Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Weaponized Autism posted:

OP any interest in publishing Awful on F-Droid?

Don't be a weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Scheduled themes? My phone has scheduled dark mode which is awesome, and my reddit app does scheduled theme changes. I'd love if Awful could switch to OLED in the evening someday

I've brought this up before, and would also like this feature. Just have the user set a "light" theme and a "dark" theme, and have it follow the system UI theme in Android. Plenty of other apps do this now, and it's awesome. Would love to have I switch themes automatically on sunset etc.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

LastInLine posted:

How hard would it be to have an option for the app to follow the system with regard to light/dark mode? I can imagine that people might want to specify which theme they prefer for each if that's doable.

I would also like this.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Whenever I post in a thread on my phone, it adds it to my bookmarks. I get the idea I guess, but is there an option to shut this off? I didn't see it when I looked, but maybe I missed it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Bahaha, thanks. Shows how much I use the forums on an actual PC I guess.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

greazeball posted:

Twitter embeds broke for me a while ago. They had been enabled and then just stopped one day. I've tried disabling them in the options and re-enabling them but no dice. This is on my Fairphone and also on my Samsung tablet. I don't see anyone else talking about this but it's weird that it hasn't resolved itself and they never stopped working on my PC. I know Twitter is the source of the problem, not the app, but is there anything else I can try?

Not really, no. Blame Elon :elongate:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Javid posted:

I mean you're updating the entire app over the issue of image uploading capacity, why not provide a future proof option for people that have their own hosting instead. Imgur is going to keep getting worse and the account thing just kicks the can down the road.

Feel free to contribute to the GitHub!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
They might mean share a post in a way where it looks nice and readable in other apps without having to go into the actual app.

For example, how you can share a tweet into messages and it shows up nice and formatted where you can read it without having to actually tap it and be taken into twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Microplastics posted:

Alright I've been going around all my apps making them follow the system theme (dark at night, light at day). For Awful I can't seem to find that setting. Is it just dark all the time or light all the time? If so I don't mind much (maybe when it's bright I should be enjoying the sun instead of squinting at a dead gay comedy forum anyway)

Currently not an option.