Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
So I got a new phone and want to take my awful choices from my old phone to the new one. I hit "Export Settings" on the old phone and it says they are exported, but I don't see where. Can someone help me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Oh, duh, thanks. I was overthinking it and looking under Android/data and the subfolders there.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

handle posted:

Oops, version 3.8.16 is only available through the beta program right now, the main release has been stuck in review hell I think.

I came here wondering why it took 4 months for Google to send me the update!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Am I missing something, or is there no support for quoting multiple posts?

Larry Parrish posted:

if you quote someone and back out but save the post and quote someone else you get the option to add it on. it's more awkward than the browser, though.

That works me!

You can keep doing it and quote many posts.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Something I've noticed in image threads (comics in particular) is that large image files hosted on imgur get increasingly blurry, to the point where text can be impossible to read.

Im just playing around with this, I see the same thing. One thing I noticed is that if I click on the image and choose to download it instead of display it, the downloaded file is the high resolution version that isn't blurry when I zoom in.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

archduke.iago posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with spoilered text or thumbnailed images? I can't reveal/expand them all of a sudden on Android 13.

Testing on my Pixel 4a running Android 13.

Edit: works for me.

Thumbnail further up in this tread also worked.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

That played played perfectly fine for me.

I seem to have that problem on my browser (Firefox), but never in this app.

Edit: also, :aaaaa:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I guess I should add details:
Pixel 4a and I am currently browsing on mobile via Verizon Prepaid. Version 3.8.20. Autoplay is turned off.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Yeah, that seems to happen to me from time to time. Like, once a month?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Bahaha, thanks. Shows how much I use the forums on an actual PC I guess.

Every time I do, I'm shocked at how different it is and how it's missing some of the neat options this app gives you.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I haven't tried it, but "insert imgur" still gives me the option to upload an image, too.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

When I click "insert imgur", this is what I get, this screenshot upload to imgur via this method.

Edit, I'm on version 3.8.20

Uthor fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 22, 2023

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Oh, sorry, I misread what the issue was. I never use "insert image"; if I got the image URL, I just dealt with the code myself. I don't recall it ever having the option to upload an image.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Is there something that can be done so I can add YouTube videos to my queue without having to open them in the YouTube app? The videos play in the Awful app just fine, but pressing the three dot menu only gives me the option to share the video, not to save it in a playlist.

Just annoying having to switch apps to save something to watch later.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Mine seems to do that occasionally, but for only like 0.5 seconds, barely can tell while it's loading everything.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

If it's on the desktop site, I'd guess it's one of the options you have set for the forums. Taking a quick look, there's an option to embed the "video" tags.

Sorry, screenshot of the desktop site taken on my phone...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I'm not sure how to use the beta version. Can't find it on the options or on the Google Play Store.

e: ah, found it. Nvm

Can you tell me? :blush:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Skarsnik posted:

I hate to inform you but the app has had imgur uploading for years. This update just adds account details so they don't get wiped at some point

And I used the app to upload to imgur for years until they changed their policy to wipe images that weren't associated with an account.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sywert of Thieves posted:

It was in the Google Play Store after all. Not sure why I missed it before. Just go to the page for Awful app and scroll down until you see a header mentioning joining the beta program. It's just one button click.

Did you know there's a comic where Captain America gets into a professional wrestling match?

Also, this works, thanks! :thumbsup:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Schrute Nation posted:

Similarly, I'd like to be able to share a single post like I can online.

When I send someone a link it's instead the whole page, and they can't find what I'm trying to show them.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717&pagenumber=205&perpage=40&userid=0#post535259305

I clicked the three dots on your post and selected Copy URL. Is this not what you want?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Hatebag posted:

threads are not being sorted by last post date for me. can't figure out what criteria they're sorted by but this is even affecting stickied threads. anyone else having this problem?

Maybe showing unread threads first?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Oh, I guess I am a beta user. I forgot I signed up for that!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

EVIL Gibson posted:

The big problem was that non-users couldn't see posts on bluesky. This just changed today so no problem now.

And getting an account might seem easier for someone that already got in.

(I have a handful of codes. If someone wants one, PM me.)

VVV Thanks. VVV

Uthor fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 24, 2023

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

thank you so much for this. it's been bugging me for months 🥹

Oh! Had it turned on, but had to add the link that I wanted it to open.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Is there a trick to hooking up an Imgur account? Doesn't seem to be working for me and I just want to post cool memes on my new phone

I vaguely remember having to be on the beta.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sereri posted:

I can confirm it's (not) happening. Either imgur changed something, or someone uploaded 1000 images through the app. I'll take a look later today.

I tried uploading a picture of the Last Supper where everyone is eating tacos taken at my local Mexican place, but, nope, still not working this morning.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sereri posted:

In the meantime maybe throw Jeffrey some :10bux: for platinum and then upload images as attachments. Yes, I know it's less convenient.

I've never used this. Guess it's time to learn.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Wendigee posted:

It has 2000's era size limits on attachments that is the issue, not the ten bucks

Not being able to decide where it will show up in my post bothered me. Even editing the post, it doesn't show up. So I'm assuming it just at the end of the post? It'd be an issue where I often use images, like using them to tell a story.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Chewbecca posted:

Yeah I think you maybe can't delete them, and would have to pm a mod lol

Good thing I didn't select the wrong image! :sweatdrop:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

FWIW, I'm trying to upload an image to Imgur on my desktop and it doesn't seem to be added to my uploads, none of the buttons on the page work, and clicking on the share links is giving me
code:
[url]https://imgur.com/undefined[/url]

and

[img]undefined[/img]

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Thorgot posted:

On a related note, is the Add File Attachment supposed to work with posting images? I can attach but I don't see a way to use the attachment inline. Example attached.

Do you mean when you click "... - > add file attachment"? As far as I can see, it shows up at the bottom of your post and you can't edit it. Though I see some code when I quote your post.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Oh man, have you guys mastered the imgur app somehow? Because if so I need to plead for you help because I have got nowhere with it.

I manage to get as far as this screen:

And then i tap "Post". That immediately takes me to this screen:

...and there's no indication that anything has happened. Did it upload? where did it go? how do i see it? Mysteries for the ages. I can't fathom it.

I did check my user account's Posts tab to see if it appeared there but... the only images that appear there are the above two screenshots. Which I emailed to myself and uploaded to imgur from my computer :rolleyes:

That happened to me the first time I used it, seems to be working okay, now.

But also, did you try this: (?)

Thorgot posted:

Hidden imgur uploads work but there's no obvious way to see them in the app. You have to tap on this header which is not an obvious button to switch to hidden.

Also, i find getting the url to the image itself annoying.

Tap on the image you want to share.
Tap on it a second time.
Then hit the share button with the correct link.

If you hit the share button on the first screen, it seems to only give you the url to the imgur page, not the image itself.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Then how do you upload from your phone? That just gives me a drag and drop box, like it wants me to open a new Explorer window and drag files from there.

I just tap on "choose photo/video".

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I can't remember the last time I was logged out of SA, either on this app or on the browser on my computer (which I use to look at SA like once a week).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

oh hell yes thank you

That's like the only scam that would get money from me...

Other than these forums.

A totally normal, not creepy in any way, kids party van I saw in Poland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

You also have to set up your imgur account in settings.