Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

My Ragnarok is green. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The buff to Environment AP is ridiculous. Matched 4 together, then just used Containment Breach until everything was dead. If you're lucky enough for the crit tile to make another environment match, it gives you about 217 more, and one of those is bound to get you another pretty much. Think I'll stick to the High-Tech area for Lightning Rounds from now on, it's crazy.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I had 6000 and was at a loose end, so I went for four Lightning tokens. Two Widows, ugh. One red Iron Man, which helps for the second one I'm training up because I don't like the power set up I've got on the first one. And a Blue Classic Storm, so suddenly I have something to spend it all on. To 77!

Also I like that it says one star or higher. Like there's 0 star characters. Actually, that might be fun. They'd be HAMMER mooks or something I guess.

Also, the idea that the three star tournament is described as a level playing field. That one makes me laugh.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 21, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You probably want to save a couple of poo poo health heroes for Storm-fuckery too. Hawkeye Classic, your best skill is being punched in the face. Maybe you should be called Blackeye. :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Dammit Loki, why're you useless in a fight? :negative:

At least he's good on Lightning rounds. He ends up being the MVP most of the time. So much that I end up thinking "drat it Thor, leave that crit tile for Loki you dick".

And hooray! The 3 Star tournament is loving off today!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, I was just popping into the thread to say my game went bananas and gave me a bunch of Lightning Round awards too. A Hood and a Captain America and some Iso, not too shabby.

edit: then I stuck the Iso into recruiting, got a Classic Storm (wrong colour unfortunately), and a loving Spider-Man! :getin:

McDragon fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 22, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I guess that update was to fix the cascade of presents. :v: Got quite a bit from that, nice little bonus. Some were even from the Tournaments that just started, and I think at least one was from the Thornament. When this game bugs out it is fantastic.

New tournaments look interesting. Will probably stick more to the Avengers one because my only really good One Star is Iron Man and I want him for the Avengers Tournament.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Shwqa posted:

I wish I got one for the current tournament I'm #1 in my bracket.

Oh, I was at the time as well. Just gave a bunch of random prizes I think. Thor one was certainly random otherwise I'd have an extra X Force Wolverine as well.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

And only now does it occur to me that the bonus damage to Avengers would be really helpful for this tournament. It was even better than I thought.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So is everyone else's Back to Basics bracket really not bothered? I can hardly talk because I just finished the first fight now, but the top ranked person has a grand total of 194 points. Second is about 50 points below. My ten points are enough for around rank 115. I don't think anyone is even going to think about getting near those Classic Storms.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

bubbapook posted:

I'm awaiting the day where they turn Bag Man and Yelena into the two most powerful chars in the game, and the world burns.

I will be ready. I stopped selling them on sight. And you know what? I haven't had a Bag Man since. Yelena's skilled up quite quick though. Still get more use out of them as Storm batteries though.

While this new tournament is supposedly about the newer characters, I've gone back to Classic Storm/Thor/Battery almost immediately. Still broken. I hope before the inevitable nerf there's a tournament that boosts her. Hell, make it the Heroic Mode for the last part of the prologue. That would be fun.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Laser claws Wolverine? Are his bones lasers too?!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like the first and third points in the update. There's a couple of problems I'm glad are going away.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That new Widow power sounds like it'll combo nicely with Wolverine. Bet the covers are rare as gently caress though. Mines only 2/2 so far, will definitely want to max the new power.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I gave up after 1000. Those prizes were enough. Having to grind another 24000 points just feels like too much hard work.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wolverine is wonderful when you manage to get a nice stock of red and a bunch of green. Why yes, I would like to fill the board with Strike Tiles and do 500+ damage even with the lovely colours.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Yup. Oh well at least players who missed it the first time around can enjoy it. And I get to do it agai. With a better team.

It's actually been quite fun for me. This event was really hard last time, this time I'm stomping it into the floor.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Top in my Iso bracket is 1051. I got a bit carried away and grinded (ground?) my way up to 700 (wolverine is so much fun, filling up the board with Strike Tiles is the best), and I'm still only 55. Hopefully Invisible Woman will pop up in other places quite soon after. I've ended up wanting to collect every hero/villain now, even if they're rubbish.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Something I noticed about the guaranteed Spider-Man cover you can buy that made me laugh: you can get a purple one. I think I'd rather have Bag Man.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

WetSpink posted:

Eh, it's levels until you have 3 of em atleast. Might scare people off trying to fight you if you have a decently leveled Spider-man even if you are faking.

That's true. I've already got three though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Game heard me bad mouthing purple Spidey and gave me one. On the plus side, got another Wolverine. Two more yellows to go and he's all skilled up the way I want him.

Incidentally, I wish all heroes had at least one skill that called them by their actual name rather than their hero name. I think "James rips the enemy to shreds" and "Steve gallantly launches his shield at the enemy" would make me laugh.

I guess it would be like a news article about the Pope. First mention it's "the Pope" and the second is almost always "the Pontiff". Can't remember who pointed that out to me but I see it everywhere.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There's not much point worrying about defence. It's all so stacked in favour of the player. The AI just can't keep up with boosts and five matches and using the same skill repeatedly on the same turn. The three attempts thing is just icing on the cake.

If someone's determined enough to beat you, they'll manage it somehow. Just try to beat more people than beat you I guess.

Although one thing that always keeps me away is a high level Ragnarok on a Lightning Round, or a Spider-Man I even suspect has the 2 AP stun.

