Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

I keep think about maxing my Ares for this exact reason. He's a pretty solid character, and is just annoying to fight against.

Ares and Daken are the two, 2 stars that I avoid. I know I will be taking more damage than OBO can heal, in the best case senario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright. I'm getting totally hosed this Loki tourney and I don't know why.

My Loki is lv 80. Usually I run max OBO and Thor or Bullseye and Punisher if the first two are dead.

Need advice.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:stare:

Haul for the 10 pack:

Ares red and green

LazyCap yellow
Hood black
Psylock red
LazyThor red

4* Wolverine red

Three other 2*s converted into Iso.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright GoonStyle, had a good time with you guys but I'm going to start playing very casually if at all after the end of this Dr. Doom tourney.

Feel free to remove me a couple hours after the end of the Doom match. Or hang onto me for my 5k+ points in the Nick Fury match until you have a replacement.

Ign: Virulent

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
How to design a PvE event to rape wallets.

Include two enemies each mission that do mass damage to the opposing team with countdown tiles (Pyro, Grenader, Sniper)
Lockout all healing characters
Lockout all board churn characters except for one that has a low max hp to begin with so when the player gets unlucky two pyro blasts will take her down.
Dangle the carrot of a new character as a reward, that you will need in the next mission.

Charge absurd amounts of IAP for healing packs.

Call investors and laugh all the way to the bank.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You know, even when I show up with a frustration filled połemic, you guys give good advice.

:thumbsup:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Also looking for a slacker alliance because tacos are tasty.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright guys. Help me beat the Deadpool daily for the 3* Mystique. Batting average is 0/5. Burned all my medkits and there are 5 hours left.

My Roster:

Currently in a non goon guild. Is there a cooldown time when you leave a guild before entering a new one? Evidently not! :haw:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 6, 2015

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thanks for all the advice guys.

BGrifter posted:

Grey Widow/Classic Storm/whatever makes it really easy. Load up on stupid amounts of purple in wave one then blow up wave two with Sniper Rifle. Use Storm's stun as necessary. Repeat for wave four.

I used 4* Wolvie/Grey Widow/C Storm and I finally got it. Nearly got destroyed on the first round (C. Storm down to 200 and Widow at 450) but once you have Green/Purple engine going and a regenerating 4* Wolvie to soak up hits when you can't blue stun it is pretty much a lock.

Never thought Grey Widow's red 2x3 AoE would come in handy. I even got to use Bullseye's Black boost to do 4K damage with three critical tiles on the board.

Got that sweet sweet Mystique cover.

Edit: Joined Bone Rangers as Virulent

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 6, 2015

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Yellow Cyclops generates red. That has a great deal of utility. You want to keep him.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Actually good policies from D3? :iiam:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25818

quote:

Iron Fist Buyback - Policy Update For New Characters
Postby David [Hi-Fi] Moore » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello everyone,

We wanted to let you know about our new buyback policy regarding newly-released MPQ characters.

If a new character has been added to the game, and changes have been made to that character's abilities within 30 days of the character's initial release, we will be offering a full Hero Point and Iso refund for any covers that were purchased directly or gained through Comic Packs.

*Please note: The increased buyback goes into effect only after the changes are live in-game. If, after playing with the newly-balanced character, users are unsatisfied, they can contact Customer Support. After verification and the player has sold the character, CS will refund in-game any additional Hero Points and Iso that was spent on the character.

*Also note: This additional refund does not apply to progression or placement rewards earned through PVE & Versus Events. The normal increased buyback, set up for any updated character, already takes these into account.

Using Iron Fist as an example; after the changes to Iron Fist go into effect (planned for 3/23/15), play with the character for a bit and try out the updates. If you are still dissatisfied, submit a ticket to Customer Support in-game (gear icon/Help/Contact Us) or here and be prepared to sell off the character. CS will provide you with a full Hero Point and Iso refund for any covers that were purchased directly or gained through Comic Packs and used to level the character.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25858

quote:

Upcoming Test: Powered-Up Characters in Versus
Postby Demiurge_Miles » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Hey All,

Miles from Demiurge here to announce a Versus experiment that we’re going to be trying soon.

In an effort to mix up our Versus events and encourage more team variety,we’re going to be trying out a couple of changes to our Powered-Up character structure.

For a long time, the prevailing strategy in Versus events has been “Bring the same two characters I always bring and whoever I’m forced to team up with.” We’re hoping to breathe a little more excitement and variety into Versus.

First off, we’re increasing the buff for 3-star featured characters. This should make them a more powerful and useful part of your team. Previously we multiplied this character’s level by 1.5, but the new system will make them scale up to a level range of 70 to 290. (In the case of a 4-star featured character, they’ll scale up to a range of 100 to 350, less than before, in order to make sure the other characters on your team are still relevant.)

