Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Zil posted:

Well yeah if you want to be a square about it and do actual reporting.
They did say they were leaving soon, it'd be good to go out that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

The Fool posted:

Putting in a good word for Azure MFA here
We've been using Azure MFA since it was PhoneFactor, but our implementation is lovely and not 2fa and since we're afraid of letting the internet contact the servers we can't even use the MS/Azure authentication app.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
USB-C rules because not only can you can blow up your poo poo if you use the wrong cable, but also that there's no immediate distinction between whether the port/cable supports USB 3.0/3.1/Thunderbolt or any of the other weird poo poo they're going to start using it for

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/VayroGryphon/status/1048327476626292736

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

stevewm posted:

Yeah, I wish it was my decision, as that is exactly what I would do.
So you show whoever's actually in charge how much time and money they're losing on this one customer.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Inspector_666 posted:

I thought if you made a chargeback you were pretty much saying you'd never try to use the card with that merchant again?
Only when the merchant follows the protocol to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

chin up everything sucks posted:

poo poo pissing me off - Apple has multiple business systems that need to use an email address for accessing. Setting up an email address for one of these systems creates an Apple ID.

Apples Device Enrollment Program wants you to created a Managed ID, which is apparently different than an Apple ID. And they make a senior exec at the company say who gets to be an admin for the Device Enrollment Program. CIO tells Apple to give chin.up.everything.sucks@company.com admin. I get the enrollment email, try and set it up and it won't take my address because it's already been used. Alright, so I'll just try an alias for my account. The system says that that's fine, tells me it's sending a verification email.... and 30 minutes later, no email.

I run a mail trace in exchange to see if the email was filtered as junk somehow. Nope, no sign of an email being sent to the alias at all.

So I call the phone number that our CIO used to set the account up in the first place and ask what is going on.

"Oh, *boss* delegated you access to the account, and provided your full email address. That's the only one you can use to set up the account."

Well poo poo, I used that email address for apples business purchasing system so I can order computers. The CIO is busy as hell, chasing him down to update the email address for the delegation via phone will take forever, so I think "I can probably just update my email in the purchasing system! That shouldn't be a problem, right?"

Nope, I cannot change my own information in the purchasing system.

So now I email our Apple rep to say "hey, can you fix your broken poo poo?"

The response I get back is "Apple recommends you use a group alias for registration into the Apple Business Manager so it isn't tied to a specific user."

WELL loving THANKS, IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE PERSON WHO TALKED TO MY CIO HAD TOLD HIM THAT.
Anyone who uses their personal email address at vendor registration time instead of something like 'vendor@company.com' or 'license@company.com' deserves what they get. The good news is that this isn't your fault, and if anyone complains about it you get to kick it upstairs until your CIO fixes their poo poo.