Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me, or do blue gems show up less often than the other colors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah. I'm not going to feel bad at all when a hack gets released for this.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The grey wolverine is a loving monster. His damage easily outpaces iron man, and he clears 3 rows with it at the same time.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
In the interest of science, and since I was pretty much done playing this, there seems to be no safeguards at all against memory editing in unlimited coins/iso.

I don't believe doom drops at all from that IAP. I bought it over 200 times and never saw him.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

Hahaha yes I unlocked the last mission! The last two fights you have a High level wolverine and black widow guest vs darken and yelena. So I put storm in there and she didn't even get hit once.

I haven't beat any battles yet but so far I'm see

2 battles with random mooks. Both rewards are 1 Thor red and 3 venoms.

1 battle level 40 daken level 31 venom (:suicide:). Rewards are 1 daken 50 hero points 2 juggernauts.

There is a mission to unlock that doesn't have a dot on the map to begin with? My last fight was against daken I think, with a guest wolverine.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Horrible cheater chiming in. Ragnarok is absolutely bananas if you level him up. At max level, it costs 2 red, creates 5 green tiles, and damages the enemy a good chunk. If you can get 6 red points you can clear the whole map just spamming that ability on turn 3. Pair it with storm and the other guy never gets a turn after like turn 5 or so.

Spiderman's stun also goes down in cost at the end and costs only 2 blue. You can lockdown entire teams quite easily like that.

Mind you, I think that if I leveled these guys up the normal way it would have cost hundreds of dollars each. Possibly into the thousands.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

bubbapook posted:

How much iso did you grind to get Ragnarok to max level without spending any cash :stare:

None. I cheated.

By and by, it costs several thousand Iso for each level. Just levelling him up took like 15-25 minutes of repeatedly pressing the button...

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Modern storm has the slight benefit that her green tile breaking attack when maxed only costs 10 as opposed to classic storm's 12. She's also much easier to level up.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The counterattack is really only useful when the other guy is better than you. I like the stun, but I swear blue seems to be the least common color to me.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think the point is to kill those guys before their timers go off...

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Looks like the top few people in the tournament are all filthy cheaters like me. Either that or people are spending engagement ring money leveling up classic storm to 50.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Hahah, you can cheat and still enter tourneys? Oh well.

Dude, I have a level 49 red hood, and the card only goes to 40. There are zero safeguards against anything. The only saving grace is that a level 100 storm has the stats of a level 1 storm.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I want 2500 for that doom cover I'm missing... but I can't earn more than 1 or 2 at a time... so that's not looking too good.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The one star tournament is just plain loving grueling. Even with three maxed out one stars the fights just take forever.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
He was actually useful in a few missions for getting rid of specific tiles before they blew up. He's pretty bad otherwise.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Welp. Clawed my way up to #1 with 290 ranking. Time to watch that ranking tumble.

They must have established different leader boards then. I have ~790 and the guy in the #2 spot has ~490

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

What does it take to upgrade a single skill of that guy? I'm curious.

EDIT: Got my poo poo kicked in by a team where everyone was 10 levels below mine and dropped from 910 to 880. I'm not going to get the 100 hero points (or Yelow Spidey), am I?

200 coins for skill level 2. 300 for level 3. Over 1k I so to level him up.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Jeez. That means that a lot of people are going to log in when it happens and the levels of all their mans is going to be completely different.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

I'm a horrible collector and can report that at 15 slots the cost for slots goes up to 150 coins.

And it maxes out at 40 it looks like. Don't remember how much that was.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Only takes a couple of minutes to figure out on android if you are rooted and have ever used a memory editor before. Dunno if they have memory editors on ios.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Some of the grandfathered in max characters have gimped stats. For example, my storm who had 16 in everything now has 20 in everything, but her abilities are weaker now than my other storm's maxxed abilities. Her red ability does 36 per tile on the one that was maxed before. The one that was maxxed due to 16 becoming 5 does 10 per tile.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

bubbapook posted:

It's the only four star I've seen so far. But before the patch it was 250 hero points to level him up. And even then, he's still worse than Thor in pretty much every way.

Yeah, but now you are essentially buying 4 upgrades all at once since now there are 5 levels instead of 20.

Also, he has more health than thor by level, and significantly outdamages him.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Spiderman classic is a loving beast at high level. 2 blue for escalating stuns wins fights.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
High level ragnarock + high level storm classic = win on turn 1 much of the time. Enemy never gets more than 1 or 2 turns.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't get the red iso event. I did all the missions when it first came out, and it hasn't let me do anything since except that one 4 red iso mission over and over. What am I missing?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
This red iso event is basically just a test to see who is willing to spend the most hours grinding that one replayable mission. Hint: it's not me.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I have a maxxed out Doom, and his attack squares maxed out hit for like 1.2 k each round, and his blue ability helps make sure you can use it over and over. It's not cheap, but it packs a wallop once you get it working.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they are going to replace that one red iso repeatable event in the last 12 hours. I'm at 8, and I'm fine with that. The person in first has over 1k more points than me though, and I have no idea how that happened short of grinding nearly nonstop. The points are stored server side and aren't readily hackable.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Mostly because the recent changes to the leveling system made it so that I can't just edit the characters level up to 200 and have to do it manually using hacked ISO. poo poo takes forever.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MeramJert posted:

How do the leveling costs scale? Like how much iso does it take to go from 99 to 100?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I've never gotten one of those "You were attacked!" screens...

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Gallow posted:

I wonder why, Cheaty McCheaterton. :smug:

True. But I didn't see one before I started cheating either. There are also lots of other cheaters playing, so I figure one of them should have attacked by now..

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The new iron man kind of sucks, honestly. His attacks are expensive as hell. Sure, he can hit for 9k damage with one of them... but almost nobody even has that much HP to begin with.. and the attack drains all your other colors too.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The best healing is a high level spiderman. Fucker can heal the whole team for 10k.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
And in news that should shock nobody, the cheater took first. Don't think I'm going to participate until they release some new covers.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think the last update made it so that I can't play from home via my satellite internet. It just gives the comlink down message and never loads. I can play using actual internet elsewhere... but when I go back home it stops working again... stupid lovely internet.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I dislike the new ability use interface...

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm number 1 in my bracket with ~1300. I can't imagine grinding anywhere near as high as some people are reporting... that would take several hours a day...

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I could have gotten the top 3 in the red iso event.. but the drat thing ended while I was still at work. Now I only got 2 of the damnable invisible woman powers. It'll probably be in the store next week anyway though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't have any repeatable missions in the first hunt mission.. and haven't ever. What's the deal?