Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
we have the traditional Fight Festival this weekend here in Helsinki and few "name fighters" are present.

In the mainevent former UFC-fighters Lucio "Spartan" Linhares takes on Logan "The Pink Pounder" Clark

Here's my interview with Clark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osnRZYvHHIk

and in the co-mainevent Chase "The Rage" Beebe takes on former Cage Warriors title contender Joni Salovaara

Here's Chase talking about the fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHm0VM4BXZo

(hopefully i will not get banned for posting my interviews)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Yeah he is actually a english teacher and owns a vegetable delivery business in Minnesota.. Cool dude

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Hey dude interested about doing mma videos just wanted to tell you to go for it.. Last january me and my buddy decided to start doing mma postfight interviews and upcoming fight card breakdowns and now one year later we are pretty over in finnish mma scene..promoters are actually approaching us to do their shows and we have a really nice following.. So go for it bro :)

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

According to Dave Doyle on the tweeter, she punch-kicked Randa Markos pretty handily for the first two rounds, but nearly got caught in an armbar in the third. He hopes both can make it to the TUF 20 house.

(I enjoyed watching her Muay Thai highlights while writing up my preview of that fight for Championship Rounds)

Hey lobster you should check out Tina Lähdemäki from Finland... She is a really solid fighter 5-0 fighter who in her last fight choked out Karla Benitez

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Bellator is in discussion with Alberto Del Rio according to Scott Coker.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/23/7438867/bellator-in-talks-with-former-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio

quote:

Could Rodriguez return to MMA with Bellator next? Coker likes the idea.

"He's had a lot of great MMA fights and I just think that would be a fun time to see him fight some of the guys we have on our roster," Coker said.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Aoki won by Twister and then gave everybody double birds as he walked away from the ring.

http://gfycat.com/FamousSpiritedAnnashummingbird

https://vine.co/v/OwpnYMDYMUI

CroCop won via TKO(headkick and punches)

https://vine.co/v/Owpttp0zOtD

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
But the greatest thing that the show gave is was this:

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Next card for CXBstreams will be ZST 43 from 11.23.14 because ZST is the BST.

I don't know anything about this card because if I look, I will spoil it for myself.

Maybe Friday 1/2/15 sometime? Maybe Sunday 1/4/15 sometime. Stay tuned in #mma for further updates and discussion.

Is this Tag Team MMA by any chance?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
The clearance thing apparently was not weight related.

quote:

@MikeBohnMMA: Cox on Sylvia: "because of his age he had to do a lot of meds at last minute...needed a stress test, MRI, EKG, eye, blood and physical."

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
On cheap seats Greg Savage said that Lashley has injured his hand, and is out of JT fight. Replacement is King Mo

TheCool69 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 8, 2015

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Brazilian organization XFC started this year by cutting 15 fighters including two champions

Deivison Ribeiro (FW champ), Pearl Gonzalez (FlyW champ), Ryan Thomas, Eric Reynolds, Cortey Casey, Andrea Lee, Stephanie Skinner, Angelica Chavez, Andy Nguyen, Dave Courchaine, Daniel Swain, Jeremy Severn, Stephen Bass, Ladarious Jackson and Dejuan Hathaway.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Dave Herman got arrested after a police chase.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-and-bellator-vet-dave-herman-arrested-after-police-chase?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

According to an incident report issued by the Dekalb County Sheriff Department, Herman was speeding on I-69 with no headlights or taillights on. When officers attempted to pull him over, Herman initially refused to pull over before finally stopping at a gas station, the report states.

According to the report: “David exited his vehicle and approached Officers in an aggressive manner. David was given multiple warnings to get on the ground and failed to comply. David had to be tased in order to be taken into custody. An infant and adult female were also present in the vehicle.”

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
apparently Thompson turned down the fight

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Fitch failed a drug test

quote:

The California State Athletic Commission today said onetime UFC and WSOF welterweight title challenger Jon Fitch (26-7-1) was flagged for an “adverse result” following a pre-fight drug test in connection with this past December’s WSOF 16.

