Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
What about the veils? The dirty old men from FIFA won't be able to see the merchandise before the purchase. It's like the cat in a bag.
Someone should remind them of this.
Also Blatter will be dead before 2022, so he doesn't give a poo poo.

FIFA will probably come to the conclusion at some point that the whole thing was a travesty, and they will make some new regulatory organ that most definitely will stop corruption forever in FIFA. Although this has sadly been discovered to late, and they certainly can't arrange for a new host now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Sure they could. They've done it before.

Yeah of course, but that will be their excuse in 2017/18 when they make their announcement.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
And another article about Quatar and their weird way of "honoring" contracts with their employees.

http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2246

Which includes stuff like this:

FIFPro posted:

The former player for Nancy and Fulham recalls once more: ‘A very few days after training resumed - we were in the middle of training - they came up to see me and said I had to leave the club. I might have taken it for a joke, but I understood right away that the guy who’d come to tell me the news was not joking. I tried to discuss things, to understand, to convince, but there was no room for discussion, nothing to understand and no one to convince as soon as I learned that these were “orders from the Prince”. That was the only explanation I was finally able to get, accompanied, every time I tried to start a dialogue or negotiation, by another sentence that I heard who knows how many times: ”The Prince’s orders are not open to discussion”.’

FIFPro posted:

'But they gave me this parting message: “We are going to do everything we can to make this business drag on, so that you will be waiting for your money as long as possible. Four or five years minimum, we have a lot of influence with FIFA!” Those people don’t respect anything or anyone.’

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Also, 2/3 of deaths are from heart failure, what up with that? They are given a slice of bread and a cup of water daily in 40 C heat?

Pretty sure I read a piece about the native Nepalese being accustomed to living at very high altitudes, and thus the heavy workload at normal altitudes takes a higher toll on their oxygen intake. Which in turn strains the heart because it needs to pump a lot more blood around than usual. Something like that. Blatter will probably "fix" it by only havin the Nepalese dudes to do the roofing.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Lamont Cranston posted:

FIFA would jump at the chance to host the final at the largest stadium in the world even if its previous uses include execution by burning

They would need to find a way to heat the stadium for the new winter WC, and probably brand it as a green energy source.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Dravs posted:

The report will never be released as it would spell the end of the FIFA gravy train and they would not have that. At best you can hope for a heavily doctored version.

Garcia would still have the original he submitted. If FIFA allows the full report to be shown, it might as well be his version? If they release a doctored version he will definently say something, and FIFA will look even worse(if that's possible)

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Can't wait for the feds to uncover Blatter hiding in a hole somewhere in rural Switzerland grasping a bag of money and a deflated jabulani. Everyone beneath him has been indicted or arrested, no doubt they are more than willing to indulge the feds with direct info which he can be arrested for.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Dravs posted:

Highly unlikely because 1. He is head of UEFA not FIFA, and 2. he doesn't take bribes in money, he gets them in political "favours". For example for his Qatar vote he took the Qatar delegate to the palace to dine with Nicholas Sarkozy where they agreed Qatar invest shitloads into French football and French business.

(details probably not precise, someone can probably clarify a bit better)

He takes bribes in the form of paintings though

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...world-cup-vote/

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

"Persons unknown" duuun duuun duuun

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Lladre posted:

You're talking about Wall Street CEO's now?

We are talking about how evil Blatter is, and how we all hope he will fall off a stage and die this time.
Everyone with the transfer-legal-mumbo-jumbo should gtfo and look towards the finance thread IMO.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Why the heck would I troll about this subject? I mean I know many people who posted here only posted here because of some ridiculous patriotic USA! USA! thing when the initial (for those posters) news broke about FIFA being corrupt. But still. This is a subject I'm genuinely passionate about, and while the joke among every single football fan alive was 'blatter is a oval office' most of us now realise he's actually got the interests of the sport at heart, not personal financial gain. Unlike most of the Americans involved in the organisation.

International organisation corrupt, breaking news.

Blatter helped change the face of international football for the better. He made sure world cups were played in Asia and Africa. His vision for football was solid. Has been solid. Unfortunately for him the people around him, who I'm pretty sure he had little say over, did what most capitalist cunts do in similar positions.

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

Blatter is not at fault and I'll be proved right on this eventually.

This reminds me of ethics class in Uni where I had to argue in defense of Mengele's experiements.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Apparently Blatter almost died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34898229

Next quote from him will be that he met Jesus, and Jesus told him he was destined to save football this christmas.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
But the real question emerge.. Who will handle the balls

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

greazeball posted:

They've not renewed EA Sports' license and starting in 2023 the FIFA video game will be made by FIFA.

Several non-simulation games are already in production! I'm sure it's gonna be great, and I'm sure we're gonna love EA Sports FC.

I’m guessing whichever nation buys the most FIFA Ball Game Booster Pack Ultimate Ultra™ packs wins the World Cup host nation

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Nuclear Spoon posted:

hey what if we held the u17 world cup EVERY year and also we held it in the same place every time

https://twitter.com/FIFAcom/status/1768314114433024347

Apparently FIFA announced to member countries on the 15’th November last year that any members who’s interested in hosting the next u17 wc, should do so within 3 weeks. No mention of a 5 year deal in the FIFA announcement.

Denmark wrote them after 1 week, and got a confirmation of the bid. FIFA would return later on regarding the bid.

Denmark never heard anything from FIFA, until last week where they publicly announced Qatar & Morocco would host it the next 5 years.

Ekstra Bladet(danish newspaper) has asked FIFA the following questions, but has yet to receive a response.

Why do you choose to hold the final rounds in a country that violates human rights?

What considerations have you made about being part of Qatar's sports washing?

How much money do you receive from Qatar to hold the World Cup with them?

You want to spread football even more. Wouldn't it be better to hold the finals in different countries?

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/landsholdsfodbold/fifa-haengte-dbu-til-toerre/10177221

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
FIFA has always been corrupt bastards, but at least for the last WC they were being questioned, and scrutinised for their choices.

It’s worrying that they are now just doing it quite blatantly and gives zero fucks.

I guess we are back to the old discussion, that the only thing which would actually work is if the top10 teams would pull out and start their own association.