Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I think curiosity would get the best of me and I'd buy one or two slots and spend the rest on Heroic Cover rolls.

I just did this and got X-Force Wolverine. Glad I bought a new bench for another superstar to sit in forever :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Hahaha these first few minutes in the new event were great, I kept one-shotting everyone with my UberThor. Got 150 points in 5 minutes.

e: finished in the Top 10, not bad.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I was hoping you could get C-Storm's blue and yellow covers from tokens but it doesn't look like it. I did the campaign before the big patch, so is hero coins the only way to get them? She's at 5/4/3, I just need the one :/

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

death .cab for qt posted:

I loving hate boosted Thor and the yellow iron man 40. 6 yellow AP for 6 red AP unless I clear the fuckers out of the bottom of the board? Yeah sure that seems reasonable against a 9 red AP nuke that generates yellow AP.

You mean a 6 red AP nuke. If you can't beat them...

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Seems like it's impossible to reach 900 right now. As soon as I get to the mid-800's I become public enemy nş1; it's a losing game when you bleed points faster than you can get them.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress yes 1100 points, 200 points ahead of the #2 guy.

I'm in for a world of hurt, aren't I :ohdear:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Stickman posted:

Tried to see if I could hit 1200 and got stalled at 1100. Seems like it needs to a very specific time of day (or some maxed 3 stars) to hit. Or more luck than I've been having.

Same but stalled at 1000; starting at 600 wasn't ideal and you know I'll be right back down there next time I try. Worst thing is I'm not making any money with these fights, so it all feels pretty pointless.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Grey Widow is my most promising 3-star character at 1/2/2, so all these rewards are most welcome.

Any info yet on the "original" Widow?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Its definitely a nice mix of events at the moment. Murder fun time of Thor. Vs AI for Heroic, and bait and smash in Widow.

Shame about Thor's event's rewards, nothing really worth fighting for. We're on the same bracket, by the way, I'm #3 to your puny #8 :smugdog:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

WetSpink posted:

hey same bracket bros, kinda disillusioned with the rewards for Thornament now I've finished my Daken so I'm just chilling and taking what comes - just dropped all my health packs on Juggevent anyhow, maybe I should try to find a synth and seravid to forfeit to in the last minute to help you guys out if I can.

That would be so cheesy. I like it. Don't think it would help much, though, I'm back to the 200 points lost per half-hour routine.

Re: Daken, I'm not sure what to do with him. He's 5/5, level ~15 and I can't see why I should spend more of my precious ISO on the guy. The game - as it stands - is all about KO'ing the other team as quickly as possible and Daken works on the opposite spectrum. I suppose he could work as a deterrent but that never stops me when he's on the other side so :shrug:

Also, anything other than 5/5/3 for Thor is wrong.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Strike tiles, healing... All that just slows the game down which means you'll either take more damage overall or, instead of losing 30 points while you're in-game, you'll lose 60.

Way I see it, you just can't beat C-Storm + Thor's efficiency and with Grey Widow finally getting more covers (Classic Magneto's still stuck at 2/0/1 :qq:), I don't think I have room for a war of attrition guy.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I actually went for #1 just for fun and I do believe I did it.

Maybe?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I think the game counts your last match, even if the event finishes while you're in-game. Confirm/deny?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Yessssssss

Two covers down, eleven to go :shepface:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

3k?! Last time I checked 1k was good enough for a spot in the top 15. How do you even get that many points? Just replay that last mission over and over again?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Shwqa posted:

Edit: 1200 wasn't enough for my top 50. And yes we are just doing the last fight over and over again. You let hawkeye take damage to set off Cstorm 2 times. Then Thor redx2 and then Thor yellow to take out ragnarok. Then take out darken. Then take out yalene.

Yes yes it is. And I'm hoping for the same thing because I would love a 2/3/3 grey widow. I kinda wish the last fight wasn't so easy so that it didn't become a battle of attrition
Crap. I have to get in on this, then, because I would love a 2/3/4 Grey Widow. Just have to beat that mission 70 times :negative:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Slacker bracket owns.

What? Where I come from we call that Hard Mode.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know what happened, but ever since this new patch I'm finally getting a steady stream of free stuff from my fake friends. Perfect timing, Grey Widow is going to need so much goddamn ISO to reach lvl 89.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Suck it, assholes, it's our turn now :parrot:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

All these Woverine posts are making me doubt my decision to spend all my ISO on Grey Widow; wondering if a 5/1/1 Wolvie (max lvl 40, currently 7 :v:) is worth leveling over my 2/3/4 Widow (max lvl 89, currently 54).

