Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Everyone has their own agenda. It's wonderful, and I'm really hoping that now that the Beat Riders are all pretty much finished, the Warring States allusions are gonna transfer to a splintering Yggdrasil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is that SHOCKER Arms?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

HKR posted:

Everything is so good and the plot keeps moving episode to episode.

Any time now I'm expecting them to go "Whelp we know how to cure the monsters now so we can go back to our two episode victim of the week formula!" but it hasn't happened yet.
Not with Urobutcher.

What's the over/under on the episode for a major character death? Kurokage doesn't count, he was B-list at best.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm pretty sure that's :filez:, you might wanna remove that message.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah. I don't think Takatora showing up in the opening fighting alongside Gaim, Baron, and Ryugen was an accident, though I've at the moment got no idea just how that will come to pass.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It feels like this series is really winding up for Micchy doing something reprehensible. To who, I can't say just yet. But I can't buy that Urobochi would put all this effort into showing how willing Micchy is to cross moral boundaries and manipulate others just for a "never mind, I'm gonna stay with the good guys". The other shoe hasn't dropped yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still miffed at myself that I never got around to getting one of the cheaper Fourze action figures while they were in stock. :saddowns:

Now it's been long enough that they're collectors items and I might as well get a cool Figuarts or something for that price.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I haven't really looked. More than I'm comfortable spending for a Figuarts from a B+ Kamen Rider series with only two accessories. v:v:v

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What good's being an adult if you don't get to decide what you wear?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Eiji Hino Wardrobe Disaster
Care to elaborate?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

So, we're basically here now.

I feel dumb for not getting what this is referencing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If we're continuing the Persona analogy... does that make Takatora Lucifer, Ryouma Nyarthlotep, Sagara Philemon, and Helheim Mai Metatron?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Also, Kouta's actor is amazing and really sells his emotions.
He is way better than he has any right to be. I'm pretty sure he's got a better actor than either Eiji or Ankh, and probably on par with the W cast at their best. (Gentaro's actor is still the best non-Showa main lead, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 5, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Heisei. Sorry. That's what happens when you make 8 AM phone posts after a night of work. :doh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Potsticker posted:

This is pretty much all Rider shows right here.
Recent exceptions off the top of my head:

I've heard good things about Black / Black RX on the subject of follow-through. No idea about anything older.

W is on the top of a lot of "best Rider series" lists for a reason.

OOO, because that one becomes shitfiller during the middle and gets good again at the end.

Fourze would've been fine if they'd foreshadowed Kengo being a loving star child better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Someone really needs to do a "watch only these episodes" of OOO because like half that series was completely pointless. I love it, but I'd never just blindly subject anyone else to the middle again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Potsticker posted:

Where are the two other Ks coming from?
The pointy white/silver hat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

That's because it's supposed to be a basket of Fruits. :v:
Just don't touch him, or he'll turn into a cat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I really liked Fourze, even if the ending is both too cliche and not thorough enough.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you're going to watch OOO, stop watching after Eiji gets the Gatakiriba combo, or after the first fakeout about Gotou getting hte Birth Belt. Then start watching again about 20 episodes later when Gotou finally actually gets the Birth Belt, because absolutely nothing happens in the middle.

In faaaaact...

If you're going to watch OOO, watch the following. (Each episode is a two-parter thing, hence the pairing of episodes.)
1-6: Establishes the characters, and 6 ends with the first Combo, and a really cool fight.
9-10: Optional. One of the only appearances of the RaToraTa combo.
15-16: SaGoZo combo, bad poo poo goes down with Mezool, and the introduction of Kamen Rider Birth.
19-20: TaJaDor combo, and hints about what's going on with Ankh.
23-24: Optional. A really goofy pair of episodes, and also one of only two appearances of the ShaUTa combo.
25-26: More about what's going on with Ankh, and the first bits about another plot arc.
29-30: Ankh-episodes again, and the resolution of the seeds planted in 25 and 26.
31-34: Start of the arc about the Purple medals.
35-38: This is about where I can't describe why episodes are important without spoiling things.
40: Optional. The end of this episode is important, but nothing before it, and it's recapped at the start of...
41-48: The home stretch.

Huh. That's not nearly as many pointless episodes as I thought. Probably because some of the two-parters feel like they drag on. So, to put it another way, skip... 7-8, 11-14, 17-18, 21-22, 27-28, and probably 39-40.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 21, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fixed your post.

