Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

ayb posted:

The best stadium in the USA is in Dallas, TX so that's a pretty lovely plan

True but I wouldn't wish Indianapolis, Indiana on anyone traveling from another country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

:negative:

Don't knwo why i thought they were going on about qatar

Australia wasn't trying to host a World Cup in January.

edit: I can't read.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

Why are they not sequential? This is very important to me.

what, you've never laundered money before?

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

If I remember correctly the Atlanta Olympics also had tons of little logistical poo poo go wrong during them as well. Also that was the one where the opening ceremonies had a number featuring cheerleaders and pickup trucks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

What happened to that guy from ages ago who said he was going for the top fifa job and actually looked like he was good for the role? Has blatter murdered him?

iirc he was banned for life. something to do with him being corrupt.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

brazil didnt need to bribe anyone, its a massive country who absolutely love football, and they deserve to host it. russia has the infrastructure but a madman in charge and did deals with qatar so they could both win their bids. Qatar are not a footballing nation, okay fine, that we could all deal with, but so blatantly bribing everyone to get to host it, alongside its love of slavery, is not something anyone should be happy with.

I don't have a problem with Brazil hosting it, but I'm pretty sure when FIFA announced the 2014 World Cup would go to South America, Argentina didn't even make a bid and Colombia withdrew theirs so Brazil won by default.

I'm sure it was a completely legitimate process.

edit:

Sepp Blatter posted:

"Colombia's bid is more of a public relations presentation of the country to say that we are alive not only in other headlines but also in football"

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 13, 2014

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Actually having qualified for a World Cup should be a requirement for hosting.

I always felt like this should be a requirement. And luckily it also keeps North Korea in the running for 2026.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

My Costa Rican friend owes me $100 now that we know Eduardo Li paid for them to advance further than Team Jozy last summer. :argh:

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I swear the voting music is the same music they put on when I tried acupuncture a month ago.

Can't believe we're only at the letter J.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I hope he doesn't get a 2/3 majority and we have to do this all over again.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I too have been waiting excitedly for Qatar

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

¡besame mucho!

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I don't expect Blatter to step down in 4 years.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Drogadon posted:

It has been an infinite amount of time since America promised us to fix corruption and they have nothing to show for it.

The more divisions of time go by the more I feel like America has failed us (and freedom) again. They didn't know what they were getting into and grossly underestimated Sepps power. Thanks Obama for another empty promise.

at least our country has an army.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

ayb posted:

Are those actually counterfeit? they look fairly real

It's been years since I was a bank teller but they fall like stiff one dollar bills would fall, yet they don't fly up in the air like uncirculated ones normally would. I think they're real which is funny because that's a lot of effort and/or practice just to get the bills oily enough to scatter like that. Who would want to pay to print and cut that many reasonably legitimate looking fake one dollar bills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

sassassin posted:

Did you often make it rain while working in a bank?

No, but I've watched people re-enact the ending of Kubrick's The Killing a few times.