The CSAC, which oversaw the Dec. 13 event at McClellan Conference Center in Sacramento, Calif., performed a CIR test on Fitch’s urine sample and confirmed the result. The commission declined to name the substance for which he was flagged. However, multiple sources close to the fighter indicated the test found elevated levels of testosterone.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/jon-fitch-fails-post-wsof-16-drug-test-faces-fines-and-suspension/

This is just unbeliavable. I guess everybody is juicing...

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I found this.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Phil Davis signed to Bellator

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

haha apparently the fight is off now, Dantas wouldn't agree to fight him unless he agreed to come in under a certain weight tomorrow and Richman wouldn't do it.

Halsey and Grove are still gonna fight, but if Halsey defends successfully his title gets vacated :laffo:

More on the title fight. Instead of making it a non-title like usually, IF Grove wins he gets the belt.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Cody McKenzie is fighting this weekend in Sweden. Here he is at the weigh-ins

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
If anybody was wondering, Cody lost a decision to David Bielkheden. He tried the guillotine few times but failed

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Since this the Bellator thread.. Mike Richman got popped

quote:

@sherdogdotcom: Multiple sources confirm Mike Richman tested positive for anabolic steroid following Bellator 137. Story coming soon to Sherdog.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

attackmole posted:

Kimbo vs. [eventually not] Shamrock was the first MMA card I ever watched live. Seems quaint looking back on it, but when you're a dumbass teenager raised on watching terrible streetfights on lovely pre-youtube video clip websites Kimbo had some serious appeal.

No need to be shamed for being a Kimbo mark. We all have been there somepoint in our life

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Cage Warriors is making a comeback

http://tinyurl.com/qzqgwtb

quote:

"It's good for the sport if Cage Warriors gets back in full swing, which I'm pretty confident it will very soon, so these guys will have somewhere to go and so the bigger shows a year from now have the future Conor McGregors and future Joannas [Jedrzejczyk] and future Joe Duffys and Nicolas Dalbys and Tom Breeses because where are they going to come from, how are they going to develop if there's no shows if after only five, six months of Cage Warriors sitting on the shelf?," he asked.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Karim Zidan(writer for BloodyElbow) tweeted out this about the Fedor rumours

quote:

@ZidanSports: Hearing rumblings from Russia that Fedor is truly coming back. Nothing official yet. Stay tuned.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

1st AD posted:

She's skilled relative to her competition but not really good at all. Of course this is bantamweight so she could be fighting Ronda Rousey in 6 months.

I just got home and am browsing results and lol Kankaanpaa lost to a really bad fighter. Who was it here that ranked her int he top 10 despite her looking like poo poo in every fight ever and failing to take down and submit Joanne Calderwood. Because y'all look real dumb right now.

Dont watch fights brah

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

1st AD posted:

Kankaanpaa didn't execute any actual offense on the ground in the first 2 rounds.

She just announced that she is retiring so you win this one buddy.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Fighter gets knocked out in OneFC and passes out backstage. What happens next is one of the shitties stories i've read in a while

https://m.facebook.com/613408297/posts/10154368918868298/

quote:

Doctors of Public hospital arrived around 11am and get into a meeting with my cornermen. Announcing the CT scan should have been done as soon as possible after the fight, bleeding of the brain can be fatal after a KO) and that it has to be done asap but they have NO CT SCAN here. WTF!!!

quote:

My cornermen took the decision to transfer me to a private wing of the hospital without waiting for a reaction of OneC who is visibly not interested in my desperate situation (Most of the ONEC crew already flew back to Singapore, there is no OneC staff anymore in Indonesia)

I was transferred to the Emergency Room of the private wing at 12.30pm and the CT Scan was finally done at 3pm. More than 15H AFTER THE FIGHT...

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Why couldnt it have been Stephen Quadros..

I miss the Fight Professor

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Well if you want to be depressed read about Monson now. He is a subject of a new book and MMAjunkie did a interview with the writer

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/new-book-beast-details-daniel-straus-title-struggles-jeff-monsons-detached-retina

quote:

Monson’s struggles to continue his career well into his 40s provide memorable scenes.

