Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Seriously, how do they get a simple puzzle game from running silky smooth to nearly slow motion? It's unplayable now.

Obviously the next boost they're going to release is going to be for the return of non-lovely performance, only 200 HP for a 3 pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

More interesting facts from IceX:
"Thick as Thieves was tested fairly well, but it wasn't anticipated how much the PVE scaling would take effect with a large playerbase. The thing you may not see is that it's not just *your* performance in missions that raises or lowers your scaling, but also others performances. If you're doing well on a given mission and everyone else is too, that scaling will ramp quicker. Conversely, it's possible that a mission is there that people lose at constantly, so scaling is much slower."

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

A post from the guy who won the elite tournament: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2879

quote:

I said in the tourney thread that I spent ~2.5K HP in total, but upon doing the math, I spent 300 on entry, 200 on boosts (once was on accident because I hadn't noticed the changes, the other for a critical unshield in the last hour of the event), and 3150 on shields for a total spend of 3650. Take out the delta from the shield spend on seed team grinding and you're looking at a realistic spend of 2150 under normal circumstances to run my team with my strategy. A roughly 5 to 1 return on investment under normal circumstances, but still nearly 3 to 1 in actuality for this event for me. Still not bad at all.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Updates on the skip tax: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3362
As a summary of what this will look like with R48:

- The Victory Bonus begins at +30 Iso for a win
- The bonus lowers by 10 Iso per Skip
- The bonus disappears at 0, then caps out at -10 Iso per skip after additional skips
- The bonus returns to +30 Iso after the match is completed, win or lose
- The Victory Bonus is only gained if the Agent is successful in their matchup

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I'm really liking this new event. It's not quite as tedious seeming as just about everything over the past couple of months has been.

Yeah, the enemy composition is super varied and their levels are reasonable instead of 'gently caress you'.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

trucutru posted:

How would you beat that fight (without Spider-man) anyways? Who do you target first, Daken or the Muscle guy?

I did it (enemy level 165) with backup team loki, cstorm, moonstone and targeted the muscle guy first after wiping on my first attempt.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Karnegal posted:

ditto, no wolverine on my team is making it worse too. Black Widow Grey suit just had no HP
Their odd level/damage scaling decisions make 230 daken hit over twice as hard as 230 wolvX (155 best per tile over 70), and daken's % based health regen is stupid when he has 10k hp. At level 165, the mission was tough but doable, at 230 my same team gets wiped before I can get enough ap to do anything to daken.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

OH. That's part of why the Hood mission is so dangerous; they stealth buffed him.

Twin Pistols no longer ends the turn like it used to. So now he's got a really good board-churning battery in addition to his Dormammu's Aid battery. Sick sick sick.

That's always been the level 5 upgrade for Twin Pistols.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

News about upcoming R48:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3567

Hooray, respecs coming! Start saving covers for the powers you want to level up.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hahaha.

Placed 4th in the hard simulation.

Should have received 2 Highly Trained recruit tokens.

Got Standard ones instead.

:thumbsup:

Good news!

quote:

Simulator Event Round 1 Rewards Issue - 2/14

Unread postby IceIX » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:21 pm
Reposting here for added visibility.

We're aware of an issue where some users got incorrect rewards for their placement in Round 1 of the Simulators. We will be reissuing the correct rewards to affected players later today. If you do not receive those corrected rewards, please contact support.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So, did I miss something or did they lie about the whole "bonus iso-8 decreases for Skips" thing, because I'm seeing a pay-10-iso-per-skip tax straight up in this current tourney.

Last update I saw on that from their forums was that it's not supposed to be active yet (coming in R48?) and if you're seeing that you should put in a support ticket.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Fix posted:

I just started playing this, and I don't really get the advice in the OP to keep 1000 ISO on hand. Why do you need that reserve?

Before boost costs were doubled and the good boosts changed to cost hero points, it was rare to fight without +3 all/+3 red-yellow/+3 green-black, which used to cost 400 iso8 for 3 battles and would earn you 210-420 iso in a pvp event.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

Also, is it just me, or does Psylocke seem really, really bad? Like, it looks like all of her skills do a pretty comically poor amount of damage, and the tokens she makes don't seem to be near good enough to make up for it. Anyone face a high level version to see if she gets less assy as she levels?

According to the D3P forum:
5 Red, Level 141: Deals 965 damage, creates a 192 strength red strike tile. Reduces cost per strike tile on the board.
5 black, Level 141: Deals 965 damage and leaves the enemy bleeding. Converting a black tile into a 231 attack tile that damages the current opponent each turn.

Compare to punisher's black which is Max Level 5 - 557 damage(enemy team), 113 damage Attack tile(if countdown tile survives) for one more black ap.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

They're buffing sell ISO prices/nerfing sell HP.
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4110

quote:

The change:

- Sell prices for Comics have been changed. Old -> New
- Common (1*): Same, 100 Iso-8/0 Hero Points
- Uncommon (2*): 125/0 -> 250/0
- Rare (3*): 150/25 -> 500/0
- Legendary (4*): 200/50 -> 1000/0-
Added chance to gain 25 Hero Points from any Standard Comic Pack draw. This is currently set to about the same chance as pulling a 3* character.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Aw, the slot in pizza dog filled as I clicked on it. I've got 1100 hp sitting around so if a spot opens up I can contribute another.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

If you want, if someone else is around to make me a commander you can probably get back in quick.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Size upgraded to 9 max.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Vaguely related: does it cost more ISO to level up a 3-star than a 1-star to, say, level 50? Ignoring the head start a 3-star gets.

