Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I bet each of these respective b-league organizations are surprised that someone has put this much thought into their roster and niche in the sport.

DumbWhiteGuy fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

EvanSchenck posted:

I don't know if this goes in the B-league thread or what but I just read that Jon Fitch moved to the opposite side of the country to take a day job teaching MMA at a gym in Syracuse, NY, and I didn't see it posted in any of the other threads. Maybe I missed something, maybe not.

Wasn't he complaining a while back about needing more money from the UFC because he had to make payments on two houses in CA?

I kind of think he's just going off the deep end or something

quote:

I don't have a Facebook, and the last thing I'll say is everyone else should cancel their Facebook, because it's criminally spying on us and it's helping the government spy on us. The owner of that organization is a horrible person who is promoting fracking and putting a lot of money into poisoning our country. Basically, in my opinion, he hates children. Anyone who supports fracking is a child hater. I just want to put that out there.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I heard the whole "Go fight in WSOF" line but just assumed that was typical Dana bullshit and that we were going to see him in the UFC soon.

I could just imagine Joe Silva salivating at the thought of throwing him in there with all the wrestleboxers at 170 too.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Some b-league news!

Holly Holm is close to signing with the UFC.

This is cool and I hope it happens soon

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

1st AD posted:

Redondo Beach is too far for me to drive to right now can one of you LA goons take care of this?

loney buff girl needs a date - send in the goons

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

How a gasoline-drinking accident led Alex White to a promising MMA career

I mostly just thought the headline was funny.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I do but it's not going to be available on the web until this weekend and I'm torn on whether I'd rather have a nearly 10 year old reel that isn't HD or roll the dice on the other replies for pro bono work being able to shore up a new one.

Right now I'm more focused on finding people who need me more than I need them so AMCP and the Salaverry Gym might be aiming too high, I also mentioned that the offer is open to any individual fighters or trainers who needed video work. Salaverry's youtube page hasn't uploaded anything since 2011 or something though so there might be a chance there.

Basically I'm trying balance my degree and willingness to relinquish rights to footage against my dude-off-the-streetness in order to get a camera on something that isn't going to put me to sleep, even if it isn't MMA related.

Show The Reem videos to DJ and see if you can stalk him for awhile and do that

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Other than him turning out to be a creeper, what the flaming gently caress happened to him? He used to be considered a legit top 5 p4p guy.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Pretty cool knee right here

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Looks like this dude fights on the Bellator PPV this weekend.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Thompson isn't good enough for Bellator

JT has an even shot at beating Kongo for sure

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Yuriy posted:

i hope adriano moares ends up in the ufc in a fight or two, dude looked slick

onefc is looking for a microphone that works, they're 0 for 3 but keep replacing mics despite that not being the problem

also i like jason chambers as commentary he's real good imo

Jason Chambers used to do Bellator and he was cool back then too. And I still wish they would bring back Human Weapon, that show was cool.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Gregor Samsa posted:

Incidentally, I wonder how many people have noticed that ONEFC could also stand for ONE FAILED CAREER. At this rate" "ONEFC after another" would probably be a more appropriate name for the organization.

drat

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

coconono posted:

gently caress it, I'll eat a weeks probation if the cops take Warmachine alive.

This is how it's done, ladies and gentlemen

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Her. You'd think you'd be able to get that right since you're such an expert at being a massive human being.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The irony of this post is incredible

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

War Machine, also known as Jonathan Koppenhaver, was invited to his then girlfriend, Christy Mack, also known as Christine Mackinday's house. He showed up early to her house he was invited to, used a key SHE gave him to enter and found another man with her in bed. He ended up fighting the man as she grabbed a knife. He fought for his life and defended himself accordingly.

It all sounds so innocuous when you put it that way. Let's just call the whole thing a funny mishap and let bygones be bygones.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

too bad the police won't give war machine a fair shake, i want to know how war machine was fighting for his life after assaulting two people who were asleep and allegedly threatening to kill one of them once he found the perfect knife. pavia's right, it just feels like there is some element of truth on war machine's side of the story that we haven't learned yet.

I think the big misconception here is that he thought fighting a dude in your former girlfriend's apartment isn't illegal. Once she pulled the knife out though, that was definitely illegal so he had to defend himself. A pretty common and hilarious mixup, I would say. Also he rubbed her vagina because she probably had something dirty on it, like a piece of lint or something. Who knows the whole story anyway. And maybe at some point, she was taking a nap on the floor, and he saw a mouse and was trying to kick it and accidentally kicked her in the ribs several times. Sometimes these things happen in MMA.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

If this is a reputable source, the big news is actually that Bellator is scaling back operations by a lot and only going to have 15 or 16 shows next year. They've done 13 shows this year so far (haven't had an event since July) and were on pace for about 25, same as last year I'd say.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Scott Coker is going to spend more than ever with Viacom behind him, I don't think cutting costs is in his gameplan, rebuilding Bellator's image is his main challenge is probably why Eddie Alvarez got released

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If this is a reputable source, the big news is actually that Bellator is scaling back operations by a lot and only going to have 15 or 16 shows next year. They've done 13 shows this year so far (haven't had an event since July) and were on pace for about 25, same as last year I'd say.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Tim Sylvia has been watching a lot of Danny DeVito movies lately and is now convinced he is pregnant.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Oh my god

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS. this is the last thing i see before i go back to bed and i will have such beautiful dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gIbWE_PEjQ

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Didn't Coker used to try to stay out of the limelight to an extent? I believe he used to say he wouldn't be between fighters during weigh-in faceoffs because he wanted the focus to be on the fighters. And now he's attempting to do mic work for the cheesiest pro wrestling poo poo in MMA.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Coker's in on it :tinfoil:

I'm not trying to add fuel to this theory, but Tito and Stephan are fighting on the same night as UFC 180 with Cain and Werdum in Mexico City. I am probably reading too far into this, but this could be some kind of a latino-specific counterprogramming move.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

MMA Junkie posted:

Jason Jordan has been named the promotion’s COO, Bellator recently announced. He will report to newly named President Scott Coker in his role.

