Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Reek posted:

The amazing ideas just keep on coming

This is incredibly small fry in the list of things that are hosed up and wrong about Qatar having the world cup, it's not like it'll be played at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

I forgot is the Mail a reliable source of news?

Non transfer related sport isn't too terrible, much like being in a car crash you survive could have been worse.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Spangly A posted:

Qatar have been well-known to kill slaves to build things for a long, long time. I'd reckon people were focused on the issue of the schedule because it was the only chance any of the FAs would give a poo poo.

Yeah and not just Qatar, the entire region isn't exactly a poster child for labour friendliness. If I recall correctly the UAE human rights record is atrocious as well.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah I think I read something about Egypt and a bunch of Jewish labourers in primary school, could be wrong though.

Are you being a dick for a reason?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ayb posted:

What would it take for all the big footballing nations to back out if fifa and let them have 15 lovely concacaf island nations and 17 middle eastern countries in the world cup

A parallel universe.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
How many football stadiums does each state typically have? Can it be played on an American Football pitch?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hegav posted:

Maradona joining in

Also said that FIFA only cares about business, seems like a lot of the legends is starting to put pressure on FIFA

http://www.inforegion.com.ar/noticia/60006/maradona-no-les-importa-el-futbol-solo-el-negocio

I'm sure FIFA will give lots of fucks about the opinions of people who no longer even play football.

It's great that legends are weighing in and all but lets face it, the likes of Maradonna are hardly beyond reproach and he's got some loving front to criticise corruption in the governing body when you just know he'd be giggling like an idiot in a vat of coke and whores if he was in Blatter's position.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has asked Iranian authorities to end the ban on female football spectators in stadiums.

:thumbsup:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: woops wrong thread

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 10, 2013

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

the sex ghost posted:

I can't wait for the world's best teams to die of heat exhaustion in the Fannydome

Reminder that it'll be a frozen fanny now they're moving it from the summer!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
FootballFacts101 ‏@FootballFact101 25s
British Prime Minister David Cameron has expressed doubts that the 2018 World Cup bidding process was conducted fairly.

He went on to say he's not entirely sure that Qatar has an unblemished human rights record, and perhaps Hitler wasn't a nice person.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

In a move that will surprise no one, FIFA has ruled out moving the 2018 World Cup despite requests to do so. Maybe they can host a group game in Sevastopol.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26691561

Of course they loving have. 2022 will 100% go ahead in Qatar too.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

How many FIFA ethics investigators are there?

A few hundred million.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
*Dusts off Jerry Maguire DVD*

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

dex_sda posted:

yeah no wonder europeans didn't win the last world cup

and there were no games where south americans got curbstomped by european sides either

Germany has a winter break...

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

A scouse finding workers a trigger word? :monocle:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I hope he falls over and breaks his hip and turns up on my list. I'll do it, I'll save football.

I'll help you hide the body

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I could have happily lived the rest of my life without knowing this exists.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Seriously?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Can anyone translate for this ignorant monolingual Englishman?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PerpetualSelf posted:

The Euros were not better than the last World Cup it's not even funny.

Euros are pretty drat boring in fact. Copa America is often more interesting.

Euros need to be majorly restructured if they want to be interesting enough to match the World Cup. Nobody outside of Europe watches that poo poo.

Euros are normally better, the last World Cup was just particularly good.

Though the Euros are now going to be loving poo poo because Platini can't leave well enough alone.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

African AIDS cum posted:

These are Hope Solo's private pics and you should respect that

:vince:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Or Swiss.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Just in time for him to come back in February and not step down.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/22/real-madrid-barcelona-linesman-clasico-match-fixing

That Article posted:

Spanish football faces a potentially huge match-fixing scandal after an unnamed linesman alleged he had been told to favour Real Madrid in next month’s clásico against Barcelona.

The linesman said he did not want to be identified because of concerns over “possible reprisals” but he made a formal complaint through a lawyer to the anti-corruption investigating magistrate in Barcelona in which he claimed to have been told to favour Madrid – first by another official and then, over the phone, by a member of the Spanish Football Federation’s referees’ committee.

:eyepop:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, England shambles aside I enjoyed Euro 2016.

A team outside the usual suspects won it, France were entertaining to watch, it was fun to see Wales get to the semis first time of asking and there were enough decent group games and some good goals. There have been worse Champions League runs.

It's not like Spain one nilling their way to back to back trophies was particularly loving gripping and it's always fun to see an unfancied team take a poo poo on a bigger country.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 7, 2016

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

Keep sending players off until it's 5-a-side imo

Then put jumpers for goalposts on the halfway line

Marvellous, isn't it

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

But guys, what if Spartacus had played football instead?

That's the last thing Andrew Marriner needs.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
*Foghorn Leghorn voice*

Ahmad Ah say Ahmadding up these bribes son and they're just too small

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe they're being investigated for influencing the eventual winners.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

Mong-Joon Chung + Nicolas Leoz + Jack Warner = 1?

What did Joon Chung do?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

Apparently asked for a vote swapping arrangement

Well that explains your insult lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

Here's hoping that includes the FIFA executive team!

E: read that as a "bunch of guys".

I didn't and still thought the same haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

its a recovery drink not an energy drink then ffs

Historically "energy drink" has meant something with glucose in it I thought? They certainly existed like lucozade and lucozade sport before caffeine got chucked into everything.