Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ben Rothwell broke his arm and then knocked Overeem out with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
MMA/wrestling analogies don't really work because the products are so similar but with a few very important differences. And if any MMA promotion is WWE, it would be, you know, the giant one everyone has heard of that's synonymous with the sport.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i don't know what the gently caress is going on with bellator's matchmaking but it's wonderfully bizarre

We love you Scott Coker

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Russians trying to sound super-American always make me laugh.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dangersim posted:

Speaking of Cody, I would like to say that if anyone ever sees something funny and says "this is the funniest thing ever in mma" they are wrong, and if I ever say that please correct me, because the funniest thing to ever happen in mma was when Cody fought in the UFC in a pair of Nike gym shorts he had just purchased at Walmart accros the street, and then Herb Dean had to pull the tag off during the first round.

The time he comprehensively outstruck Leonard Garcia is somewhere in the top 10 moments.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

He got Fitched and Donged and Browned. To me that makes him like a gatekeeper at this point but people still think he's gonna do things at welterweight.

He's probably going to have a bunch more really good fights at welterweight, that's more than a lot of people do.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

-Atom- posted:

Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields is the only superfight that exists in my world.

PSP might implode.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

vainman posted:

I hope someone writes a good book about Herring someday because his life from computer programming to cage fighting to poker playing to promoting to Chavez, Cage of Glory seems interesting as hell

I don't know anything about Herring other than that he was supposed to be good in PRIDE and that Lesnar couldn't finish him despite mauling him for 15 minutes.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I feel like that being shot might actually be a positive thing for him, if only because he can't get much worse

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

It's not that strange once you think about it a bit, really. The time at which he fell off was that same period in which submission defense really started to go up and bring us to this point at which four ufc kimuras in a year seems like a lot of kimuras (for reference, he lost to Bowles the night after UFC 101 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_101, just to give an idea of where we were). He was fighting top-level guys, so he was against the guys who were at the top because they were first starting to show actual defense in their games, generally. This is a sport in which you're either good or you're not.

I wonder if we'll see the same thing happen to Rousey.

Yeah, imagine what would happen if Rousey were to wind up in the clinch with an Olympic wrestling medalist.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I didn't know Steven Siler had been cut from the UFC

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

uhhhhhhhhh doesn't Page fight 35lbs heavier than Bollinger?

30-33 pounds, actually

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's been a bad month for hobos fighting in Russia

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

lol @ the Royce Gracie striking

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Troxartas posted:

Holy crap, the guy that lost in the terrible co-main (Shimizu) actually had a ufc fight

It was the worst case of "why is this guy in the UFC" I've seen since 1999 or so, and yes, I'm aware of Nikita Krylov.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quote:

I helped train him for his fight with Shmelenko in May and then he ended up doing one of my partners dirty so we had a falling out.

@Gregor Samsa

edit: this is assuming that volte has fixed this site to function more like twitter

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 3, 2015

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

vainman posted:

Ken Shamrock is going to bare knuckle box some chump in April as a way to advertise his new energy drink, the Shamrock Slam

http://www.kenshamrock.com/news-release.html

That's not "some chump", that's James Quinn McDonagh.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
War Machine finds a way to make PSP hate him even more:

http://twishort.com/BGthc

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Dave Herman Owns.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Fight Night 60 has a pretty solid lineup all the way down the prelims even if it's lacking in star power at the top. Thatch and Thompson both own, though.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Adlan Amagov has been sighted in Raqqa in the past month.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

attackmole posted:

Grantland has a long-ish interview with Fallon Fox up. It's a solid read.

http://grantland.com/features/grantland-qa-fallon-fox/

Not a bad interview, but why is a 39-year-old who's never beaten anyone with a winning record so salty about not being in the UFC? It has nothing to do with being trans.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

holy poo poo this is the best fight i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31qNnYWkjLw&t=217s

i'm glad they didn't actually use their fighting styles and just did pro wrestling moves to each other

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Le Saboteur posted:

A 6'2 featherweight. Only in Bellator.

Will Chope is 6'4" and got viciously knocked out once in the UFC before they realized he was a wifebeater and cut him

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I still want to know what Takenori Sato did to piss off Joe Silva enough to sign him to a completely undeserved UFC contract and then make him fight Erick Silva and Hyun Gyu Lim

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

JOe Silva never got to book Aoki :(

before I die I long for Aoki vs Charles Oliveira

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You don't know anything about Chael or Fedor if you can't see Chael losing that match

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Should I watch Chandler/Henderson? Sounds like it was good

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the guy who made that is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itv5Cfne23A

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

If true, that's bad news for bellator, moving to a channel with way less avg viewers, in less households, and worse in 18-45 all by a large margin.

Plus the viewership they lose merely by switching channels.

It's staying on Paramount

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
wrestling mod is cool and fozzy sucks

cyborg also sucks

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

this is my favorite mma gif of all time

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Viacom blocks Scott Coker's attempt to sign Matt Hughes to Bellator, forcing him to resort to his backup plan of just setting a big pile of money on fire in the middle of a cage, which gets 850,000 viewers on Spike against UFC Fight Night Brazil: Belfort vs The Inexorable Forward Motion of Time

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

Two old guys, who were part of (by far) my favorite hilarious canceled fight circumstance ever, finally fight for real maybe

The best part of all that was Vitor being the only person involved who didn't fail a drug test.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The target audience for Pancrase shows is apparently people to whom Branko Cikatic is a relevant name. I'm glad Joe Silva put them on fight pass.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

B League MMA: I think that it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat her without mercy

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Captain Log posted:

100%. Add a safe thrusting component to this sport and I'm all over it.

- Cody Garbrandt

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Xerzes posted:

So Bellator shows don't get their own gdt?

we can only get like 4 pages of posts on off-hour UFC fight night threads, why would there be more than 10-20 posts on some tape delay bullshit from the dollar store knockoff UFC?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't want to see Vitor in the UFC anymore but it would be okay if he took a whole bunch of steroids again and humiliated people in Bellator or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

coconono posted:

I'd seriously enjoy the idea of a baneweight fighting class where all chemicals are legal and publically declared. Let Vitor and all the other aging fightdudes wreck each other like a hosed up super soldier proving grounds.

Still holding out for Vitor versus Fedor in Rizin, though Fedor has already ducked him once