Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
With all their limitless money couldn't they just build subterranean stadiums? gently caress, hosting it in Qatar is stupid enough, lets make it the mole world cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Yeah but if you look in the malls they have vending machines that sell actual gold bars!!!! How can that be a failed nation state?!?!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
If only loving Henry Ford hadn't commercialized the internal combustion engine, this is all his loving fault.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ninpo posted:

Are you being a dick for a reason?

read the torah brah

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

vaginal culture posted:

Qatar sucks rear end but the winter world cup is a solid idea. Who wants to be sitting inside watching TV in the summer? Not me.

thats why you rig up your tv outside and chill w/ brews in the sun watching the might of Chad take on East Timor, or go to a bar and sit in the beer garden and do the same

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Wirth1000 posted:

I thought Tim Roth was respectable.

yeah and now his bank balance is even more respectable

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
By 2018, it will be.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Not only did Russia fail to show its emails, it actually blamed Google for not being able to access them. loving capitalist yankees.

Good lord, this whole thing is preposterous.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
It buys a hell of a lot of fun for the bid team too, hanging out in the Caribbean at £35k parties all the time.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
"Look, we can take all this money and go to Trinidad and Tobago and drink cocktails out of coconuts and hang out by a bunch of guys playing steel drums and eat just the tastiest lobsters that have ever been cooked, or we can take this money to Uzbekistan."

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I can't believe this is actually happening.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Would it actually be worse if all those slaves that already died died making stadiums for a world cup that never actually happens?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Dunban posted:

Either he deleted it or this is fake

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
im glad montserrat has been given an equal vote

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
everythings coming up figo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Sepp Blatter: “We need a limitation on mandates and terms of office. I have fought for these changes but my efforts have been counteracted.”

lmao

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Jack Warner is having a huge cackle.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
are we going to get a downfall esque sequel to united passions now

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i would like to see serbia vs turkey in oakland

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
nigeria versus costa rica in the *googles* georgia dome, dozens of cops rolling on the floor in agony with cramped index fingers

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Brian Blessed has to be the frontrunner to play Blazer.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
only fifa could kill fifa

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
dont be surprised when suddenly every promising u-18 brazilian player suddenly finds out about a qatari great-great-great granddad they didnt know about pretty soon

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
remember when russia made this

and still came out ahead of qatar in deaths three and a half years before their world cup

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
good job qatar is going to make magic clouds that stop all that heat so bhutan can go mental against wales in the 48 team thunderdome

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Was it wengy who got salty about rory delap and suggested outright banning throw-ins?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

fast cars loose anus posted:

It straddles the same line a lot of Middle Eastern countries do where foreigners can get licenses to buy alcohol for personal use from the state-owned liqour stores, and some hotels can sell to non-Muslims, whereas Muslims are strictly prohibited. They have implied that fans will be allowed to drink, but if I were there and a drinker I'd probably refrain just because of the potential consequences of anything I did while drunk being far more sever.

its better than that: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/18/alcohol-cruise-ships-rainbow-flags-what-awaits-fans-at-qatar-world-cup

qatar are literally going to park a couple of cruise ships off the coast and let fans from all nations stay on them and drink

there is no way this can go wrong

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it'll still be better than the inevitable World Cup: The World 2038

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

the sex ghost posted:

Through the power of AI or whatever we will hold a world cup in the metaverse. Somehow players will still get injured

never forget that japan literally promised this when they bid against qatar, and it was somehow still less stupid than qatar saying they'd make artificial clouds