Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A couple of weeks ago my 6 year old nephew was complaining about how noisy his pants were for like an hour.

Then he said to me "I think whoever made these pants, it was their first day making pants."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shath Hole posted:

Yep it was :)

My 3 year old nephew's daycare has been teaching the kids that song, apparently. I guess for the animal sounds?

Anyway, he slurs the X and S sound together so he'll randomly yell out, usually in public, "WHAT THE gently caress SAY?!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My 6 year old nephew was told by his 7 year old cousin that you're not "a big boy" until you're 7. So for the last while my nephew has been insisting he's 7.

If you call him on it, he uses the same response every time: "Well if I'm not 7 then I'm 5. And if I'm 5 I'm 4. I'm 3". Basically word for word, every time. Nobody has any idea what the hell he's talking about.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My 6 year old nephew's grandfather was interviewed in his house for a segment on the local news last week.

When he saw the segment, he said "If I go stand in grandpa's room will that put me on TV?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My nephew draws his own little 2 page superhero comics, and his latest creation is called Sabretooth Man. He's basically Wolverine, but he has sabre teeth. He has never heard of the actual character Sabretooth.

One day he brought one over where Sabretooth Man fights his nemesis, Pink Eye. Pink Eye is basically Cyclops, but since he drew his giant eye pink that's what he named him. He's never actually heard of pink eye before.

I assume this was also Stan Lee's creative process.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Why do people have passwords on their internet?"

"Because more people using it at your house slows it down."

"Do they know they have high speed internet? It's from Dish."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not a thing said, but my 5 year old nephew's favorite gift by far today was a bottle of Coke with his name on it.

Everything else he did his usual "It's a ___!" or "Just what I wanted!" before moving on to the next thing, but when he pulled the Coke bottle out of his stocking he got up and hugged his grandmother.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Assuming the kid has a religious family, she'd probably have had death explained to her as the soul/spirit leaving the body, and from that it's not a huge leap to "his ghost fell out."

Death in cartoons is also often depicted as a ghost leaving the body.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably, but even when it is it's supposed to be at home. Bars, restaurants etc. still can't serve minors.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My 5 year old nephew was sick last week, so he stayed home from school. On the last day he was feeling a bit better so his mother took him to a restaurant for lunch.

He knows that his grandmother goes to that same restaurant a lot, so when he got home he insisted they had to call her so he could tell her about something new he tried for lunch and how much he liked it.

She thought his mother made him call to hint that she wanted a babysitter for dinner time, but apparently it was all his idea because he knew grandma likes it there and wanted to talk to her about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We had a small work Halloween party and all the Halloween playlists on Spotify were filled with random current Top 40 stuff for some reason.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Google translate gives me nothing. What does it actually mean?

Sleep in French is dormir, so kiddy speak is dodo. It tends to cross over into English in bilingual areas.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which is why we still have "Eau de Toilette" perfumes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the sequel there actually is an Everything's Not Awesome song.

Those aren't the lyrics though so I'm sure he thought it up himself. Good job, G4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Today during our walk

"Hey Dad, what if trees had butts? Like people butts"

Then a bit later "I'd go spanking through that forest " while pounding her fist into her palm

Robin Hood and Little John, spanking through the forest...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just got reminded of this one from a Facebook memory.

When my nephew was around 6 his mother had dressed him in some track/warmup pants for the day that were very noisy from all the swishing. He said "Whoever made these pants, I think it was their first time making pants."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow, yeah. This thread is older than his younger brother.