Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Welp, never mind. I just toggled to another theme and then back and my backgrounds are black again. Works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hooah posted:

For the last two days, I've occasionally been getting a "Loading failed" message when I open the app via the bookmarks shortcut. I can swipe to reload no problem, and threads load fine.

Same here

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

If I come back to the app after not being in it for a while, it always says 'loading failed'.

2014 Moto X, 5.0.

I get this too. It seems to happen when I open the app from the Bookmarks shortcut. It will say Loading Failed, but my bookmarks still refresh and update.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Skeezy posted:

I guess we're getting Samsung'd here because I'm on the regular S6 running Android 5.0.2.

lol

You're not. It's happening on my Droid Turbo on 4.4.4 as well

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Alright, how do I get that apk with extra error logging? Finally tired of seeing "Loading Failed" 75% of the time when I open the app and want to contribute to getting it fixed

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I never could reliably reproduce the Loading Failed bug, despite seeing it all the time, but I've tried a few different things and haven't seen it since the new beta version

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Skeezy posted:

Lmao at the slide out menu just saying "Username" instead of my info.

I actually don't want it fixed because it's hilarious.

This is on the newest update btw.

Didn't notice this til I read your post. I also vote keep it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

I think last time that happened to me I just had to go select some other theme and then re-select mine. That's how it behaves if it's been set to use some theme but the file doesn't exist, too.

Tried that and it's still definitely broken. Running 3.2.0.14b from the other thread.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Nope, lollipop. Droid Turbo running 5.1

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Skeezy posted:

New forum icons are neat except for the fact that when scrolling down the forum index they change colors and flicker.

I genuinely couldn't tell if that was intentional or not, given that this is Something Awful dot com.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Aw, the new update broke my custom theme. Already miss the old frog, but I'll adjust

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

Mine is Arc.oled.css because it's an oled based theme, and it has been since the oled theme was introduced.

It's still that, and if I select it it gives me what I presume is the default Classic theme.

Have not investigated further yet.

Yeah, when I say "my custom theme", I really mean "the custom oled theme I stole from ArcMage waaaay back in the day"

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sereri posted:

Asking because there was no feedback, are the post menu buttons now working for everyone on 3.3.1?

Works fine, but is still invisible when using ArcMage's custom theme.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hooah posted:

I've tried changing the launcher icon a couple times but nothing happens in either Nova or SwipePad (launcher that draws on top of other apps).

It might be worth mentioning: it only changes the icon for Awful, the app, NOT the Bookmarks shortcut.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sereri posted:

It should and does for me, just not in the selection list.

Well, wouldja lookit that. Thanks!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Red Warrior posted:

I got the recent update a couple days ago and the only weirdness is the Bookmarks shortcut icon widget is being a little strange. Immediately after the update installed when I clicked on the widget I got an 'App not installed' toast popup I assume from my launcher, and since then the last two mornings when I first try to use it I get that toast again and to get it to work I need to delete the widget and re-add it. Never had to do that before. Pixel 6a with Nova Launcher. No updates to Nova Launcher in that time.

Yup, seeing this as well. Nova launcher on a pixel 7 pro. For the time being, I just swapped the bookmarks shortcut out for the standard app icon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Red Warrior posted:

Cool, thanks. It's not a huge deal but appreciate you checking it out. Good luck.