Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
I noticed the same thing on my last gamma playthru with the ridiculous mutant spawns and ended up just turning ZCP off completely and adjusting the base anomaly spawn rates, made things much more reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Mercrom posted:

I managed to craft an 86% Volat Emerald. gently caress anomalies forever. Also gently caress whoever decided Sakharov should only sell one artifact melter at a time.

you guys know that you can re-charge the artifact melter by feeding it artifacts you dont need right?

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
dont know how I feel about the changes to NPC looting yet. Its nice that they wont loot your kills anymore but kinda annoying finding bodies that are 'claimed' by npcs wandering somewhere on the other side of the zone. Also noticed they dont actually loot anything they just let it sit there?? And it seems if you save, quit out completely, and reload the claims will disappear and you can loot them freely, im assuming thats a bug.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Namnesor posted:

Thank you, stalker. Here is 318 rubles for your troubles.

the real value is in getting stash coords + goodwill points.
I love those fetch quests that are basically just like "hey run over to the store and buy me a pack of cigs"

actually I think my favorite is "hey we're planning an expedition into the zone, can you get us some weed?"

dsf fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 4, 2023

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This Grok guy's a loving machine. I can't imagine the amount of work it takes to get all of this crap working together, and then have to remove stuff and put it back in and it's exhausting just thinking about the whole thing. Like herding a bunch of cats.

its especially impressive when you consider that its running 200+ mods on top of another mod which was built on top of another mod for an infamously janky game engine that was developed over 15 years ago. In over 300 hours of GAMMA i think ive only crashed 2 or 3 times that I can remember

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Mr E posted:

I started a new game since I learned some things in the few hours I played and there were some patches since I played last. I found a SKS with >60% parts except for the barrel, which was completely broken. It looks like I can repair the gun itself at Farm, but can I replace the barrel without a toolkit? I've field stripped the rest of the parts but wasn't sure if I needed to find a gun in barrel shape or just a barrel. I have about 6 stash markers in Army Warehouse so I'm probably going to head there at least for a bit and would like something more than my over under shotgun. I can snipe pretty well with slugs but a rifle of some sort would be nice.

barrel is the one thing that needs to be replaced at a bench with a toolkit if its under 60%. I think SKS uses the historical repair kit but you can see exactly what it requires in right click-> details. note that you dont actually need to use an actual bench you can use a (basic or advanced) toolkit in your inventory as well.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
I wanted to try something new so I started a sin playthrough and noticed that they start with a knot artifact now. Ive just been sprinting around Red Forest murdering groups of loners and mercs w/ nothing but an axe and it has been suprisingly effective (and hilarious) The AI cant really deal with the speed you get from sprinting with the lucifer buff while lightly burdened and the axe that the sin merchant sells has ridiculous reach and 1-shots everybody as far as I can tell.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Namnesor posted:

I'm trying to get a set of Expert tools, which can only be gotten from green stashes in the northern areas.

GAMMA is easier than vanilla Anomaly, and difficulty is extremely customizable.

fyi they dont have to be green stashes, ive found them in regular white stashes as well. my last set I found in a radar stash.
Also some of the areas have better odds than others to spawn a high-tier stash (only the highest tier 5 can spawn expert tools) Radar and Outskirts have the best odds I believe so focus on those 2 areas

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

How is .45 for antimutant these days? It's been nerfed a time or two I understand.

still really good. been using the 1921 tommy gun w/ hydroshock as my mutant killer most of the game so far and ill probably keep it until I can find a Raptr shotgun or vektor SMG. 50 bullets per reload is enough to kill groups of pretty much anything short of a pseudogiant, plus its gangster as gently caress

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
also remember the only piece you absolutely need a specific weapon repair kit to replace is the barrel, so if you find an advanced rifle with a barrel condition over 60% you can field-strip the rest of the parts and swap or repair them individually without needing an advanced kit. It can be a good way to get really good guns earlier than usual.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

BrotherJayne posted:

True Stalker is pretty good so far

Def miss my poo poo from Anomaly tho

Only played True Stalker for an hour or so last night but it looks pretty cool. Nice change of pace from Anomaly and probably a lot closer to what would be expected from a 'mainline' story based stalker game. Surprisingly high production values while still keeping plenty of that trademark STALKER slav-jank

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

If you die while using the zoom in button it actually resets your standard FOV to that value, and this works recursively.

As you play you will probably accumulate a steadily narrowing FOV if you don't periodically unfuck it.

I found this out recently after running thru the Brain Scorcher at like 40 FOV.
I knew something was off when it felt like I was moving way too slow but I figured it was just from all the ammo + loot I was carrying putting me almost at my weight limit.

Oh also if you are using the "free zoom" (mouse 4 by default IIRC) it will cause this issue too

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This is pretty bad. The procgen is nuts, very mc escher levels. Loot is non existent (not "light so you have to scavenge", more "I've not seen a gun other than the starting pistol in 12 runs"), and it runs like poo poo. For some reason, I can barely get it to clear 25 fps

yeah. definitely has promise but this game is going to need a lot of time in the oven.
to be fair to the devs this is only supposed to be a quick proof-of-concept demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

dogstile posted:

I kinda like that not everywhere has easy access to stuff. Clear sky has it all in one spot but their base is a pain in the rear end to get to, rookie village is really safe, but you trade off that by having to travel back and forth for stuff. Garbage is Garbage, Jupiter and Zaton have everything close but their areas are actually dangerous, etc etc.

Your medic is lining the inside of Sidorovich's pockets with rubles.

unless you're friendly w/ Duty then you just setup shop in Rostok and you're set for pretty much everything

honestly I hardly ever remember to use medics. im the cheap motherfucker that will spend minutes next to a campfire for the free regen while I already have 10 medkits and 300k rubles in the bank though.