Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

At the same time though, good, you're the platform that hosts and essentially pays this guy, don't try to dodge it and potentially help him cover up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Leal posted:

Oh man, I'm currently waiting for people to cry out "loving PDP bowing down to the ESS JAY DOUBLE YOOS and FEMNAZIS *tumblr references*"

God I want this to happen so bad, please truly redeem yourself PDP and cast off the shitheels of your fanbase. :buddy:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Psychepath posted:

He then shut the stream off and played 5 hours of the game offstream, by himself, and stopped right at level 15 when he could have done dungeons with fans.

I would rather give Spoony money to do nothing than give DSP a fuckin dime, good lord.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Andrast posted:

If something in your computer overheats because of a game, the problem is with your computer and not the game.

Except in the case of Starcraft 2's release or the release of something on it, where idling on the menu screen somehow was pushing people's GPU's to try and render an infinite number of FPS or some poo poo, which resulted in some dead rear end cards. I always remember that one in particular being a pretty spectacular gently caress up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Matt Hoss, akak Bold Guy - Makes skits where he has "witty" banter with women and irritates them into wanting to gently caress him.

What, how fake or "HEH see they said X which really means Y" is this incredibly stupid sounding poo poo, because this sounds more like it should end with "and irritates them into beating him in the face" than anything.

Also it'll never stop being funny how incredibly fragile these kinds of scummy fucks end up being when anyone actually gets at them for being disgusting.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 27, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamesman posted:

They ultimately had a favorable opinion of him and told people to check him out because they liked him.

Well that's pretty sad and gross. Obviously doesn't change the situation of the other guy being a massive shitbag that deserves to have this blow back in his face but eugh.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I don't understand who you are calling sad and gross here

The PUA shithead almost entirely, just also that it's kind of sad that he got any kind of positive talk-up from them at all. People like that deserve basically zero kind words and even less a recommendation towards.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamesman posted:

So it wasn't like "Oh yeah these are totally our favorite videos on YouTube we love misogyny!" or anything like that, but just "Hey these videos are weird, we're obviously teasing this guy a bit, but don't take it too seriously."

He took it too seriously.

Also I'm seeing some other YouTube videos where people h3h3 previously poked fun at showing support for them in this lawsuit. Some have even donated to the GoFundMe.

Nah I getcha, that dude's a huge tool and obviously I hope the h3h3 people steamroll his ridiculous sounding case. I mean them just running down that list was like what does this guy even have on his side? :psyduck:

It literally sounds like the only chance he has is the "Terrible jury" lottery.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

I mean, regardless, if this was LITERALLY the first noise complaint and it led to an EVICTION, holy poo poo their landlord is a pile of fuckin' trash.

Then again, with who it is I kind of doubt it being the first ever issue. Like he might have a soundproof recording room now but has he always? Cause if I heard the average pewdiepie video screaming through the walls pretty much ever, I'd be complaining.

Also if it turns out he's misrepresenting this as a homophobia thing, he can eat a XXXL pile of poo poo for trying to pull sympathy from problems of a group he's not even in.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's still weird that they needed to hurl money at idiots to say a fun game was fun in the first place.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Advertisers can eat poo poo :shrug:

Deserves to be up in bold print on a billboard in this case, talking about and trying to spread awareness or lend support to issues of depression and suicide shouldn't be something you start doling out punishments for, jesus christ.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Spoilers don't matter and if they do to you you're a big babby hth

That's pretty stupid to say when twist endings and all that exist. Though you don't even need that for spoiling stuff to be a pretty assy thing to do.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Not that it really changes much, but in this case the thing I spoiled seemed like a pretty safe thing to spoil because it's something that you really really have to go out of your way to see in the first place. To the point where the reason i even mentioned it is because you have to already know it exists to know what to do to find it without just guessing. :shrug:

Yeah I didn't really mean in your case there, just meant like in general to what Genocyber was saying.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

God almighty it boggles my mind that people willingly give him ANY money.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

He at least made neat games though, DSP is just a big rear end in a top hat with no talent or likable qualities, I'd almost like to lie to myself and say it's pity dollars but I know better.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I hope it's not a joke, both in that it'd be nice to see someone with actual influence realizing they could do something good rather than happily keep eating the massive company's poo poo, also in that I'd never have to see his stupid rear end thumbnails ever again.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'm only disappointed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

muike posted:

And if people are digging up personal information about the people involved that's even more hosed up than the stupid drama

That's pretty much the whole point of that lovely forum that got the shmorky info in the first place, so yeah creepy spergs are being creepy and playing internet detective on people.

Even more, that trash heap is the kind of place going ape at some of the LPers because they're the thing they dread most, liberals and womz on the internet.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

I think Voidburger pissed off a bunch of GamerGaters which might be where stuff like this is coming from.

