Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Probably autocorrected from dragging their feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Visiting my parents this weekend, and my brother came by with his two sons (3 and 5).

During dinner yesterday, my dad was joking around with the youngest who said: "Grandpa, you're talking cheese sandwiches", which is his current goto-word for nonsense (it's just one word in Danish: ostemadder).

They got in a fight as two kids that age do sometimes, and the oldest came into the kitchen saying that his brother had started it. I tried to be all philosophical and told him that it doesn't matter who started it, what really matters is who ends it. His reply: "Yeah but he still started it though."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

HellCopter posted:

"Let the children name the dog" is why I had a poodle for 10 years named Mini-me.

The corollary is letting the adults name the pets: "the big one", "the small one", and "the old one"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Kids misinterpret religious stuff all the time. As a child, I was taken to some christmas or easter thing in church and they had a youth pastor who showed these cartoony pictures of Jesus entering Nazareth with the palm leaves and the donkey & all that, and there's an apostle or someone watching from a tree.

"Look at the monkey!" one of the kids yelled.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Couples years ago i was in a park, its a family thing everyone invited. so mhy nephews come to hang around, and theyre hilarious.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQm4RvuWBwI

you were born in KC missouri
to a girl who wasnt married

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

MisterBibs posted:

Little kid running past the Deadpool stand:

"Mommy, it's Pider Man! Pider Man! Pew pew pew!"

:3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7-TQdN40Dk irl

My nephews are coming by tomorrow, gonna try and remember the funny poo poo they say.

One time the oldest one (wanna say 3 at the time) was "shooting" me with "arrows" (ie just pointing at my leg and going "i shot you with an arrow") and i played along and we joked around and I asked what he was gonna do with all those arrows sticking into me? "I'm gonna make a dinner out of you!" Ok, but some of the arrows were in my eyes though! "I'm going to eat your eyes" then he made like claws and grabbed at my eyes and made chewing sounds. I can no longer see.

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Feb 12, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

A friend has a boy about a year or so old, and he and two adults were playing with animals and saying their names and stuff. So after they've gone through lion, elephant, etc, she says "what else can you find?" and he picks up one and says "Pee-poh!" So the adult friend says "no, there are no people here. Just animals." It was a hippo :3:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

flosofl posted:

Of course you did. Anti-jokes that are told by little kids are hilarious.

The best ones are when they transplant the punchline from a completely different joke, but with a modification, like instead of elephants it's bananas.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

razorrozar posted:

what has 3 eyes 6 legs and 2 noses

a Cyclops goat with a man wearing a animal suit breeding

:psyduck:

It's not wrong :shrug:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5rg8i_i-m-old-gregg_fun

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My brother and I were helping our nephews (sons of our third brother) build some legos, and :bahgawd: they were keeping count. Every time one of us got behind, they were like "Unca, your brother is better than you are!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"Kid A" knows whats up.
"Kid B" is a huge nerd. I am also.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bringmyfishback posted:

I present to you the work of a student I will call "Rihanna":

I create my own holiday which is called "A-Cup Day." Every A-cup girl will takes a party and celebrates her small boobs. A-cup girls can sleep easily and when they are running, they can never feel a hefty roll of flab overhanging their breast. Big boobs girls must serve small boobs girls and say "I love small boobs, small boobs is the best, you deserve it!" Big boobs girls must praise the girls with small boobs. Anyway, on this day, small boobs girls can have SEX with each handsome boy which they want to. Because you know, small boobs= Better sex. And the most important thing is that you can wear whatever the gently caress you want in this holiday. But you must remember Rihanna is the queen in "A-Cup Day." She is the only girl who has the most complanate airport in the class.

Finals are next week, can you tell?

This is poetry

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

princecoo posted:

Wait what? Airport is slang for boobs?

Just... why?

Small boobs => flat as a runway => airport.

Makes sense.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Liam (my 5 yr old nephew): How come Elias [his younger brother] gets to clean up all by himself? I wanna clean up too! Waaaaa

I mentioned to my sister in law that she probably hadn't heard that sentence before, but she had indeed. Apparently it's a trick he does where he cleans up really badly and when told to stop, he complains. Pretty clever!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FreudianSlippers posted:

Just came from a dinner with some of my girlfriends family and her aunt has a 7 year old kid that is a great comedian.

Kid: Knock knock
Us. Who's there?
Kid: Muhammed Ali!
Us: Muhammed Ali who?
Kid: I'M GONNA PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE

Kid: Knock knock
Us. Who's there?
Kid: Young boy
Us: Young boy who?
Kid(in old man voice): [long pause] Don't you miss the good old times when you were so happy and everything was wonderful?

Kid: What do you get when you cross a man called Nan with a potato?
Us: I don´t know.
Kid: A NADATO!

Also, these are amazing. Especially the young/old one.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My 6 year old nephew beat me in chess yesterday, all the while pointing out flaws in my dumbass strategies :negative:

Edit: Same nephew who last year ran into the living room without pants singing "butt butt butt" while shaking his butt.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nephew telling riddles: How much water can ice have in its mouth?
- Everyone guesses wrong -
Nephew: Enough that it explodes!