Second, we’re adding in a group of Powered-Up characters that will be buffed over multiple events. The intent is that this group of Powered-Up characters will rotate each week, but for this test we’re only going to try one week’s worth of events.

This group of Powered-Up characters will include:
2 x 4-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 75 to 330
5 x 3-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 45 to 280
2 x 2-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 20 to 170
2 x 1-Star characters who will scale up to a level range of 5 to 100

You’ll notice that these buffs basically bump these characters up one rarity tier (bringing a maxed 2-Star to roughly the level of a maxed 3-Star, etc.).

We’ll be starting this test with the Human Torch Versus event that’s scheduled to start this Sunday (3/22/15), and continuing it through the next two Versus events.

Also I think Professor X is way too powerful right now.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

Devil Dino has a thoroughly useless 3-cost power, and I think Venom's stun costs 4 at max level.

But I laugh every time I see his arms move. :colbert:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I am acually enjoying this Balance of Power PVP gimmic. I get to mess around with combinations of my incomplete 3stars I normally would never use.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Who owns Constantine? Vertigo?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Is this Kamala Khan part of the Daredevil mythos? Why does she have Mr. Fantastic's powers?

More importantly if she has superpower why the hell is she still in Jersey?

Edit: By the way fishtobaskets, thanks for the tactical writeup.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thank you.

But dare I ask what is an Inhuman?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I guess I'll finally get around to adding a facebook thing. Add https://www.facebook.com/goonspore and let's send each other the purple crystals

shadok posted:

In other news, I have no actively playing Facebook friends left and I'm wasting a lot of giveaways. Ideally I'd like to have 3, who each have 3, so we can give each other golden showers of free ISO. https://www.facebook.com/goonshadok and let me know here.

Cleared my friends list since I was getting nothing back and added you guys.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.diep.5268

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Goonery and Pizza Dogs have open slots but I'm not sure how active they are.

I'm also looking for an active goon alliance now in preparation for Age of Ultron. We'll need an active PvE alliance.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28293

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Ultron is immune to stun.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
How do you see relative alliance performance in Age of Ultron?

After about 15-20 Ultron tokens I bagged a Scarlet Witch and Green Punisher. I'm happy with this event.

Edit: Green Squirrel Girl too.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 27, 2015

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Any spot open in a goon alliance before round 2? Being #1 in my guild and getting the second quicksilver cover by a wide margin is fairly depressing.

Metal Bawkses still active?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Joining as Virulent. We didnt unlock level 6. :negative: I've learned my lesson. Always go goon.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
We need a library of useful combinations and counter-teams.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
From http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11111

Handy dandy color coverage chart.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I am a little underwhelmed by Vision after playing with the full set Vision in the last PvE. I see what they are trying to do; make Vision a one-two combination card like Mystique's purple-black. But in practice it feels like Vision takes too much time to set up for a nuke .

Thoughts?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I only have one Vision cover and I think I might get rid of it. Playing against Vision in PvP, all he does is waste blue/yellow resources by putting out those countdown tiles.

Someone have a good argument for keeping him?

Also, what is the optimal 2* Hawkeye build now?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Retardog posted:

I couldn't have gotten luckier with my independence vault pulls:

:wow:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Oh my loving god.

I'll never pick a fight against 3*Mag/Lazy Storm/Loki again. So loving frustrating.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
loving Gorgon in the last wave of node 5. I'm running out of boosts.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

bouncyman posted:

Gonna recruit for the upcoming Galactus event. Have at least three spots open. Let me know if you want a spot. Alliance name is Bounce House. We're mostly 3 starred up.

Applying as Virulent.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
So this is weird.

I show up as in Bounce House, but I can't join the Galactus event because I'm "not in an alliance". Also the Bounce House chat does show up for me either. The alliance page says I can join an alliance but when I try to it says you are already in an alliance. :haw:

Alliance limbo.

Edit: don't kick me yet please. Want to send the error and see if I can get free tokens or something.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Yeah gently caress this event.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Anals of History posted:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just like silly match-3 games while I'm on the train or exercise bike. I have no expectations for any sort of logical progression or return on investment beyond the opportunity to turn my mind off for a bit.

:colbert: Still shouldn't support bad game design.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Got X-32 and a blue Professor X, bringing the good Doctor to all three colors.

Feels good man.

Who is Gwen Pool/ Spider Gwen by the way. Same character?

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 11, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Cool. One Black Bolt Green :getin:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Anniversary After Action because I feel like it.

Professor X Blue (now 1/2/1)

Kingpin Black (now 2/0/0)

Carnage Red and Black

Devil Dino !! Green and Red (Finally!)

Miles Morales Yellow

Mr. Fantastic Yellow

F Thor Red

X-23 Red

Black Bolt (5*) Green (FIrst and Only 5*)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Marvel Puzzle Quest: Lack of Documentation. The Real Endboss.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Lack of Documentation. I am Death and Pain.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 3, 2016