Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That is the Sent folder icon in Gmail.

The only other relevant thing I can see is the Outbox icon, did you mean this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sereri posted:

Just opened up the apk again, it's only in grey and only up to xxhdpi.
Yeah that's where I got it from. Because it's only used in the Nav Drawer it's pretty tiny.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's so he can phone you up and tell you to fix your loving huge screenshots.

Alternatively:

Sereri posted:

Yeah Crashlytics adds it. I'm not entirely sure what stuff they log but at the minimum it's this:

It's the analytics.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RVProfootballer posted:

Looks like the normal tablet layout. Why do you think it shouldn't be happening?
Generally the N7 in portrait doesn't use tablet layouts because it doesn't have enough width the make it a sensible layout.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

Still not sure about the SA blue title bar since it's different from the bottom bar. I wouldn't want a blue Awful navbar on top of black android navbar though, so I guess this is a decent compromise.
Yeah, it's a minor thing but it doesn't quite feel right. The current UX makes it feel as though the page controls are part of the navigation bar rather than part of the app. The background should match the app, not the nav bar.

The Material Design guidelines doesn't contain any details on how the bottom bar should be coloured. Seems like grey is an option, or just the same blue as at the top. I think it'd look fine in blue above the black nav bar because those two things operate at different levels and should be clearly distinct from each other.

Perhaps we could put the FAB hanging off that bar, so that it isn't quite so invasive, like they do in some of the examples here:
http://www.google.com/design/spec/layout/structure.html

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That looks pretty ugly. Nav bar should be transparent with a gradient when you have a full-bleed image in the background (launchers, basically), or otherwise solid black.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

Something I've noticed is that if I'm in a situation where the http to the forums is blocked (generally a Wi-Fi hotspot), I can browse the forums via the awful app butt images won't load. Is there a difference in how the app retrieves text vs images?
It's probably an HTTPS vs. HTTP thing.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think the Something thread it dead so I'll try here, can't even remember who wrote it now. I installed it on my Pixel C but it refuses to let me log in, just acts as if my details are wrong. I've tried with hardware and software keyboards and pasting the password into the box. Logging in on Chrome works fine so it's not a password issue. Has anyone had to log into Something recently and had it work? I don't really want to log out on my phone to test it in case it's broken.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Master_Odin posted:

These are the sorts of things that should be posted in the Something.apk thread and then I'll see it and work on fixing it and update some of the dependencies of the project to support ZDR's new security measures.
Yeah I had no idea that thread existed, bookmarked for future reference, thanks for the fix.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sereri posted:

You can scroll it though (I think it even hints at that by flashing the scrollbar for a second). I was thinking about making it a bit smaller for urls though, material guidelines be damned.
It's not like that's a standard dialog anyway, so I wouldn't get too hung up on the guidelines.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

baka kaba posted:

I usually notice the keyboard interrupting swipes, that kind of thing. Plus I swear the screen registers presses before my finger even comes into contact, so there's the spooky aspect too
Screen sensitivities do vary and on some devices this is genuinely a thing. My Desire or GNex or something used to do it for sure.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

If you can tell which one of these is lit up, congrats I guess
Sure but right is on because right is always on? It seems pretty obvious?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It literally just gets the HTML the same as a browser does and then parses/modifies it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It actually still works fine except for Tweets which show broken images (but you can tap on them to open them and the only Tweet-heavy thread I read is the Red Panda one so whatever). So yeah I'm an idiot and I still use it. I should really switch back to Awful but I always liked the navigation flow better in Something and nothing has broken enough to make me actually do the switch. But I'm sure it'll happen at some point. If anyone is desperate for the last something APK I can pull it for them.