Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Not a bug report exactly, but when you drag to go to next page, it shows the refresh page text. Just a note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sereri posted:

I'm guessing you're all on 3.1.2b? If it's the webview there's not much we can do.

:siren::frogsiren::siren:

Concerning the current beta: I'm still not entirely happy with the icon for changing the PM view to the "sent items" folder. At the moment it's just an arrow to the right but I'd like to find a better, more obvious icon. Google has a preview version with all icons here, though it's slightly outdated ( here is the current 50Mb zip file with an updated preview). I'd love your input.

Announcement

Action

I'd use the first one to indicate you have new PMs, and the second to show a blank PM folder.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

SlayVus posted:

For what it is worth, I'm not getting any login issues on my note 3 android 5.0. Awful 3.2.0.8

I am getting the failed to load error for bookmarks when opening awful. After that though, it works just fine.

Same here, latest Awful, Android 5.0, HTC One Max running CandyROMs (CM source).

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I have a feature request: add a Share action in the individual post drop down, maybe replacing copy link.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Sereri posted:

So the text of the post ? Pictures too? Videos? (I have no idea what is actually possible)

The link to the post, sorry. The same link that copies to your clipboard.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

-Anders posted:

Is there any way to make the app go directly to the bookmarks list when opening, instead of the forums overview?

You may have already realized this, but it took me a few weeks to swipe ← on the front page. It brings you to bookmarks.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Mikl posted:

Quick question: I was browsing a GIF thread and I accidentally touched "always open URL" while trying to load an in-line image, is there some way to reset it so it doesn't always open URLs when I touch GIF images? I've looked all over the settings but didn't find one.

I think that's up to Android, not Awful. Go into your app management settings, select the app that opens GIF files now, and click clear defaults.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Midjack posted:

The forum is running super slow at the moment; I am seeing long loading times regardless of device or connection.

They replaced the servers with empty cereal boxes. Cost cutting measures, you see. They also replaced the admins with finger puppets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Is that still going on...? I thought Sarkeesian made her movie, then cashed out. Are people still arguing about who slept with who?