Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

RareAcumen posted:

He's from Jersey.

Please don't doxx me. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

The last post raised two questions in my mind:

A LP doesn't necessarily need to be complete to qualify as such, does it? It's expected that they do, but it's not really obligatory, right?
And what has Konami done to ruin its reputation like that? I really need to find a way to keep abreast of gaming news...

Here, paradox, this will explain everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uphcEJW-MDA

watho
Aug 2, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

Competition is good and it's good that YouTube is trying to compete with twitch. Hopefully it will inspire twitch to branch out of emoticons of white guys making completely indecipherable faces.

Update: these are poo poo: https://twitchemotes.com/

Why are there 6 Taco Bell promotional emoticons? That's among the stupidest promotions I've seen.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Totalbiscuit is chilling in the comments, I think it's a GG thing.

He made a comment saying "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you..." Does he think that he's part of some revolution or something? How on earth did he think that was even close to relevant?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I really don't think it was planned from the beginning but that he/they/whoever saw how it blew up and then capitalized on it.

Edit: I don't doubt that ABC and Maker communicated to organize that last video but I really don't think that they purposefully did something controversial as a catalyst for it. It's less "cynicism" and more "trutherism".

watho fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 4, 2015

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Andrast posted:

You do know he stopped doing that after people complained about it, right?

PewDiePie at least seems to want to better himself, and he has shown some integrity lately so I do respect him for that, but it's pretty hard to forgive him for his past behavior.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

I'd just like to know how did he come to such a groundbreaking realization.

I'm pretty sure that 'Adults React To Pewdiepie' was the catalyst.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Earnestly posted:

Of course none of you would dislike pdp for his rape jokes if he were not Internet famous. His actual content is irrelevant. The flaw goons harp on is just convienent to cover up the distaste of someone getting rich and famous off your hobby.

That's really insightful of you. I hope that, at some point, I can reach the same level of enlightenment as you have. I never would have guessed that nobody would've cared about a famous person's behavior if they weren't famous. I was certain that goons kept a running tally on everyone who ever made a rape-joke and the revelation that this wasn't true has blown my mind, but I'm glad of it because it means that I'm slightly closer to the euphoric intellect that is you. :jerkbag:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Goons are all over the basement rapist reviews of Star Wars movies, too.

Don't tell me that we're going to need to start posting the Ishtar trailer in this thread as well.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Did Rich Evans do some scummy poo poo I missed :ohdear:

Or did other Plinkett guy do something or what.

As I understand, there's at least one joke about Mr. Plinkett raping his cat which... ahem... polarizes the Internet Reviewer Discussion thread over in RGD.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Jamesman posted:

I'm sure there are people who feel that rape humor is never OK, and you are entitled to that. I will not take that away from you.

I would think the issue here, regarding PewDiePie, was partly that his videos have a young demographic, and partly that he was making these jokes so often that they could be compiled into their own montage video and he can now be known as "the guy that made all the rape jokes."

That's my view on it. The rape jokes were so common that it became a big part of the "character". He even uploaded a god drat song called "It's raping time". Yeah, he apologized, stopped with the jokes, and took that video down which is great but that doesn't make his past actions okay. I really, really don't hate the guy, (I find him a lot more pleasant that TotalBuscuit) but I can't say that I like him either... he's just someone who exists.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Errant Signal is a really, really good game analysis show on youtube.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That was Tobuscus.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

If you had to show to the world at large one Let's Play video in an effort to make a good impression, which LPer would you pick?

raocow

watho
Aug 2, 2013

HGH posted:

But I thought everyone hated Pitchford? Or thought he was a crazy hack at least.

He basically has the same reputation that Molynuex does.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Please just allow me this one question: why does everyone freak out when the Gate is close to being talked about, to the point that it is reserved for GBS? It's a terrible thing on the Internet, I know, but why that specifically is taboo instead of any othet terrible thing?

e: also how far did you make it in the first guy's video, because I am 40 seconds in and am already tempted to close it.

Because that means that you care about something and that terrible label must be avoided at all costs.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Garrand posted:

Am I wrong in that these twitch plays are entirely missing the point of why pokemon was chosen in the first place?

I'll be amazed if they ever get unstuck from this corner. It's going to be a miracle just getting out of the vault.

No, you're completely right in that!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8o9JVyDby0

This in the only sonic music that's worth listening to. :colbert:

Edit: the comments on that video are absolutely hilarious.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

Each "part" was 4 minutes.

21 minutes is still more than most people will put into that PoS.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Fact checking will ruin the podcast lp thread

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

And FOV sliders.

This is a prime example of how to take a really good joke and run it completely into the ground!

Still, I hope that TB can beat this thing so that I can complain about his opinions for many years to come.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The problem with Bisnap is that he doesn't edit his videos at all so you end up with hour long videos where he'll barely progress at all and it makes for incredibly unfun videos to watch.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

A lot of people are just now having the illusion that YouTube isn't corporate shattered.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a49fipjglyc

Really good breakdown of the whole thing.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

When Max Landis calls you an rear end in a top hat then you're doing something horribly wrong.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Leal posted:

Oh man, I'm currently waiting for people to cry out "loving PDP bowing down to the ESS JAY DOUBLE YOOS and FEMNAZIS *tumblr references*"

Considering that his fans base is literal children I can't see this happening.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

now do tobygames

Sorry, that dude is fubar.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Apparently that de-monetization thing has been a thing for months and they just now decided to tell people. It also appears to be mainly based on tags.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Don't take it as me defending google, I'm just saying that this is not the death sentence of making youtube videos for a living that people make it out to be.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That's capitalism for you!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I like the SBFP people but their fanbase is obnoxious as all hell

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Leal posted:

Wow, he ran his mouth so much that machinima gave him das boot. I wonder if any other partner companies would actually want him?

I guess he could join Channel Awesome, he and Doug can trade let's play tips :v:

He was actually going to way back when, before he partnered with machinima. That fell through though because he got booted off blip for making extremely anti Semitic jokes. :ironicat:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Just have them open in another tab then? The visuals are secondary at most. He mainly appears on camera during the intro and outro anyway.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The full story is that someone criticized lowtax for the stream (not actually defending schmorky), lowtax sent a dogpile of people on her, and then Voidburger, Psych, and co criticized lowtax for the dogpile which he responded to by banning them.

Edit: i really like how all the good posters are driven off this forum but people who actually believe Zoë Quinn conspired with journalists remain. It owns extremely hard

watho fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 6, 2017

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Both sides of the "should you harass this woman on the internet?" argument were equally valid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

It's a good thing that you don't care about this thing that you're getting super defensive about.

• Locked thread