Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The forums are back, but Awful app won't log me in, keeps saying login failed, even after clearing app data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jose Valasquez posted:

That's a problem with the forums, not the app :ssh:

Ahh, yes, so it is. Glad I'm cookied on my main browsers/devices.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I'm on 3.1.2b, on a 2014 Moto X running 5.0, and I frequently get this:

It seems to happen when I scroll.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

If I come back to the app after not being in it for a while, it always says 'loading failed'.

2014 Moto X, 5.0.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sereri posted:

I can't reproduce it. I could set you up with a version that has detailed logging enabled, maybe you could look in the logcat what actually fails to load

Yeah, I can do that.

Just point me to a dropbox folder, or email the APK to bouvier . andrew at gmail

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sereri, I installed the version with logging you sent me.

Anything else I need to do? Like... Do I have to get the logs to you, or do you get them automatically?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sereri posted:

It just posts more infos into the system log (logcat). You can access it via adb (like this for example).

Ahh, OK. So next time I get the 'loading failed' error I'll get the log.

Also, I've still seen this happen a couple times:

It happens only some of the time if I scroll in a thread, then stop. As soon as I start scrolling again it goes away.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Two things about the emotes box:

The 'x' to close isn't working for me. 2014 Moto X on 6.0

When I click it, the bottom of the box flashes briefly but that's it.

Secondly, is there a way to make it so that the emotes box doesn't hide the keyboard when it opens? More often than not I want to type in text to filter, but now I have to tap in the search box first. Since my keyboard is already open from whatever post I'm making, it would be more convenient if it just stayed open.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sereri posted:

The X doesn't close the box, it clears the search textbox.

Oooh... Ok, I'm dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I feel like an idiot, but where on Imgur Mobile is the loving upload button? Not the app, mobile site. This is what I see:

The hamburger menu is top left just has links like Help, Privacy, etc..

Scrolling down just shows more popular recent posts (and ads.)

Then if I go into my profile/posts, I can see my previously posted stuff, but still no upload button:

I can do it by forcing the Desktop version, but that's a little more awkward to use.