Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Once I was standing in line for a roller coaster at the local six flags with my ex, and because she's Spanish we spoke in English. Next to us were a mom with her 7 or 8 year old son and he kept staring at us in a kind of horrified wonder. This happens to me a lot, because I'm really tall. His mother asked him what was up, and he started whispering, not being able to take his eyes off me. His mother couldn't hear him and asked him to repeat himself, and he just started whispering louder and louder. "Scooby Doo, mama, Scooby Doo! It's really him, he talks English, not Dutch, so it's really him!" His mother started laughing apologised to us saying, "Well, you do kind of look like that guy from Scooby Doo."

She was right. I had just gotten my hair cut short and totally looked like Shaggy, baggy clothing, lanky posture, goatee and all. :unsmith:

After the ride the kid came up to us with his mother's camera and tried to ask my ex if she would take a picture of the two of us. After I translated for her she had trouble keeping the camera still enough she was laughing so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

You've got an awesome kid, congratulations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

IAmNotYourRealDad posted:

My husband and I took our daughter out to a place we told her was somewhere special, someplace secret. We took her to an animal shelter and when we were done petting and playing with the animals, she angrily turned to me and screamed, "THIS IS MY SURPRISE!?!? NO DOG!?!"

She's totally right, what the gently caress? Not only did you get her hopes up, you also got the hopes up of those poor critters.

When you take her to a petting zoo she knows she's just visiting and not taking one home with her, but take her to an animal shelter, you know, that place people go to take home an animal, it's cruel to give her the expectation and not doing what she learned and expects to be done at that place, namely, take one home with her.

Seriously, what the gently caress?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Yeah dude, your daughter and those dogs are probably permanently scarred for life now.

I know you're being facetious and most of those dogs a probably dead two weeks from now (and those that aren't still got their happy ending, so yay from them I guess), but yeah, this probably is one of those moments a kid remembers for the rest of their lives, depending on how old they are now.

I mean, goddamn, I hope that kid wasn't old enough to realise that all those animals she met and had fun with are pretty much doomed, expecting to be able to save at least one of them, and having that taken away from them.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Tea Bone posted:

I'm 6'7", I just heard a kid in the supermarket tell his Granddad:

"Granddad.... That man is too big!"

That happened to me too, as well as a kid not looking where she's walking, bumping into my leg and just staring at me for a while with her mouth agape before running to her mom and whispering and pointing.

Taeke has a new favorite as of 16:18 on Oct 5, 2015

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

trickybiscuits posted:

Today at the library I picked up a local publication of kids' writing and artwork and had to share this:

All the poetry I've written in my day pales in comparison to those last two lines.

I can't stop giggling. That's art right there.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Fleta, you can double post as much as you want. Hell, make it a triple, all the more content for us to enjoy.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Hell, wasn't it a thing recently that women were putting crushed wasp nests in their vaginas because of Gwyneth Paltrow or something?

I can't believe that's a sentence is just typed.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

TKIY posted:

I was playing hockey with my 8yr old (as any good Canadian Father should) and he made up a joke:

8: What do hockey players like about magicians?
Me: I don't know...
8: Hat tricks!

Your son is destined to be a comedian.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Dabir posted:

poo poo, now I can't unsee it

Yeah, it doesn't even need the paws drawn on. The little southern part sticking out and the island make for a cartoony chicken excitedly running towards something. :v:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Alhazred posted:

I just find it so weird that kids are now pretending to be zombies.

Growing up zombies were terrifying to me because, you know, all the zombie movies and poo poo that showed them to be really gross and scary. When I thought about zombies I pictured Romero style undead.

Kids growing up now are exposed to zombies through things like minecraft. Still the same basic concept, but a lot less terrifying. They're almost cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

From what I understand, one the things that actually separates tiktok from other video apps like vine or whatever is that it's incredibly easy to record a video with audio clips from movies/tv and music over it, so kids use it to do short dances or reenact scenes from tv in a funny way and stuff. The kids I work with do some really funny, creative and sometimes even beautiful stuff with it, it's pretty cool.