Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
#1 item I've found so far: Usuable light source that keeps up with you while you're moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Neraren posted:

Related question, the Tiger Gear is a material with two other ninja items. Are these items available somewhere before hardmode?

I don't know where the Black Belt is from but the Tabi drops from a rare mob in hard mode.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So I randomly got a Crimson Key to drop, went and opened the chest in the dungeon and received concentrated bullshit in weapon form that let me facetank Skeletron Prime and the plant boss.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Going full Tiki owns, certainly helps that my Pygmy Staff reforged to Mythical in like 5 tries.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
All the ultra endgame stuff is nice but I've really taken a shining to Golden Shower since 1. It has infinite penetration, a high rate of fire, and low mana cost along with the defense debuff jacking up the damage a good deal which makes it fantastic for mowing through hordes of poo poo while also hitting things like paladins hiding behind a skeleton army so they don't plow my face with hammers plus generating loads of health with ghost armor 2. It is piss magic, like the KC Green comic

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think the jungle temple straight up gets created when you enter hardmode since mine seems to have plowed through and absorbed several underground houses.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

The planet is dying. :( The only question is whether or not it's best to leave it be or pick up your hammer and help it along.

Dying? Sounds more like it is coming to life. The Crimson is true power, a vaccine created by the world to stomp out the worthless Hallow and limp-dick Corruption. Accept the inevitability of flesh.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shukaro posted:

Vampire Knives trip report: Literally the single most powerful weapon in the game.

I also got really lucky and found a Crimson Key before I learned what the Spectral Armor did.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Matrim posted:

My witch doctor doesn't sell tiki armor, does it have to be during a blood moon or an eclipse? I've even tried moving his house out to the jungle and he still doesn't sell the armor.

You need to have a Pygmy Staff.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Matrim posted:

My witch doctor doesn't sell tiki armor, does it have to be during a blood moon or an eclipse? I've even tried moving his house out to the jungle and he still doesn't sell the armor.

Hey I did some stuff because I needed a Hercules Beetle and found out the Witch Doctor only sells Tiki gear if his house is underground, so you want to move him into the subterranean jungle to get most of his stock.

The new NPC/environment interactions are sort of cool. Maybe to get Steampunk Wings you need to move the Steampunker into deep space?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure Red had mmo tank/healer/DPS in mind for Turtle/Specter/Shroomite armors because holy poo poo does Shroomite Armor DPS. Using the Chlorophyte bow (triple shot) with piss arrows, no damage accessories or archery potion, I was shooting 100% crits for 450 damage total on paladins with the stealth field up. Getting all the glowing mushrooms for the Shroomite bars was a huge chore and I guess lifesteal has babied me but this is great.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Vampire Knives are great and all but not having any penetration puts Specter Armor's magic arsenal ahead for me.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They get Shroomite armor which gives you nuclear crits.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Heavy neutrino posted:

They get the highest DPS in the game... eventually. You'll need the shroomite set and something like the Stynger or the Sniper Rifle.

Cholorophyte bow, magic quiver from the skeleton archers, and an archery potion. I wish there were more bows with unique attributes, it feels like all the creativity is going to guns.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

s1ppycup posted:

Randomly had a crimson key drop, and then frantically searched for the crimson chest to claim my Vampire Knives. Vampire Knives, besides being completely insane in their own right, are even more awesome when combined with a Fire Gauntlet -- the knives get a flaming particle effect that provides excellent illumination.

I want to equip a Fire Gauntlet, Mechanical Glove, Destroyer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, and Wearrior Emblem that are all damage prefixed, but that's a whole bunch of Walls of Flesh knocked down.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It needs to be an above ground mushroom biome, not something you find in the caverns.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I got a Razorpine from my first go at the Frost Moon which summarily fueled my next goes at the Frost Moon and also the Pumpkin Moon and now I finally have the spider pet I wanted.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jungle Armor was Cobalt Armor in 1.0 and getting it was entirely up the the RNG.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why is linear reinforcement bad.

Also on the subject of taking damage and stuff, have you tried dodging.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Be careful with quickstacking money, there's some bug where my plat coins just erased my pile of gold from my bank and also deleted my silver and copper.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The mana potions debuff lasts for 5 seconds, starts at 20%, and decreases at 4% a second over the duration. It was most likely put in because mana management was buying 100 potions from the wizard and chugging them whenever, or maybe using the mana flower to do it automatically if you are retarded.