This conversation does bring up a good point, though. Are there any KR series that actually have satisfying finales? It seems like just about every single one I've watched has issues with wrapping up the ending.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Interesting the shot completely hides Kouta's reaction. It might just be a consequence of that being the best angle, but maybe there's something about the other side of this that they want to keep secret... aside from Kouta apparently deciding that "faded plaid" is fashionable now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Burkion posted:

There ya go. Kamen Rider Black, distilled to 24 episodes.
:worship: Would it be too much to ask for something similar for Black RX? Or is that one you can watch all the way through?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, what you're saying is that RX isn't nearly as good?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, Kouta's going all Colette/Eiji on us, and Kaito's got Super Plot Version of that Helheim plant disease from the first half? I was wondering if that' ever get brought up again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Guess I'd better watch this episode so I can join in on this CIA document.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Caphi posted:

fyi if you haven't downloaded it yet (or if you have?) that we have released a v2 pursuant to a few technical issues and a big snafu about interpreting an ~Overlord intrigue foreshadowing~ line. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience.
If it was supposed to be an intentional reference to the snake in the Garden of Eden, it was successful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, isn't Gaim supposed to be shorter than the last few?

About 38: I thought Micchy's actor did a great job selling his craziness, both the freakouts at Takatora and the calm insanity when he kidnapped Mai. I also just realized that Micchy is looking more like Takatora now. Early on, he had his own look, but now he's wearing suits and his hair is longer and styled the same way Takatora's is styled.
You'd almost feel sorry for the guy, if he wasn't such a little poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

V-Men posted:

The heroes had their little victories in the beginning and mid part of the season, but this is getting George RR Martin in how much the heroes are being punished.
The only real question yet is whether Kouta will fail to save his sister, or whether he will save her, but at the cost of something else incredibly dear to him (like having to kill Micchy).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Man, what a hard choice. Do I kill my batshit crazy friend in order to save my sister, save my other good friend and save my entire city?

I mean, my batshit crazy friend did try to kill me half a dozen times, but he's such a good friend!
No, see, that's how a sane person thinks. Kouta is not a sane person, he is an anime protagonist. Just one who happens to be in a live action show.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This may change by the ending, but I think my two biggest issues with Gaim are:

A) There wasn't really any consistency or internal logic to Micchy's actions for like the first thirty episodes. He's firmly planted his feet at what kind of villain he is, but before he was for sure going to be one, he was kind of all over the place.

B) With so many subplots getting picked up then suddenly dropped without warning for 10+ episodes, I'm really getting the feeling that this was a plot for a 13 or 26 episode series instead stretched out into a full-year 48.

Still leaps and bounds above Wizard, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Caphi posted:

glom, unless he meant whether or not you could justify "Micchy" as it is as a nickname in English. But it's kind of a rationalization; "Mitsy" is closer to what they're doing with it, which is why I use it (except in the scripts; at this point we're using "Micchy" for consistency reasons). I mean, nicknames can get kind of weird natively in Japanese, but "Micchi" is not very much so overall.
Mitsy sounds much more effeminate to me. I don't know what that says about myself or the character.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

toanoradian posted:

The horse is actually an Overlord.
Horse Apple Arms! Ride to victory!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dante Logos posted:

Given how often we are trolled by the previews, his is probably going to be all in Kouta's head/Redue attempting to brainwash him. You can't bring back the dead after all.
I'm not sure if it'd be the Best Thing or just the Most Anime Thing if Yuya's going to end up pulling a Kamina on him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Whoever said like 20 episodes ago that Kouta was on the path to become a classic Kamen Rider, ten points for you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Caphi posted:

There is a story. There is merchandise. I think the show is doing a pretty good job making the merchandise meaningful in the story. The short version is that the theme is about power, privilege, and responsibility, so each new, shinier toy deliberately represents an escalation of power and comes with a material breakthrough, paradigm shift, or downward slide in the toy-holder's arc. But they are going to try to sell you all of those toys in the process. I'm not going to try to talk around that.
It is also shamefully effective, if the usual prices for this stuff outside of Japan is any indication.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Caphi posted:

I mean, they're basically bigger Gaia Memories, and I want some Gaia Memories too. Everyone loves Gaia Memories and those things are like five years old.
I was just thinking "How can it be five years? There was Fourze and OOO, yeah, but..."

And then I realized I'd completely forgotten about Wizard. Or just removed it from my memory.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Burkion posted:

Also holy poo poo that Invess costume Kouta was turned into is not holding up well.
Watch out for my jiggly, hollow rubber talons!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fooley posted:

Maybe I just have an eye for detail but I also feel like the eyeholes in the neck were super obvious too.
One of them definitely was. The one on the left was so obvious, it almost had an old kaiju-movie appeal to it. Made the poor thing look like an old smoker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Scratchman Apoo posted:

There's nothing better in a series than when a character screams"I won't die like this!" but they do anyway. It's so goddamn satisfying.
So, what you're saying is that Redue really is the Overlord equivalent of Sid? :v:

• Locked thread