According to a release from Bellator, Jordan will be responsible for financial and operations roles, as well as corporate strategy, business development, human resources and staffing.

Jordan has a pair of degrees from Stanford – a masters degree in Operations Research and bachelors degree in economics.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Not obtained: degree in choosing appropriate hairstyles

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie joins Bellator as national brand ambassador

This is just bizarre. This sounds like a Chuck Liddell kind of job, but Bellator isn't really making a ton of money so I don't get it.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

MMAJunkie has a video with Miguel Torres talking a little bit about how he lost his way after he got a little bit of fame. Kind of sad because he was so good for a long time and he wasn't a contender at all once his division got big.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Yuriy posted:

RIP Miguel Torres

He had a good run. He got to the very top, let up off the gas, had his chin destroyed by Brian Bowles, tried to drastically change his style, and by then the new wave of BWs had evolved past him. He's a really good example of how quickly this sport evolved in about 5 years and having to work extra hard once you get the belt instead of just coasting.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

CommonShore posted:

I'd argue that he got his chin destroyed by Bowles because he changed his style. When I first started following him the hype was on his jits, but somewhere around the time he fought Mizugaki he decided that he was actually a striker, and that brawling was cool, and he turned into a smaller, mulletier Chris Leben, without the necessary chin credentials.

You are right that he had a ton of hype about his grappling but he was still striking a lot before Mizu. I'm too lazy to look it up, but his Maeda fight had a lot of striking if I remember correctly. I'd say he was pretty well-rounded before he switched everything after Bowles.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Really Miguel is an example of what your career looks like when you have terrific offense but awful defense in every area. Striking, wrestling, jiujitsu, that's pretty much how it went.

http://gfycat.com/GrimElectricAmericanbulldog

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Is this man, a manager of fighters with UFC contracts, aware that he looks like a homeless hobo talking to a nudge at night court?

I'm glad someone else understood how many layers of weirdness were in this picture because there are a few

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

90 seconds, jeez

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

yeah. as a long time and lonely fitch fan: he's done. If he didn't have knee problems before he's certainly gonna have them now.

Rousimar is a scary retarded tree stump but if he submits Jake Shields he should probably be signed back to UFC. Likewise if Shields beats him then he should be given another shot.

Unless Shields has learned how to strike, I don't think the UFC wants him back. Likewise, Rousimar is dumb and specializes in moves that disable other people on the roster so I don't think they want him either. Let them chill and get paid in the b leagues.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

willie_dee posted:

I want to know why more fighters are not attempting to attack the leg with submissions. BJJ now doesn't work traditionally anymore in MMA and Nate's fight last night showed that but it's certainly working on the aggressive side for Rousimar.

They are hard to train because you can cripple your training partner, and by committing both of your hands to their foot you can't defend yourself from punches

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Could someone give this some context because I don't know who he is.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

He's a pro wrestler luchadore guy who had a nine-year MMA run that included getting his poo poo wrecked by Cro Cop while wearing his mask. He hasn't fought since 2010 and has fought almost entirely cans, so he's the kind of guy for Coker to pay lots of money.

Oh i thought he'd be a real dude or something

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Good evening lebs and gentleman. Of course I’m Tito Ortiz. Welcome to press conference for the future of Cristina uh Santos Cyborg. My company Primetime 360 that we started literally last year and I wanna just work on the future of MMA fighters. So the last 15 years of my career, I worked very hard to be as most diligent as possibly could of the future of my career. So now it’s time to work for the future of OTHER people’s careers. With of course my partner George Prejean and Tony and of course our client Cris Cyborg.

I wanted to work on the future of her career. People wanted to see her in the UFC fight at 135 which is literally impossible for her to happen to make that weight. And we’ll show you tonight the reason this is going to happen. But the future of her career and fighting career is in my hands and my hands are as solid around her as possibly and to make sure the future of her fight career no matter what is as successful as possible and tonight we’re going to show that. Uh So we’ve actually worked very hard of working for uh Cris’s future of what she’s gonna be doing of her fighting and we have her fight actually will be happening in April.

Uh, so before that actually uh, I wanted to let everyone know and to reconize for a woman to cut down to a weight 135 were she's been cutting down to 145 to make the weight actually happen. I want all you guy'ses to see, she's in fight shape already right now. She's getting ready for the fight like I say in april 5th. Um, Cris can you please step up and step on the scale. I just want you guys to show you guys

And I got 1:36 in.

Merry Christmas to us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

fatherdog posted:

You really don't need to read this article; the title is plenty

Tito Ortiz claims UFC 180 did 80K PPV buys, and he fought Bonnar with one eye

:ortiz:

quote:

“I had a blood vessel that broke in my eye three weeks prior to the fight,” he said. “I thought it was going to go away, but it didn’t go way, and I couldn’t spar for three weeks.

“I just went out and fought with my heart. I was in good enough shape to do my cardio and my focus mitts, and we wrestled a little bit, but that was it.”

“I fought great enough to get enough to get a win, and that’s all I had to do,” he said. “I kicked Stephan Bonnar’s rear end with only one eye.”