And another: is a level 85 3-star stronger than a level 85 2-star?

Basically I'm trying to decide whether to level up IM40 or keep on trucking with Cap. IM is lvl 30 and 3/3/3 and Cap is lvl 50 with max skills.

My level 100 3-stars do 51/45/40, my level 85 2-stars do 50/45/39. IM40 5 red does 2654 at level 100, for 13 red/2 rest, his blue does 1991 to all enemies for 20 blue/2 rest. Level 85 wolvx 5 red does 2884 for 12 red ap.
Also, according to this spreadsheet linked from the d3 forums, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ams8l75KESRddC1hcFp5UjB4cEVLXzlQU1pRY24zMFE&usp=sharing it costs roughly 10k more iso to level a 3 star to where they equal a 2 star in tile attack damage (level 98).

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Infinite Karma posted:

Maybe it's my noobishness talking, but the rarer characters like Modern Thor seem really lovely. The covers are impossible to get without whaling, the abilities are exactly the same as the 2* that's easy to cover-max, and even if you manage to get 10+ covers for Modern Thor, he's still going to be 100k+ ISO to get started as good as the 2* version.
That depends on if they changed the ability scaling for the 3* Thor at all. Its something like 14k iso cheaper to get a 3* to 85, so if the abilities are exactly the same, 3* thor would be a good investment (of iso) assuming he can be used in place of 2* thor for any requirements.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

UntrainedEye posted:

Doesn't say how long, of course.

drat my impatience.

I think they posted on their forums that its 30 minutes.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Pizza Dogs, worse than hitler.

My grey widow and ares are already maxed and the new FTL was released, so I contributed 50 points! :v:

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

That looks specific to Hotshot, and it has desert on the lower right so who cares about jungle? Lightning rounds are still jungle left city right.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Jug is the same as rag in that he's only strong in green and red.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, looks like the Falcon will be up next. Looks like they're riding the Cap movie's coattails pretty hard.

Their forum has a placeholder post already, with IceIX saying that falcon is 3* and has a purple active, yellow passive, and blue passive.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Joshlemagne posted:

Speaking of the new pvp event, aren't the points you get for a fight based on how many points your opponent has? What's going to happen when people have 6k+ points? If you think rubber banding is bad now...

The shield pvp in the prologue that's been running since release only has a high score of 1535, and no actual matches are occuring with the Season 1 score.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Piderman gonna get nerfed. :ohdear:

MStorm also getting nerfed.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Lightning rounds are not bracketed.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

5 black OBW is great. My patch is only 2 green, but one use of that lets OBW hit for 1k on a match three blue/black/purple thanks to the double hit=double strike buff.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Derek Agony posted:

Just started playing this game. Should I be spending my gold coin things on leveling up my starting heroes (ie Iron Man) or on covers to try to get better ones?

Neither, save it for more cover slots.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Hooray, I pushed from 250ish to 50ish in the pve in the last hour, I get a daken and can participate in the next pve event, woo.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Bruceski posted:

What's the opinion on the guy? Still useful, or sell for boosted ISO?

The last time they nerfed dudes and offered boosted iso, they ran back to back (to back?) tournaments requiring the nerfed dudes.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I got a blue spiderman and black psylock out of my 5 heroic covers. I'm tempted to try my roommate's strategy of waiting 10-15 days to join, he managed to get top 5 in his bracket with less points than I had for top 1500 in my bracket.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He also missed 4-6 tournaments (or 12-18 possible 3* covers, tons of iso, and HP). If you hate playing that might make sense to do but if that was the case why bother with the season at all?

He plays on steam and was on a work trip for the start of the season, so it wasn't an intentional strategy on his part. I'm tempted to copy it because I'm assuming that the 3* rewards are going to be poo poo I don't need like loki/doom/rag/etc again this season, and I honestly don't care as much as people who are willing to spend cashmoney on shielding between every fight, and 25 days of using obw/punisher/forced char against obw/thor/forced char was tedious as gently caress after the first week.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

On the plus(?) side, events with limited heroes like the current jug heroic are unaffected by the healing ability nerf and helped by the passive healing buff!

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Goldom posted:

Because the 3 and 4 stars got more levels than the 2 stars, making them proportionally better than they used to be. The idea is to fix the oddity that lv 85 2-stars were as good as lv 100 3-stars.

It also messes with people who balanced their character levels carefully to ensure that OBW hits purple, blue, and black over say Hood or whoever.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Haha simulator with a new hero reward! 2 star human torch (for the top 150 of a 7 day event), with what appears to be the exact same abilities as 3 star torch!

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Just realized I haven't played for a week, so I left my spot in Pizza Dog for another daily slacker.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

All this talk about actual fun and taco tokens has pulled me back in, any slacker alliances have an open spot?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Your points in the big fight equal how much damage you do to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I use the hood as my third with cap/grey widow to save a turn on cap's countdowns, and his yellow is better than cap's yellow for clearing bombs.