If this somehow ruins magic for you then I dunno. Red never should have put lifesteal in the game since I can still facetank Plantera and the Golem with a Razorpine.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dang I guess magic is unusable then because the endgame lifesteal armor has a bunch of penalties.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How can you whine about that when your hugbox unironically says rebalancing single player games is wrong and sperglords who sunk way too many hours into the game (how many hours is this exactly) are explicitly manipulating Red into loving poo poo up for the insignificant. Is liking imbalance the correct and proper opinion.

Somebody make a game which is functionally a bunch of arbitrary garbage dumped into a vacuum, new junk is added periodically but nothing is ever changed because it's your world, bitch. It will be popular with people.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kyrosiris posted:

* Fixed a bug where progression in single-player was possible.

This is reasonable.

e: I still want to know what you mean by "skewed input of a few people who've sunk way too many hours" although I'm sort of assuming you're just crying about reddit.

fuepi fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 15, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Red didn't end up buffing any robot bosses and the laser Twin got nerfed a little instead.

Finally got a discount card from a random pirate invasion :kimchi:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

Yeah, more than any of the doomsaying regarding the latest updates for those not psychic bullethell masters if you get far, is the fact Starbound has spoiled me FOREVER on digging.

3x3 block digging. I can't go back man, I can't :negative:

Starbound taught me that I'd rather have single square digging at Terraria mid-endgame speeds instead of entire biomes made out of poo poo that takes like 10 seconds to drill through a block.

Then there's horizontal mining where you have your 3x3 digging when you're 4 blocks high.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Best way to get bait in bulk is to make a new world and take a hike to the oceans smashing any rocks you see for worms.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vib Rib posted:

The best way to get bait is to wait for it to rain, stick a water candle down in your base, hold one in your hand, and drink a battle potion. It'll severely up the mob spawn rate, and during a rain near your base, the only mobs that can spawn will be bunnies and worms, so you'll be swimming in the drat things.
Also, leave the candle at your base for free butterflies and fireflies basically any time you stop off at home.

This doesn't work for me because my base is an orbital Fleshstation built in the low-gravity layer.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Truffle worms are basically Hitler and they seem to be coded to spawn either in tiny underwater gaps or falling off a cliff right above you.

I don't know if I want to make my next base entirely out of slime or glass.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Sharknado summon is the best simply because it leaves mountains of gibs everywhere and also their damage output makes even more gibs real fast I guess.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I gave my first 1.0 world a going-over with blue solution since my base there is underground and right next to the jungle.

fuepi fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 20, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
For pillars you can use palladium column walls and paint them gray.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spergminer posted:

Does anybody have the leaked "alien" designs handy? I'm pretty sure that the fly here was among them.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The secret to winning the early game is to get a bunch of booze and silk and craft it all into 40 damage molotovs.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Is there a nice, convenient list of craftable blocks that make buildings look cool? I'm building a tower fortress with cannon crenelations but the only material I've used thus far are grey bricks and their wall equivalent.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The game evolving into a shmup by the time you hit mech bosses is extremely good and fun, the first time I soloed the Twins was very satisfying. I'm glad Redigit has been ignoring the people who have been repeatedly saying the game is impossible and unfun every patch since he put in the cooldown on health potions.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm having trouble understanding why people get upset that they have to fight strong monsters to get items whose only purpose is to fight stronger monsters. Do you just want to stare at projectiles as you fire them into the open sky.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cardiovorax posted:

Some people enjoy fights that aren't 95% desperately trying not to get hit. Terraria boss fights are grinds, that's how it is. They're designed that way. Stuff like the potion cooldown only makes them more so.

This might just be me, but if I have the choice between getting hit and dodging in a typical action game I'd choose to dodge 100% of the time.

You make it sound like dodging and attacking are mutually exclusive options. Do you have trouble tracking bosses with the cursor while holding down lmb if you are moving? Or are you stuck with the muscle memories from when you exploit parking your assistance on some meteorite to become functionally invincible.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cardiovorax posted:

Also you're kind of a little bitch for going for the "lol play better" thing right away as if this was in any way personal.

C'mon friend, I'm trying not to but you're making it pretty difficult :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm definitely looking forward to expert mode, I hope it turns even the King Slime into some sort of laser-making GBS threads gel disco ball that starts off as big as the moon.

• Locked thread