On the other side of things, X-Force Wolverine is something I'll pretty much always fight because nobody ever has a levelled one. Regular Black Widows and Hawkeyes and Juggernauts are easy enough. Modern Storm is simple but can be really frustrating. Regular Iron Man is more a hindrance in the hands of the AI because it loves to throw the Yellow AP into that skill.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Is Loki still kind of a joke?

Loki isn't very good normally, but he takes off in Lightning Rounds in the High-Tech area. I guess any of those boosted villains with good crit ability would be similarly powerful, but it's Loki who's my highest level of those at the moment.

His skills are pretty situational, but in the right situations they're wonderful.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Think I'll wait for a slacker bracket this time then. How long is the tournament open for? Will checking put me into a bracket or do you actually have to win a battle?

Also looks like the Unstable Iso quests refreshed again.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Fritzler posted:

You have to win a battle. You can check. Yeah, this is a weird tournament. I have a maxed out Hawkeye, but he is only at like level 5.

I also don't want an Iron Man or Wolverine, so I guess I will go for Bullseye.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

E: never mind, decided 4/5/4 was the best option.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Right, got the 1000 point prize. About 300 points above second last time I checked. Gonna just retire now and see where I end up in the morning.

Grabbed everything from the Unstable Iso event missions too. Ended up with 5600 points. Number 1 is about 5000 higher. People really want that Invisible Woman.

Also, fear my big-rear end roster. I can fit 31 peeps in now. Still got four slots too. I've got very collectory about this game now. When the Bag Man tournament arriv- oh who am I kidding he needs like a 1000 percent boost to be any good I'll probably just use the usual Thorverine combo.

Still, got at least one of most heroes now. The daily award is going to give me a Doctor Doom in a few days, then I just need an Invisible Woman when they become available in more places, and that's everyone for now.

They should introduce a third Iron Man and then have a tournament that allows you to use all three together and also locks you into just Iron Men.

Wait, got it, have a crossover and bring in the Scourge Regalia, that looks like an Iron Man suit. Could have a counter like on Classic Storm. Then I guess a skill that hurts him but sets off the counter, and then something else. Car related.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So is SHIELD Versus busted for everybody else? It stopped adding people to fight earlier, and once I beat them all it kicked me out and it's still greyed out now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Patch notes: Purple Spider-Men are now not worthless trash. Sorry Bullseye, you just had your shtick stolen and then outclassed.

I think maybe 3/5/5 would be the thing to shoot for with him now? I think I'm glad my Spidey is only 3/0/3 so far. New Purple looks great.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I cant get anywhere in these lightning rounds. My best villain is doom, but he's still 3/2 and only level 50ish, getting mauled by other teams.

Your Doom is mean.

I never do very well in Lightning Rounds unless I'm ready for the start, have a bunch of boosts prepared, a good supply of health packs, and enough resolve to do a load of fights.

I find Wolverine/Loki/Featured Villain to work pretty well. I guess in your case swap Loki for Doom. Then when the Featured Villain is Loki I use Thor until he's downed, and then just each buffed villain until they're all out. Usually Storm at some point too. I tend to save the health packs for Loki, and Wolverine finishes most fights on full health.

Generally I just hop in, get 100 points, and see what covers pop out of the machine.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, Loki Purple rules. Awful when I've got him and Mag on the same team. Most fun purple powers ever. They're basically the same thing too. Just a lot more random in Loki's case.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Any details on Punisher yet? I hope his skills are all just increasingly big guns. :allears:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also, hooray for the return of Buff Thor!

e: and I'm glad I decided IM40 should be my next target for levelling up.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, that sounds pretty great actually.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, Daken hides in a closet after his first beating.

Also, turns out that the big Winter power is just blue Forest Fire. First match was lucky and charged it up enough for one, then it one-shotted the entire enemy team. Sure, they only had like 3000 health between them, but still.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wow, that sucks. Guess you have to scrounge up 350 Hero Points and hope you get the right cover out of the machine. That's disappointing, the game's been pretty good about not pulling poo poo like that so far.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I just remembered you can use boosts to have Thor ready with his hammer right out of the gate. :getin:

So what do the other areas in the Hunt look like? Sure, we've only got the little pictures. Florida is obviously Ragnarok, and the Savage Lands are some kind of bird thing?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, gently caress the Punisher. Give us the dinosaur. Sure, he's rubbish, but he's a loving dinosaur.

Time to check what slacker bracket I can end up in for Double Shot, I'll be asleep when it ends probably, so not going to put too much effort in there. And another Thornament, that should be fun. Might just jump straight into that one and try for the 1400 point Invisible Woman. No chance at getting the top rank I don't think, slacker bracket or not. May as well go harpoon a few whales.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

A six green AP 1350 damage attack, and you think it's rubbish? Imagine pairing that with a Thor team!

His skill is nice, but I guess nobody really measures up well against buffed Thor and IM40. Who were the other two members of the team. He should have been buffed as well. Looking at him a bit closer, he's actually pretty great. Poor dinosaur.

Can I take the opportunity to ask how Nick Fury is friends with a dinosaur, and why the hell hasn't he had a film yet?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Anyone else have three or so missions that won't open up in Florida? I've beaten everything there and the repeatables a few times and I still have some small yellow dots on the map.

It did that for me too, then they just opened up after a while. I think there were a couple of non-repeatable ones that it decided I hadn't actually done, and when I beat them again it worked. It was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, from that update I guess that wasn't intentional then, haha. I have no idea how they managed to break everything, but I'm glad they did.