I mean they had gall to exist as a woman on the internet, so yeah that'd do it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

When can we try puddyply for crimes against humanity.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monk E posted:

HarshlyCritical is usually pretty good about not being obnoxious I don't remember how his original Five Nights at Freddy's videos were but they would probably be worth a shot.

He got into the first couple games really well then got more and more "It's okay" to them as it's gone it seems like, he's been pretty up front that it was also in good part thanks to the really obnoxious people that sprang up around them over time as well. Like in one or another of the later ones, he complained that there were a weird bunch of people really jumping on him over misgendering the robots in previous ones. :v:

So like 1-2-3 he was still getting caught by jumpscares here and there, but he wasn't ever a gibbering mess about them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Phil's losses are entirely his fault. He can hide behind the new youtube boogeyman (Not to imply THE ALGORITHM isn't an actual issue) but he's been on a downward slope for a lot longer than this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

I still can't believe that DSP's stuff was, you know, the work of a real person and not some kind of performance art.

People tried to say he was just playing a character a lot, at least to some part, to which I always maintained that I never thought it was true. Like even if you're trying to say he's one of those people that never wanna 'break character', the people who really do that level of dedication to their shtick, whether it's for music or videos or acting or whatever, they usually have the common sense or at least decency to hit the off switch for a minute when they're gonna talk about something serious. Even in his videos where he's whinging about his income or how his followers are at fault for him floundering and whatever else, he's still being the same big lovely baby, no matter what he was doing he was always the same shrill incompetent manbaby and I don't believe that someone like Phil has the ironclad composure to never once crack up at everything, come off too honest for his character, have a moment of weird clarity of the 'real him' or anything like that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamesman posted:

DSP should do Guest Grumps. He and Arin would get along so well and he'd get a whole new audience.

I really doubt it, with how bent out of shape he already can get over random faceless people in a chatroom, he comes off like someone who'd blow up if he had to put up with heckling, playful or otherwise, from someone actually in the room.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DarkSydePhucked

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'm baffled that any group would want him, he was never good and his atrocity tourism value has tanked a lot by this point and he's deservedly just falling the hell apart. "Oh boy, time to get in on this gold mine!"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Heard "I think there's gonna be" and closed. Here's hoping that half a second of his stupid rear end in a top hat face doesn't poison my recommendations for too long.

Also the guy's still poo poo, I'd say good for him if he quit.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

But as it turns out, people don't really care about that!

He did multiple lovely things and was lovely beforehand so it's not hard to still be on their case.

E: And lol to that edit, oh no internet angry mobs, whatever will the embattled multi-millionaire do.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 4, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

That is pretty weird, I get that she doesn't dig Trump but she's not like an extremist about it or anything (I hope).

That's enough to be an extremist to a lot of the american and elsewhere right wing right now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

Yeah, they did a pretty good job at tricking the media into thinking they're victims for problems they roped themselves into.

Ah yes, the old "You were actually asking for constant harassment and stalking" for the great sin of making videos about games.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

I thought the contention over VoidBurger had to do with the fact that she said something to Lowtax on Twitter, and he banned (or shadowbanned) her SA account. I heard the same thing happened to PsychedelicEyeball as well.

That was a thing that happened, but the terrible shitters were apparently already obsessing over her and others before that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

I think you are mistaken.

They're not. The whole ban thing was because they got at lowtax on twitter over the 'shmorky kills themself for the 5th time' or whatever youtube stream. Nobody defended the (literally) lovely child groomer.

Also you'd have to be really willfully ignorant to not think that their political leanings just gives trash people even more desire to hound them over nothing.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 6, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh you know, just likened immigration in america to the whole situation with Tibet somehow and desperately scrambled to try and convince people that "the western world" has gotten rid of discrimination and if you think otherwise, somehow it's you that's living in a fantasy world.

"Researchers say this is one of the biggest man made holes on earth, but creator Jon Jafari says he will keep digging"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

YggiDee posted:

When your own Subreddit turns on you you know you've hosed up.

That was the best part to see, like whenever he was starting to first get loud about his trashcan beliefs with awful people like sargon and whatever, there were still a bunch of people trying to go to bat for him and clear his name by this, that or another reasoning.

Not after this one, oh no, the entire thing is top to bottom a mixture of ragging on him and "What the gently caress" sentiments now, the only people still coming to his defense by this point are the blatant pol shitposters and their ilk.

Jamesman posted:

That's what I don't get about people like JonTron and Milo and even someone like Ann Coulter. You're trying to appeal and be part of a group whose ideals are explicitly HATING you. They're not going to regard you as "one of the good ones." Sure, you might advance their cause and give it more credibility so they can say "See? Even this person knows their place and understands we are superior!" but if they get the power and position they so badly desire, do they really think they would be spared?

Milo yanablalba at least was just doing it because they so desperately wanted some kind of validation, to be SOMEONE's little important celebrity, that the someone were fine even being nazis by another name for them.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 14, 2017

• Locked thread