Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CubanMissile posted:

And that will amount to what?

A lot of stuff in the Guardian and maybe an EDL demo for our boys from Nepal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The real problem, as shown by the reasons for the corrupt voting for Qatar, is that the people with the power to make Qatar stop killing its slaves through dangerous work are heavily financially benefitted by allowing Qatar to keep killing its slaves.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Australia has the stadiums, transport infrastructure and climate to make a mid year world cup awesome. The only thing Australia doesn't have is a government willing to suspend taxation law and the constitution.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
FIFA lives in that peculiar space with only the ongoing phone hacking scandal as a friend in the 'even Alex Jones was underestimating how big a conspiracy this is' zone.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Modus Trollens posted:

I want both of these to happen

Imagine a USA, Australia, Korea, and Qatar group of death

It will be a group of heat death due to being played in the Saudi Summer.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Antarctica would be a good shout if they moved to 40 teams because if you held it in the Antarctic summer you could play games 24 hours a day without artificial lighting.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
They would probably find some way to make it 10 4 team groups so that Sep's son and Match Accomodation could profiteer even more than expected but saying Surprise 2 more venues to Russia might cause some annoyance.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crazy Ted posted:

128-team knockout tournament.

Single elimination random draw from every national team that shows up. Determine first round byes by those with the lowest fifa ranking getting bye priority.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am impressed they managed to make something more convoluted and incomprehensible than the lines on the rink in ice hockey.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Asia already has 1 more spot than it realistically deserves. At least it makes it even easier for Australia to qualify now.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

oldman posted:

Split the Asian federation!

The should take 2 of Asias slots and give them to oceania, then move Australia back to oceania.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Why? Just move New Zealand to the AFC

I want NZ to qualify and they probably wouldn't make it out of the Asia group stages.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CareyB posted:

nothing worse than dry sandy minge

Frozen sandy minge possibly?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

So what you are saying is Messi, Ronaldo and Zlatan are going to go into Qatar to rescue Arsene Wenger, only for it to all go awry?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DickEmery posted:

What happens if a goalie gets a yellow?

Can't use his hands for 5 minutes

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I will only support him if he changes his name to Jerry Newcastle-Bitter

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CareyB posted:

Dont Fifa make countries change laws on advertising and tax when there's a world cup quite frequently? One of the many reasons they love to send it off to corrupt poo poo holes.

Part of the reason the Australian bid failed so spectacularly is the government said under no circumstances would the world cup be made tax exempt.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

No they're actually just choosing world cup venues based on who bribes them the most.

There are also considerations with planning and zoning regulations because Sepp and his family need to make sure they get all the building contracts.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DickEmery posted:

I'll be dead.

Are you football by any chance?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Akileese posted:

I'm not sure what it says about America that we'll process through a shady bank transaction that not even the Cayman Islands would touch.

The invisible hand of the free market is choking football to death.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

How the gently caress are so many of the people still in position of power?

Because Tajikistan and England have equal voting power on who is the next president of FIFA.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Doesn't Oceania get a pity vote? :(

You get to play a 2 legged knockout tie against South America's 5th place for a shot at a vote!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CareyB posted:

Maybe their shouldn't be an election and FIFA should be run like the business it is?

Or let the fans vote

Danny Dyers Most Dangerous Cup Knockout Competitions

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/refs-miked-up-for-hyundai-a-league-finals/89841

FIFA sec gen sent a letter saying DO NOT loving DO THIS because fifa are cunts

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crazy Ted posted:

Next it will be Qatar paying for the World Cup but it will actually be held in another country.

I have been saying for a while Australia should sell Tasmania to anyone who will take it as is where is.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dkj posted:

Brazilian construction workers have been dying building these stadiums as well.

We haven't even had the great favela purge yet!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

Some players are going to get their poo poo stolen and there are going to be a few protests but other than that the World Cup will be fine.

Black water's Fifa division will make everything safe for foreigners with strong but fair community policing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

I imagine it'd take his entire family down with him too. The shady business contracts hes gifted to sons, nephews and what not.

IIRC his son runs all the hotels in wherever the world cup happens. Not quite as bad as Qatar getting the world cup and Platini's son totally getting a CXX job with a Qatari money pit on merit.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

corpuscollossus posted:

More of a Catch 22. My employer is extorting me under the threat of deportation to work at half the market wage while I slowly bleed to bankruptcy with rising rent and school fees. Salaries are paid in bits and pieces. I can either head home with nothing or hope that the law changes and step into a job that pays more than double. I should probably just cut my losses.

Get out before they stick you in jail for being a poor foreigner.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Screen Error posted:

You have my backing 100% I'll retweet whatever you need

I will retweet but I don't like bananas so I won't eat one and instagram it, sorry.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

corpuscollossus posted:

More of a Catch 22. My employer is extorting me under the threat of deportation to work at half the market wage while I slowly bleed to bankruptcy with rising rent and school fees. Salaries are paid in bits and pieces. I can either head home with nothing or hope that the law changes and step into a job that pays more than double. I should probably just cut my losses.

Seriously get to your nearest consulate and don't leave it without a flight back home.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FIKA, Kronum is the sport of the future

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You forget the other member of the ethics council of wise men who is a literal war criminal.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DickEmery posted:

They literally can't pay the Sunday Times what they want.

Ofcom haven't been that useful in policing such matters in the past.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Mash posted:

I much prefer Bernie to Blatter. They're both corrupt assholes but Bernie isn't actually that harmful to his sport from the point of view of a fan (imagine what happens to F1 when he dies), whereas Blatter is full-on fisting the deceased corpse of football

I would say on Balance Bernie's influence in formula 1 has been positive and has made the sport better for his involvement in it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...0602-39dww.html

Well done FFA

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

Chuck Blazer is a preposterous name I don't believe he's real

My favourite name can't be real international sporting identity is Dick Pound

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CubanMissile posted:

How can African referees collect their bribes if there are challenge flags? [/racism]

Cricket challenges often produce a laughably terrible result so I am pretty sure they could do the same in football

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28357058

Its going to be live on BBC Parliament at half 10

Isn't the government getting involved in football governance a thing that gets you suspended or expelled from fifa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dravs posted:

Honestly I would love it if the likes of Germany, France, Spain, England all left FIFA. It would destroy them like the corrupt bottom feeders they are. As far as I see it the next 2 World Cups in Russia and Qatar are going to be a farce anyway. Might as well salt the earth and start again.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that Michael Garcia corruption report that was due after the world cup? Are we supposed to have forgotten about it?

Yes, I am sure Platini and Beckenbauer are shocked and appalled by the behaviour of Qatar and will leave FIFA to show it.