Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Reminder that FIFA are a NPO and don't pay any taxes.
They are basically a for-profit company except instead of paying out dividends to shareholders they pay out "gifts" to "friends"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ninpo posted:

Yeah and not just Qatar, the entire region isn't exactly a poster child for labour friendliness. If I recall correctly the UAE human rights record is atrocious as well.
Yeah I think I read something about Egypt and a bunch of Jewish labourers in primary school, could be wrong though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If the start date of the 20/21 and 21/22 seasons are pushed back, the players who take part in Euro 2020 will be completely hosed by the time the World Cup takes place. Just one more logistical nightmare for them to handwave away I guess

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hold it in one stadium, 24 hours a day, winner stays on until every team has played. If it's good enough for my childhood it's good enough for FIFA

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I still like the South Korea tantrum more tbh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Countdown to Sepp taking credit...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CareyB posted:

Dont Fifa make countries change laws on advertising and tax when there's a world cup quite frequently? One of the many reasons they love to send it off to corrupt poo poo holes.
It's funny. FIFA can force a country to rewrite laws so that Mastercard get 0.1% more visibility. But outlawing literal slavery isn't worth the effort.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

Trying to figure out why on earth he's just holding up a piece of paper with FIFA on it.

It was in one of Brendan's envelopes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

corpuscollossus posted:

I'm being extorted by my employer and forced to work against my will lol
Hello Cristiano

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Look, if we get three, maybe four more thousand fatalities we are gonna really start taking this poo poo by the horns.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Wasn't that French football player who got trapped in Qatar for like two years white?
Nope he was North African iirc, so "not white enough"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gary Lineker is a good lad just imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mods rename to Ukipflaps

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Peanut President posted:

Care to explain what "ambush marketing" is? Is this like how in 2010 they didn't allow local vendors outside stadiums because "are brand partners"?
If some betting company paid 10 people to wear shirts with a letter on them and then stand together so it said PADDYPOWER

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hegay posted:

WHY WON'T SEPP BLATTER DIE FFS
I understand why people say this but he is still literally one of the least corrupt members of fifa so it's just going to get worse when does go

:rip: football

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reminder that Blatter was actually against Qatar getting the World Cup

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Teddybear posted:

The US is the only country in the world that could hold a World Cup on one month's notice.
haha wrong thread source your quotes etc etc

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The only good things about 94 was the matches were on when it was evening in the civilised world, and the kits were amazing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is this a wind-up?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

It was released in June. As of this date it's only available in Serbia.

Not a joke.
Somehow manages to be the most disgusting Serbian Film

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tbf if they were russian computers...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

You know, the real solution to this is for us to find another sport to watch.
I'd suggest professional wrestling, where the corrupt authority figures are part of the fun and actually get their comeuppance now and again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Makes sense.
Qatari stadiums need bodies in seats, Kim Jong Un is running low on mass graves.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

I loving hate FIFA and hope every member dies in a fire.
This except not "Big" Jim Boyce

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

1994 was the best World Cup

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Just swap the gender of all the virgins on Xbox live and you might be onto something
lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I love Sepp Blatter. He's a genius, like a really good Bond villain. He manages to have more dirt on everyone than they have on him. He even had the foresight to not vote for Qatar because now that's one more thing that makes him look like he's less corrupt than everyone else in FIFA.

Sepp you are my hero

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lovely Queen though

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

#jesuissepp

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sepp has dirt on all the Swiss judges. He's a genius. Sepp for UN president imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sepp can solve the Middle East crisis by just declaring himself president of both Israel and Palestine and uniting everyone in hatred of him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

Only if we force them to play with Israel too.
Move Australia to UEFA in a swap deal with Israel imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A free and independent Cornwall would solve everything imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good point

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hegay posted:

Does anyone really give a poo poo about the migrant workers conditions? It seems at best that it's just another political tool to throw in the "FIFA is bad" pot. Even if the workers got a high wage and a luxury home, I still wouldn't want Qatar to host the friggin World Cup.
I think that slavery is pretty poo poo tbh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm guessing it works out at like €100k per player released

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tbp posted:

wjhat my wife uses after she broke her ankle
lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blue Star Error posted:

Guardian's Said and Done has some funny FIFA stuff.
Said and Done is always really good until the bizarre "HAHA look at this stupid slut" bit at the end

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They're 100% correct. Blatter is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Imagine news of Qatari abuse of migrant workers made it back home to Nepal, it'd send shockwaves through the whole country