Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Meat Recital posted:

poo poo, I had completely forgotten about Bibiano Fernandez. Please come to the UFC Bibi.

He won't because of money. He'd undoubtedly make more money in the UFC but he fights for the biggest contractually guaranteed purses so he can provide for his family no matter what. It's a bit of an unusual view but he has a unique perspective because his mother died when he was a kid, his father couldn't afford to provide for him and abandoned him, and he ended up spending years living hunting in the jungle as a boy.

So unless they wave a contract structured PRIDE style, he's going to be fighting in weird places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t73zZWHDN3w

Ian "The Machine" Freeman

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
HOW DID IT ESCAPE ME THAT PUDZ/MCCORKLE II IS TODAY???

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Did McCorkle gas harder than the purple man or was it a down the toilet decision.

I still didn't bother to watch it but am reliably informed that McCorkle gassed first and it was a 2 round decision.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Well, this is an odd one. Remember that Korean guy that was supposed to fight Nick Diaz a million years ago on the Frank Shamrock/Cung Le card, but ended up getting guillotined in seconds by Drew Fickett? He just retired Mach Sakurai, but wasn't even supposed to be fighting.

Mach was holding his own event and was supposed to fight Shamar Bailey. Naturally he wasn't going to make weight, so he negotiated a catchweight and then also blew that, so Bailey refused the fight. Jae Suk Lim was there to corner someone else, borrowed some shorts and won by TKO.

A weird ending to an equally weird career. Thanks for killing Trigg and Aoki, enjoy getting fatter than ever.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

what was the catchweight and how badly did he blow it?

the contracted weight was 170, Mach came in at 174, agreed a catchweight of 172 and couldn't do it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
today I saw a poster with prolific loser of fights Pawel Nastula advertising e cigarettes so that smokers can lose their fight also, and buy a toy in the process

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I met Mamed Khalidov at a cinema, and through a combination of sign language and bad Polish said thanks for the time he KO'd Santiago from his back, or was pretending to be a turtle who loves Hitler depending on your interpretation. He laughed and nodded. Further, he's much smaller than I expected and was dressed like a sailor for some reason.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I was over there, and I'm not sure I could have a sign language conversation about JT without taking him down, which would be rude

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

origami posted:

Aleks had a fight earlier this week and apparently had a controversial loss:
http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/20057-aleks-emelianenko-accused-of-attacking-63yr-old-man

He's been arrested and they're trying to replace him. Apparently the people running the show are rich as gently caress and love losing money, so one of the people they're trying to coax into the ring is Fedor.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Yeah I don't think there's a way in hell it happens unless he's squandered all his money away building whites only churches. I'm interested in seeing just how lovely the Russian heavyweight they eventually find is though.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Who is they and do you have a phone number? I know a guy that might be intrested.

http://legendashow.com/en/contacts Vladimir Voitekhovskyi I guess

also haahahahahaha

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Never doubt the influence a small group of MMA nerds can have on the upper echelons of B league HW MMA. JT won't be fighting CroCop or for Legends this year.

Did I mention that JT likes to have time to prepare for things?

I can't tell if you're talking in code or not

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Remember the rumoured Crocop/Ishii NYE fight? It's now Fujita/Ishii, and even though they claim it's MMA rules, it's for a pro wrestling title.

Looks like I don't have to get up at 8am on new year's eve unless Glory really want to lose money.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

1st AD posted:

Bob Meyrowitz literally blew off Dana's invite to this week's UFC show because "I had a family thing."

hosed up that someone could value their family over a pit full of sweating Iowans playing Twister.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
dear rheinhold, sergei is struggling with his clothing whilst eye of the tiger plays RIGHT NOW

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Yuriy posted:

formerly fat sergei

he came in at a slim 267lbs for this fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

the ref waived the fight off, then sergey cracked the dude.

it was good. also you missed sergei get knocked down in the first.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that would be a loving awful waste of talent, it would be really shameful if that happened

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I heard the whole "Go fight in WSOF" line but just assumed that was typical Dana bullshit and that we were going to see him in the UFC soon.

the whole idea was that if he beats some ufc castoffs and is no longer a "bellator guy" then any success he had in the ufc wouldn't legitimse bellator, and as a result one of the best and most unique wrestlers in the sport is going to fight phil baroni and some guy from guam with one eye and one leg

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

that is the best video because marcelo hits the loving secret move

hahahaha marcelo owns

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The lovely MMA portion of the NYE Inoki card now boasts the following matches:

Shinya Aoki vs TBA
Satoru Kitaoka vs Ramazan Esenbaev
Phil de Fries vs Brett Rogers
Minowaman vs a fat 0-0 pro wrestler

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I don't know if it's on Netflix or whatever but I recently saw a kind of funny MMA movie from Hong Kong on a flight. It's all choreographed like this and has insane amounts of fouls and taekwondo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVJo5WBqw0

It tries to be extremely serious and dramatic but isn't very good at it. Also one of the main characters is just some guy who signed up for a pro fight and has no training, so he gets the training montage which is entirely boxing and then his coaches are like "your fight is in 2 weeks, so it's time you learned some submissions". It's very telling about the region's perception of MMA.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

coconono posted:

It seems like the last time Palhares was in trouble they trotted out the "he's seeing a sports psychologist"

It takes a long time to get the square peg in the square hole, step off

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I saw the Struve fight, he got beat twice IIRC, pretty horrid UK reffing

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Also spectacular piece of poo poo Maiquel Falcao will be fighting on Oplot 100 tomorrow

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
All four of the Bellator HW tournament first round fights PLUS an Eric Prindle fight are on the second card of the season :getin: insanely pumped to see Mighty Mo sweat profusely again

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
It's funny that the guy who would absolutely 100% die in the ring somehow gets work that stops him from having to do that in Japan of all places

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope it's one of those quick takedown affairs and not the other kind

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.gringosuperfight.com/site/index.php

an organisation called "Gringo Super Fight" is staging Cyborg/Manhoef 2 in April, which is sure to be a crushing disappointment for all involved

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
as far as I'm concerned Gringo Super Fight is the de facto #2 promotion in MMA

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
usually people only get half in the divorce, but Cyborg took literally everything from him, good for her

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's not a journalist's job to be nice to mma because it has generalised anxiety disorder because that big bully john mccain said mean things in 1997

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1990285-how-russian-president-vladimir-putin-changed-one-mma-fighters-life

I don't have the gif of Anthony Ruiz vs Gan McGee anymore, but needless to say Putin has great taste

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
credit to Cyborg for getting in there in the first place, but Cyborg fighting actual legit muay thai opponents is such an incredibly loving bad idea for her that it could only have been the product of Tito Ortiz

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/titan-fc-28-card-set-with-raphael-davis-jason-brilz-in-new-main-event/

quote:

Another shuffle was made as D.J. Linderman (15-7) was moved to Titan FC 29 to take on the newly signed Walt Harris (5-3). That left Dave Herman (21-6) without an opponent, and UFC vet Kalib Starnes (16-8-1) was brought in for the matchup.

excuse me

dave herman vs kalib starnes???

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
perhaps do not fight a super hulk champion if you are 0-0

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
less than a week to go until Gringo Super Fight, gentlemen

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
That should be Tom Lawlor's next thing, dress as gladiator man and use the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
oh my loving god, the brazilian commission didn't approve manhoef's medicals, the fight will happen but without oversight. but the tv channel has a deal to only air events overseen by the commission so Gringo Super Fight is some kind of hellish dark ages unwatchable show