9405 words long. 9405 words about a fictional army. :psyduck:

You say that like you're surprised at how perfectly unreasonable and insane that is.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Annointed posted:

Plus he was against the traditions of the time, which was kind of taboo in a country so hard set in its ways.

How so? What sort of things did he oppose? Actually kind of curious, I've never heard anything about him being any sort of iconoclast, just generically mean and ambitious.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Pierson posted:

Goddamn.

But yeah I guess if all that poo poo was made by committee, as it were, it's a little better than a single guy writing 150k about imaginary pony novels. Only a little better, mark you.

Not really, if you think about it. One guy writing endless mountains of text about terrible things is understandable, multiple people doing it means someone had the idea and other people agreed it was good.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

If Scotland does opt for independence what does that mean for the wizarding community? Does Scotland get its own Ministry of Magic? Will Hogwarts finally be free of meddling from the Ministry of Magic bureaucrats in London? These are some complicated issues and I expect the troping community to have answers.

Honestly, that might actually be an interesting story. Certainly be a step up from the Dark Depths of the Shipping Sea.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

If they used common, pedestrian words, like said, how could they possibly prove what talented special snowflake authors they are!

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Leofish posted:

And if it's a live action tv show or film, sometimes they pray the actors are gay for each other.

And if they aren't, they'll make them gay for each in the real-person-fiction crossover collaborative fanfic they're writing. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

let us talk about gay characters in a children's cartoon some more guys

Considering that there basically aren't any, it's kind of an actual, thought-provoking topic though?

• Locked thread