Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Devour or Fire posted:

It is piss magic, like the KC Green comic

I am the Whizzard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

Welp, I've defeated some hardmode bosses and I pretty much have the best non-jungle dungeon gear I can get. Vampiric knives are so hilariously broken holy poo poo, all of the bosses went down in seconds and I wasn't even allowed to go under 350HP.

I found the jungle dungeon, but I haven't found that stupid loving flower that summons the key-holding boss. Is there any trick to it, or will it be at a random place anywhere in the jungle? I've spent 2 hours+ looking around and I'm about to say "gently caress it" and save edit the dungeon key into my inventory.

It looks like this and glows.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

nexas posted:

Would any know if living wood fall under the same rules as regular wood? I'm getting ready for hard mode and I want to see if using living wood would be immune to the corruption/hallow.

Living wood is seemingly immune to corruption.
I got a world where one of the large trees is the only thing keeping the corruption from spilling further into my lands.
I've even seen it take a corruptor shot without any ill effects.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Tanith posted:

I would love some sort of inverse-raincloud block that made smoke for chimneys.

Also, I still haven't found the goddamn plantera bulb. Are there places in the jungle it is more likely to spawn? I've carved out and illuminated almost everything around the underground temple.

Have you killed a hardmode boss yet? 'cause one flower seem to bloom for each one that you kill.
(Bee queens might count as well, unsure if other bosses count.)
I think I have about five or six seperate flowers spread through my jungle that I have found so far, and I have already destroyed three flowers. (destroyed one with dynamite, turns out this doesn't count, so uh, don't do that)

Edit: \/\/\/ Good to know!

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 8, 2013

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Tarquinn posted:

Why do people hate the guide again?

Stems back to when the game came out.
The guide would happily wander around, even during blood moons, and would be most graciously and open the door for all the monsters outside all the time.

Edit: Beaten like the goddamn guide!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

McDragon posted:

Can you still teleport your way through the temple door?

Should be possible, I did it yesterday just to see what was inside.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Oh hey, new patch! :woop:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-2-0-3-changelog.111428/

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

KazigluBey posted:

Trying to connect with a friend to our own multiplayer servers using Hamachi but nothing seems to bloody work. We've done the whole rigmarole of adding exceptions to Windows Firewall or even turning the drat things off. We can't even ping each other over Hamachi.

Being that both of us are pretty tech illiterate it's loving frustrating how much messing about you need to do just to join other players. You'd think there would be some sort of Steam functionality or something, but nope. Goddamn.

Any help would be appreciated, is this even the right thread for this sort of question?

Do you and your friends have paid hamachi accounts?
I seem to recall something about Hamachi restricting the free accounts pretty hard not too long ago.
Also, do you have access to your router? You may have to forward ports on that too.
Hell, it may even be your ISP being dicks and blocking ports.

Otherwise, you can try over in Haus of Tech support, they might be able to help you better.

Edit: \/\/\/ Save yourself fool!

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 10, 2013

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

S.T.C.A. posted:

I don't know what Amber is or how good it is, but slush/silt can turn into Amber.

E: It's worthless, which is sadly in line with everything else I get out of slush and silt :(

It can be used for orange torches.
That's it. :effort:

Edit: But silt/slush apparently has a chance to drop a Dino pet, so keep shoveling that stuff into the machine! (Oh and you can get ore that would normally not spawn on your map through it too)

Sojenus posted:

Checking the wiki to see just what the drop rate on a bezoar is and why I can't seem to get one gives me some great information

Bezoars have pretty bad droprate, also, prior to the current patch, it could only drop from pre-hardmode wasps.

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 10, 2013

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Edit: /\/\/\ That's a pretty cool idea!

Yar!

Edit 2: Decided to go back and add a bit more, since it felt... lacking somehow.

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 11, 2013

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

President Ark posted:

To save you some time, it's extremely obvious if they have the treasure room, as there'll be a shaft leading from ground level down to the chamber with a wooden platform at the top if there is one.

Even then, they don't always have a treasure room in my experience.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

One of the Terraria wikis says that you can make a Corruption biome in a Crimson world but not the other way around.

I transplanted a crimson biome into my main map that has corruption.
Tossed down about 400 Crimsand on the surface and watched as it started to spread to the nearby grass.
(then I built a temple on it)

\/\/\/\/ Edit: Yes.

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 15, 2013

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Hummingbirds posted:

How often have you guys been getting eclipses? I've only gotten two in the 50ish hours I've logged since the update... and only one broken hero sword out of those :smith:

I had three in a row once, with a bloodmoon thrown in for good measure. :derp:
I just wanted to build! :negative:

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

apostateCourier posted:

Yes, you can- hold up as you run towards them.

I can't always make this work.
Does the staircase have to have certain amount of space overhead before it will let you go up or something?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Decided to do something a little different.
A cozy little home close to spawn.
not pictured is the npc stackhovels on the left side. :ssh:

Edit:
Oh, and something I found on 4chan.
Some guy made an insanely awesome treehouse.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

First Bloodmoon with this patch, gave me a Junglekey mold, a KO cannon, a leprechaun costume and a fox costume.
With all the new vanity things you can also buy from the vendors, I need to expand my armory. :ohdear:

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

I have to expand now. :saddowns:
My chests are full, there's still plenty of new stuff and I need a place for my paintings and and...

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh god.

Apparently this drops from Pumpking. I need it.

Oh no! :ohdear:

No idea where it drops, but i'm guessing Pumpking

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

If there are many more NPCs I'll probably have to think of something. Or just shove them into the side rooms. The worst part was keeping the curving arches symmetrical. I'm sure they still aren't, but close enough.

What's up with that water changing colour?

Edit: \/\/ Neat!

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 31, 2013

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

So, where can I find these patchnotes? Steam is unhelpful and a quick google search yielded me nothing.

Edit: \/\/ Thanks!

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 31, 2013

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Someone on 4chan mentioned a brilliant thing!
You can paint flasks!

My alchemy area now looks a lot better!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Read posted:

Your house owns, can I see some more pictures of it?

Sure, I stitched a "small" picture together, it turns out that it's around 11mb and it doesn't show some parts of the base, since they are spread out on the map. :v:
Also, I can't in good faith call it a house, since it's more like a Bunker of :spergin:
Edit: Adding more pictures! :spergin: for the :spergin: god! :black101:

I don't know where the ocean went in the last picture.
When I built the pier, it reached up to a block or two below it, and now it's completely gone. :ohdear:

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Read posted:

Actuated tiles no longer remove the water over them on world load.

Well, that certainly explains where my ocean went.

• Locked thread