His older brother, in a learned tone: Ice can't explode unless you put a bomb in it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tsunemori posted:

Friend's son

:haw: Mom, i looked up the word FART in the dictionary. It says "unpleasant wind coming from the anus"!
:j: Wow, you know how to look up words in the dictionary now?
:haw: (proud smile) Of course!
:j: What other words did you look up?
:shobon: (smile disappears) I looked up... BUTT.
:j: What else?
:blush: (looks down)
:j: What else did you look up? Spell it out if you're too embarrasssed.
:blush: B - O - O - B - S

Haha fantastic answers!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Walked on a bluff along the beach with my parents yesterday & we saw some hanggliders. Another family with a ~2 year old kid were coming from the other direction & stopped to look at the gliders.

Kid to the nearest hangglider: :byodood: what's your name!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

He's figured out the hiding place system, clearly :D

Thanks for sharing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Watching TV with my nephews:

Elias: *shaking head wildly*
Me: Stop, why are you doing that?
Elias: I'm beating my head against your arm! *makes pirate face*

my arm was done, after that theres no comeback

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

(i said you had a giant package, sorry)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My cousin's kids were suddenly very quiet & their mom went to check:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Well, you probably should be quiet at an execution.

God yeah no. Imo you dont wanna be known as the rear end in a top hat who did the wave when they hanged whoever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Keystoned posted:

Apparently my son (6) yesterday after school while ball with a group of friends.

One kids drops the ball.
My kid: Oh what the loving hell!

Haha, my nephews started saying "what the heck" a lot recently. In English (their first language is Danish). My brother & his wife have no idea where they picked it up.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

my son: its kinda weird to have a drug parlance derail in the poo poo kids say thread

me: :negative:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Keystoned posted:

scrambled eggs > eggman > big-bird

Hahah! That makes total sense in my opinion

When I was a child, I thought the Simpsons were black. I'm aware that there are actual black people in Simpsons, that doesn't change anything.

Years later, I realized they were white. Now I'm assuming it was a Homer Simpson/OJ Simpson crossed wire thing but I honestly have no idea.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Friend of mine took his daughter who's I think 3 "to Disney". They saw all the princesses and "Donald, from Mickey Mouse"

Anyway, he was recording a thing & he was just talking out loud "I thought Mulan was substandard, [idk something about last time? blah blah]" and his daughter is just like "No! Mulan is real!" with that set face like "don't you dare disagree"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

too good to be true imo

My nephews like to throw things when their parents aren't home, so for a while when babysitting I tried asking every time "why did you throw that?" like for the reason instead of just don't or stop. Oldest one eventually sayd "I'm seeing if you're magnetic" kitchen magnets :o:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nostradingus posted:

How does one laugh like a drain?

If you haven't laughed like a drain, I feel bad for you

When I was a kid & I couldn't stand being tickled anymore, my laughter was gone and I was just making drain noises stohrrrhrhrhhStorhhStopSrhrhhrhhSTop, I promised my parents/cousins/ticklers that I would tickle them when I grew up

I love to tickly my nephews until they can't breathe; and so one time the youngest said "I'll kill you if you don't stop"

I am now counting down the hours 'till the time when I shall be slain dead by mine own nephews hand.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rihanna is funny as hell and also fierce

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haha that is fantastic

Maybe some kind of idiom about following the music => being a music sheep? no idea

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My 6 year old nephew came up to me with a can of coke, "can you help me? I can't open it"

Sure, I help and open it: it explodes all over the place a he laughs his rear end off. Li'l scoundrel shook it

:negative:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

What are you trying to say? I got pranked irl and you're posting youtubes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Oh, right. Thought they were trying to call me out for pretending a TV thing happened to me.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tensokuu posted:

I'm an rear end in a top hat but not that much of an rear end in a top hat.

No worries :)

We were walking through a forest the following day, and he was talking to his younger brother: "we could cut down all these trees with a chainsaw"

His brother: "We could cut heads off humans and then cut the heads into quarts"

Me: :cry:

E: Also they found a Swedish Cluelike card game at the cabin, and named one of the characters Krankenstyle

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

they're makin' me teach the ol' middle school classes again.

RANDOM CHILD: "Hey, Fleta, guess what my favorite book is."
ME: "Harry Potter?"
RANDOM CHILD: "NO! Out of Africa, of course!" :colbert:

That's me told.

That's cool as hell

Separetely: Did the kids en masse or the other teachers or the school itself cut it off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Cut what off? Sorry, I only got 90 minutes of sleep last night and I'm off my face from coffee and grumpiness.

If you mean not doing their final presentation, yeah, the kids have a mock TOEFL next week and have completely stopped doing any other work as a result. Let me say it again: mock TOEFL. I hope their scores mitigate their very real Fs in Biology.

30% of your total grade is talking for three minutes on the biological topic of your choice. Honestly. Not since I had a history class where 40% of your grade was participation and 60% a single paper has anyone had it so easy. /bitching

sorry i meant your job

for a bit it sounded like you lost your job but i hope you still have it :ü