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not worried, I just don't like to spread my hard-earned resources so I usually focus on just one character at a time.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone here rolling a lvl 85 Captain America? Wondering if he's worth leveling past 50. I ran out of covers for Wolverine so I'm sitting on a bunch of ISO with nowhere to go. Guess I could use them to add three or four levels to Grey Widow.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, he's useful at 3/5/5 but, like you said, he only sees action when I don't have my top tier guys available. Maybe he makes up for it with health? 2662hp at lvl 50 is pretty good.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Shwqa posted:

His max hp is 4450. And his main attack tile is yellow at 50.

So he excels at nothing. Meh, I'll spend my ISO elsewhere.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Yep, I'm waiting until the last few hours to enter the reinforcement event. 3 X-Force covers down, 10 to go.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Seems like every other page someone asks about how they should level their characters or who to sell. Maybe throw some builds in the OP?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone here with a triple digit character? I was disappointed to see my lvl 89 Grey Widow's best tile does less damage than a lvl 85 2-star character. I assume 50 is the highest damage you can get, regardless of stars?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Nice, thanks for the link (which isn't in the OP. SynthOrange :argh:)

67 sounds good, now I just need the remaining 4 covers to get there. That or 44,99€ :v:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Got another Grey Widow cover in a standard pack! I think this would be a good time to spend a few bucks on the game, to support the devs and max my first 3-star character. Let's see: the remaining covers would cost me 18€ (and that's because I already have 1k HP) and I'd need at least two of those 45€ ISO packs to reach max level.

So that's more than 100€ to complete a character who already has 10 out of 13 covers and is lvl ninety-freaking-one :psyduck:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I am almost positive I can make top 10 in the top shot tournament, but I don't know if I want to stay one below to get the Bullseye covers instead. I only have one IM40 red cover sitting in my cache, while the Bullseye reward would give me 3 purple and 2 black total; my first black covers for him. The extra 50 hero points would be nice too, since I have purple spiderman, a red and green Ragnarok cover and the aforementioned red IM40 sitting in my cache.

I'd go with IM40, he's more versatile and much more durable. It'll take you (a lot) longer to level him up, but I think it'll be worth it.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Spider-Man should be a 4* at this point. Holy poo poo.

Ragnarok should be, too. Hell, he should be 5* with his ridiculous semi-permanent 200% bonus.

(My Spidey is still at 0/0/2 :saddowns:)

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I thought they improved the graphics? Some things, even brand new stuff like the 'select tiles' pop-up, still look like crap on my Nexus 7 (1080p).

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

WetSpink posted:

Just for tablets with the new technology, ipad3 and up. (phones that could do it were already using it)

What new technology? Retina doesn't mean anything and the notes mention it would apply to all platforms.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

WetSpink posted:

The notes in iOS update say

** iPad Retina Support - Marvel Puzzle Quest now supports Retina displays for the latest iPads! (3rd Generation and later)

That's not what the notes posted a while ago say :shrug:

SynthOrange posted:

I cant get anywhere in these lightning rounds. My best villain is doom, but he's still 3/2 and only level 50ish, getting mauled by other teams.

Same :/
Magneto and Ragnarok at lvl 28 do fine thanks to the 200% bonus, but they can't compete with the 20k hp monsters out there.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

Magneto at level 82 is a bit nastier.

That got me thinking about spending a few euros again, but as soon as I realize how ludicrously expensive it would be to level him up I hit 'back'. No idea how they're making any money off this game.

Oh, and screw you :D

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

They finally buff Grey Widow and it's a PVE event? And only 50%? What the hell, man.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

triplexpac posted:

What does Grey Widow's Purple skill do? Just converts a couple tiles to Green tiles?

If by a couple you mean six, yes.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

Apparently that last one forces you to OWN an IW or you can't play it -- it doesn't give you one for free. That's rather mean.

I can confirm this. It's a new low.

seravid fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 5, 2013

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Welp, I'm in a whale bracket; #1 on the Alaska mission (not the main event) already has 1000 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Her purple skill is almost good enough all by itself to make her a viable team member. If her other abilities gave AP, she'd be rock solid.

The red ability could really benefit from that; as it stands, it's too expensive for what it does. The sniper shot would become pretty overpowered, though.