Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Got this game a few days ago and it's strangely addictive, to the point where I rather grab the tablet than play with KSP's new update. I do have a couple of questions:
1- this thing murders my N7 2013's battery, is it normal? It doesn't seem normal.
2- I grabbed one of those heroic lotteries for 150 coins and got a dude called The Hood. First of all, I could swear this guy was DC; second, he's never going past level 1, is he? It appears even a few real world bucks wouldn't do much good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

So there's a DC Red Hood and a Marvel Hood-that-happens-to-be-red? Alright.

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, the 150 random hero lottery is a bit too random to rely on. If you want a specific hero, wait for a particular event that gives out only that hero on sale, i.e. last week you had Thor and Storm available on their own, this weekend its uh... villains and hero 1 stars I guess.

You can get Captain America in the 1-star event. I'm almost in my bracket's top 10 :getin:

Getting specific heroes isn't my issue, though, it's leveling the characters after you get them. Even Thor (who I got for free for no apparent reason) - a 2-star hero - is stuck at level 4 while Iron Man and co. are all in their twenties.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I got my Captain, with the red power only since I couldn't make it past #15. He seems pretty cool, but at level 1 his usefulness in the tournament is debatable (even with the 150% buff).

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I could use a few more covers to upgrade my dudes, but I assume it's best to hoard gold coins until the update comes along, right?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

For some reason, Helium says I'm not allowed to backup this game. If something bad were to happen to my tablet, would I lose all my progress? Doesn't seem like the game has cloud-saving.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

With the new update, it appears I have maxed Iron Man's red and yellow abilities; there's no point in keeping these covers now, right?

Also, just got classic Dr. Doom on a recruit reward thingy :smugdog:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Really enjoying all this new stuff, but I could use some help navigating through all these characters; is there some sort of black and/or white lists? So far I only insta-sell classic Hawkeye and Juggernaut, which means I've been keeping everyone else and catalog space is getting drat expensive.

edit: jumped on the fake facebook train too, added everyone. https://www.facebook.com/liam.blimey

seravid fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 24, 2013

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

Of the ones you're likely to get early on, and others can tear these impressions up as needed:

Good stuff, thanks! Looks like I'm doing pretty good as I usually roll with Thor, classic Storm and modern Black Widow, with Iron Man and modern Storm as backup. I was wondering specifically about Venom, Yelena and modern Hawkeye; Captain America too but I guess he's still too new to know for sure?; also, some 3-stars like The Hood, classic Dr. Doom (though I'm keeping him even if he's sub-par) and classic Magneto. I'm sure they're pretty good but yeah, they're stuck at level 1(5), so I can't really see a reason to use them over a badass like my lvl 23 Thor.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I've maxed modern BW's stun so I can already disable the entire team (5 turns for the main target, 1 turn for the rest). Is Venom's stun better?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

My lvl 22 Black Widow turned into a goddamn monster in this new event :stare:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

As there any way to reroll your opponents in Vs? I keep getting paired up against people I have no hope in hell of beating because they're about 20 levels higher than me. It gets a little annoying after a while.

Skip?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

So, uh... hello there, level 115 Ragnarok :psyduck:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Waiting until the last couple of hours and spamming "skip" really works, I went from #70 to #6. Out of heals now so we'll see where I end up.

e: welp, down to #8

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

I got a Ms Marvel with red and purple! :woop:

Red's a damage by number of red tiles ON THE BOARD. Purple swaps 3 tile locations. Black turns a timer from the enemy to your own team's control. :stare:

Holy poo poo I wish I had that black power.

I got that one too, though purple doesn't seem all that useful. Red, on the other hand :getin:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

How are defensive teams selected anyway? I fought against a couple of top ten players with sub-20 level toons, no idea how that's possible.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Venom is a frequent drop for me too; before this event I'd never used the guy but he's at 5/2.

The heroic token got me classic Spidey purple. "Spider-Man reacts to threats before they impact his team. Removes a random enemy Special tile every time Spider-Man is damaged for 10% of his max health with 7 or more Web tiles in play."

What the hell?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I just got Gray Magneto and he looks incredibly useful... once leveled. Shame that'll probably never happen.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

ghostwritingduck posted:

Buy cover space with coins and hold onto your 2 star guys and higher. I ended up with Grey Magneto 3 times by random luck, and he's great for PVE.

I'm up to 17 covers and keep everyone except the usual insta-sells; it's not working great so far.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Fritzler posted:

I got a 2 star recruit reward. I got The Hood. Now I have Megneto Classic, Black Widow Classic, and The Hood with all one ability. I don't want to get rid of them in case they are needed or I get a second one (I did that with Daken, I would have a 5/1 if I didn't sell him, but now I am using a 1/1 Daken for this tournament).