Merlino reveals Monson suffered a detached retina, effectively costing him vision in one eye and impacting his depth perception.

“Monson still thought there was a big win out there ahead of him,” Merlino wrote. “The next Abu Dhabi grappling championship tournament was in 2015: If he could win it a third time, that might be it. Or maybe, he thought, he could get back in the UFC. To do that, he realized, he needed to string some wins together.

“But if he couldn’t do that, then what? There was no retirement in this job. He wasn’t going to be like some of the guys now, leaving with money; he’d gotten into it too early. He’d made thirteen thousand dollars when he fought for the UFC title in 2006. Now, he was blind in one eye and could barely sit down.

“Seventeen years, almost seventy fights. He tallied it up. All the bouts, all the grappling, the seminars, the trips here and there, the interviews, the posing for pictures, the injuries: All he had was a small piece of property in Nicaragua and a 2003 Acura sedan.”

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

She's preparing for her debut so you'd have to assume that she's doing at least debut level stuff. She posts her striking drills on Instagram and poo poo. Who knows though, like you say. MMA is a tough game

We actually interviewed her for our magazine last year and she said that at the time UFC had approached her multiple times, but she was hesitant to commit because of her striking. She mentioned that she doesnt know "how a strike feels" and has only been sparring with headgear on.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I'm sad that nobody is talking about Rizin 1 that is happening this sunday.

Mf Fujita in the mainevent!!!
Gabi vs 125lb Russian Girl
Cruikshank vs some fool
Saku and Wandy in a TAG TEAM GRAPPLING MATCH!!!

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Has Gabi beat up a housewife yet?

The match was very disturbing.. Gabi mercifully ended it in the second round with an armbar..

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
The sad saga of Jeff Monson continues...

quote:

A little over 30 seconds into his scheduled fight against Ivan Shtyrkova in Yekaterinburg, Russia, Monson dragged the fight to the ground but was unable to move his arm because of an injury sustained a month earlier. He felt his bicep tear as he kept a hold of Shtyrkova. At that point, he decided to surrender and limit the damage to his arm.

"When they went to the ground, even though that's his speciality, he felt the muscle tear further and couldn't fight from his normally strongest position,"Monson's manager and press secretary, Marshall Comins told BloodyElbow. "At that point he decided not to go further."

Monson had originally hoped to withdraw from the scheduled fight when he got injured last month. However, it appears the promoter urged Monson to try his best to remain on the fight card.

"Jeff severely injured his bicep a month ago while training in Saint Petersburg. He talked to the promoter about bowing out of the fight, and the promoter asked Jeff to reconsider. He reluctantly agreed.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/7/11615846/jeff-monson-loses-fight-in-russia-after-promoter-urges-him-to-compete

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

that's true and we really don't have to worry about him fighting himself retarded because he's already there, however it might indicative of some larger athletic commission problems

Coker commented on this

quote:

I think that maybe we jumped the gun a little bit,” Coker said. “We went and talked to Matt and said, ‘Hey, are you OK?’ and he felt that he was fine. But along with the other fighters that fight on these cards, we’re going to take them through the proper medical tests. The commission will be getting involved, and we’ll see what their position is and make a determination on what happens from here.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Rizin announced a three event 16-man openweight GP.

CroCop,Silva,Fujita are part of the GP

Starts on 26 of september and ends on 31 december

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

vainman posted:

I hope fights koreshkov soon. That would be rad

That will never happen

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
The Sensational Mackenzie Dern made her MMA-debut tonight and won in a very dominating fashion against her 0-0 opponent who seemed to have insane flexibility in her arms.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Memento posted:

That's a fair effort, missing by 10% of your body weight.

And the fight was already a catchweight bout...

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Everybodys favorite psycopath Alex Emelianenko will be released to parole only after year into his 4.5y sentence of raping a woman.

He is looking into returning to the Cage later this year. Probably on EFN...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/27/13434760/alexander-emelianenko-released-three-years-early-on-parole-plans-to-fight-in-2016

TheCool69 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 27, 2016

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Ariel reporting that Bader vs Davis is tapped for that card as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Larkin vs Lima for the belt is also on that card