I have five 3-star characters and today was the first time I got a second cover for one of them (gray BW). Even then, she doesn't cut it against any of my veteran 1-star characters; I guess I'd need another three or four covers to consider replacing one of my main dudes, so maybe in 2015.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Crap, I missed the Hood's round; guess he'll stay in the bench. Doom's up next, though, and I am ready :getin:

e: VVVVV Hood's round finished a few minutes ago. Doom's starting in half an hour or so. VVVVV

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Shwqa posted:

I got to the hood lightning round in the last 8 minutes. Beat up 2 newbies and got total rewards of 490 iso and a standard recruit token. I live with these lightning rounds.

I don't know; I was looking forward to level my 3-star characters, but I'm seeing a lot of crazy-high level dudes out there. At this rate I don't think I'll reach the top 25.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Welp, top 100.000

This looked interesting but at this point it's just an easy way for high rollers to get 3-star covers so they can steamroll us even faster in the next round.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

The Lightning Round recruit page now features Doctor Doom. Anyone tried him out? His abilities seem kind of lacklusture.

Starting at 950HP, he should be pretty beefy once leveled. His black power is expensive but does 34x2 damage, and that's at level 1.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

Just got top 50 in another lightning round and collected two Heroic tokens.

Bag-Man Purple and Bag-Man Yellow.

My purple is already maxed. :allears:

Who did you use to get that rank?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

Mostly Thor and Storm Classic. It's not so much about having the perfect team as it is going hard, fast and for the right targets (picking out patsies at first and then mid-range guys near the end who are worth more points). Though having Doom get hit and Storm blast the other team doesn't hurt...

That's what I'm trying to do, but no dice. After the first few minutes the newbies disappear and I have to skip twenty lvl 80 Terminator teams to get a reasonable opponent. I suppose I could take on those guys with my lvl 46 Storm Classic and lvl 45 Thor, but I'd probably have to burn through my boosts and heals.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Eddain posted:

Adding all you guys on Facebook makes the game so much easier. I get nearly 2000 free ISO every day!

I keep sending cash and booze to everyone but I'm lucky if I get a single Juggernaut cover per day. You guys are assholes :mad:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

There was an exploit at the beginning where you could set your time ahead on the calendar and some of the time-based missions would unlock, but it wouldn't explain people getting that far ahead. There are some people I've found on the MPQ forums who are running three separate teams into the repeatable missions constantly.

Ugh. I did the Ragnarok & Moonstone & Hammer mission three times - got 3x20 ISO for my troubles! - and already felt like I was wasting my time, I can't imagine grinding that thing over and over.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

On the plus side, the difference between #1200 and #200 is about two hundred points, and there are LOTS of people bundled around that 550-750 point range, so it's easy to climb back up. Getting in that Bullseye Purple range and staying there will require more persistence than anything else.

Why not go for Loki?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Starrett posted:

This iron man sucks!

I don't know, I kinda like his yellow power; getting stunned is no big deal since at low levels he's never on the front anyway and, as soon as he wakes up, you can trigger the power again since it's so cheap.

Combined with Thor, it's hammer time all the time :getin:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Top 25 for a sleeping beauty cover? Guess he'll stay under-leveled.

Loving the Juggernaut reward tokens.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I keep coming back so they're doing something right, but these events really are frustrating. Four times I was ten points away from the 900 mark (1,000 ISO reward) and four times I got attacked while playing a match. Win 20 points, lose 50 :ssj:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

How many fake friends do you guys have? I'm accepting every invite blindly and am up to 159*, but the spreadsheet only has 86 names. It doesn't matter much, fake account and all, but I'd prefer sending out free stuff to goons rather than random internet people.

*and I only get a couple hundred ISO per day :argh:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

Anyone else noticing that you are getting a lot more points per environmental tile recently? Or is it that they reduced the cost on the ultimate ability of the environmental tile?

Iron Man 40 is great with those: he gets 8 points for each tile, which means you only need a couple of matches to drop a critical on the board (lab map all day errday). Add a 25% crit boost and you can really ramp up the pain. A couple of days ago a cascade netted me four criticals, now that's what I call a lightning round :frogc00l:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I just fought a guy in the IM event that didn't show up in the ranking. He had 718 points but the list went from 715 straight to 720-something. Can we fight people from other brackets?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Shwqa posted:

I feel like this game is much friendlier to non iap users now than when it started. You only need 13 covers to max a person but covers are only about 50% rarer. You used to have level 3* with premium currency. Sure healing on level was nice, but ISO is so much more common these days, thanks to Facebook, that max level only take about a week.

Only for you, man. I know it's the third time I bitch about not receiving enough free virtual money from my fake virtual friends, but at the current rate I'd need a couple of years to max out a character.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Shwqa posted:

Make friends that are just starting that way your on their three people. On a completely unrelated note I couldn't pay this weekend and woke up with 10,000 ISO :getin:

Alright, it's on. Post your PvP name, I'mma hunt. you. down.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I gotta get me some Wolverine covers. Can't complain, though, Iron Man 40's critical spam machine has been working pretty well.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Just cleared 1k myself, #1 with a 70 points buffer. Wondering what to do with those 500 hero points...

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know, I figure 20 is enough for now (until new characters show up?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

There are if you only keep the cool kids. No, Bag Man, you are not a cool kid :colbert:

e: well that didn't take long, I'm down to #4