Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
It used to be a percentage, but the devs thought that was way too user-friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Venom' gimmicks got nerfed, so enjoy taking bag man out. Moonstone is a solid tank, and her skills have a ridiculous range of usefulness. Photon blasts go from a light tickle to one shot murder depending on the amount of red on the board, while her other skills really do depend on the board setup. So you either have extra damage, silly matches or a two turn stun/steal. Way more useful than Bag-Man who is just fragile dead weight.

There's never a lot of red on the board, though. 1) It can be used by most characters so it's always in high demand and 2) it fuels some of the most powerful abilities so you can't just leave them alone and risk the other guy matching them.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

I always have tonnes of red on the board because 1) it has a strike tile on it.

If you never match your precious strike tiles, how is Moonstone going to fire her Photon Blast?

edit: ^^^^I've been thinking of selling Grey Magneto too. He's just a poor man's Classic Magneto and I already have one of those.^^^^

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

So people who grabbed the Hulk cover now will get another one when the counter reaches 50M? Because that would be bullshit.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

AN AUTHENTIC MARVEL EXPERIENCE

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

delfin posted:

Fighting the urge to drop 1250 on Grey Widow once I accumulate another 200. Granted, my perception of GW is skewed right now where level 5 Sniper Rifle would do 4000-5000 to everybody, but she and Rags are a nasty combo even in normal times.

Do it. Ragnarok/GW combo is hilarious, especially with boosts so you can open (and instantly close :v:) the game with a multi-shot. With a decent Spidey (which I don't have :/) they'd form the OP-est team of all time.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Karnegal posted:

I'm also on the 5/3/5 boat. I got my punisher up to 4/2/5 and the 40% red thing is pretty sweet. I'll be interested to see how good he is when he isn't boosted, but the % damage thing seems strong.

I've been pumping him full of ISO but I don't even know why. 8 Reds means four Thunderclaps means 20 Greens means triple-shot means game over. I guess maxing Molotov would give black APs some usefulness, but Doom seems like the better choice for that.

In other news, I finally - finally - got my first Spider-man blue cover. To put that into perspective, I've been building a second Ragnarok while Spidey remained at 0/0/3 until now.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Dev 1 - Grinding during the last hour to place high is pretty bad, guys, we have to fix it.
Dev 2 - Yep, players only have to poopsock it once and we don't even make a cent on that.
Dev 3 - I got it! Let's have them grind multiple times per event and buy "protection" from us between said grinding sessions. Hey, nice score you got there, be a shame if somethin' happened to it, y'know what I'm sayin' ? :lol:
Dev 1 & 2 - :signings:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Top guy on my bracket has 1422. Ugh.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Turns out there's a 30 AP limit. Never noticed that before. Not sure why it's there, but it sucks that I can't dual-triple-shot; with 5-digit characters, it would be useful.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I used a shield to stay in the top 5 :negative:
B-but I really needed those Spidey covers; that makes it okay, right?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

So, uh, why do we need three and a half Wolverines? (question also applies to Black Widow, Iron Man, Magneto, Storm, Hawkeye)

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Afraid of Audio posted:

The improved the max damage by 300 but that is an insane nerf, looks like Rags is completely inferior to Thor now.

This. What a terrible way to "balance" a character; 2AP was too low but 6AP makes him useless. Just upping the cost to 3AP would have been fine: with boosts, you could then only start the round with two attacks - instead of three - and simple matches would net you one attack - instead of one and a half. It doesn't sound like much but it really adds up, which is the whole point of the guy. Hell, keep the green AP nerf too so he can't mass-produce criticals and that's it, you've successfully balanced the character while preserving his "hallmark".
Now you're really better off using those 6AP on the lower-class Thor to feed his yellow ability. 3k+ damage and a few green APs, much better than anything Rags-lite can dish out.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Eddain posted:

I really hate when IAP games change things you can buy with real money. Buying random tokens is one thing, but directly buying a skill and then later having that skill nerfed is terrible. If I were to buy Spidey's lvl 5 blue right now and next week it gets nerfed to 4 AP or something I'd be furious.

I'm glad I never spent any money on this. With better pricing I would have (probably more than once) so thank you, devs, I guess.

I got better (worse?) things to get mad about than a mobile puzzle game, but like many most of the playerbase, Ragnarok is the backbone of my team, which means I have dumped thousands of ISO (and 1250 HC) on him. Now he's going to stay in the bench indeterminately. That's pretty irritating.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't seen a single Ragnarok since he was "balanced". Job well done, dev team :thumbsup:

This doesn't even make sense from a business perspective: everyone's back to Thor now but he's as free as you get, while Ragnarok is was a gold mine. If it's not greed, then what? Incompetence?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Nerf them! Nerf them all to hell I say :unsmigghh:
Each strike brings Lord Ragna the Rok closer to godhood. Soon He shall rule these boards once again.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Jesus dont get into Clash of Clans what's wrong with you?! :stonk:

I'm... uh... kinda addicted to Jungle Heat :smithicide:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm semi-retired from the game, but a goon alliance could pull me back in. What's it do?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

In as xenoblaster.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm clearly out of the loop here, help me out.

I keep getting matched against maxxed 3-star fuckoff teams. Usually I'd jump in a lightning round with a bunch of losers and problem solved. Apparently that doesn't work anymore because of a nebulous entity called MMR that forces you to actually win a drat match with the crappiest selection of costumed freaks you can find? If I could beat Black Panther 141/Spidey 141/Hulk 141 with my lvl 7 Bullseye I wouldn't need to reduce the drat em-em-whatever in the first place, assholes :argh:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

You can also tank your MMR by not playing tournaments. I've been too busy and ended up just missing lightning rounds completely last week. All of yesterday the only opponents I've been matched up with in the Lightning rounds are default + hawkeye + yelena teams. :iia:

That doesn't work with me, I'm afraid; I can't remember the last lightning round I've played. I've pretty much dropped the game after the first rounds of funbalancement and I can still only find lvl 141. Not 110. Not 120. They're all maxxed :stare:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

xenoblaster waiting to be accepted in the goony AgentsOfGOON goonsquad. That's a lovely show, by the way, shame on whoever made up that name.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I've opened a new slot for AgentsOfGOON.

Sefer posted:

Are you talking about Agents of SHIELD? Because there are a lot more Agents of XXXX out there- like Nextwave, Agents of HATE.

I'm talking about the tv show, yes. You think I read comic books, like some nerd ?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Sefer posted:

Your avatar is from a webcomic, so I thought it was a safe assumption :)

Seriously read Nextwave.

That was forced on me by the freaking avatar fairy :mad:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So AgentsofGOON failed to get the black cover for Hulk. Here is the public shaming of the particularly responsible.

I was #1 in the PVE event. Also, my Hulk is at 5 black. Also, my rating thing is permanently stuck in the whale zone so PVP sucks balls. Also, t:mad:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

It's pretty lovely that he still hasn't been nerfed. Yeah I only have two blue covers.

And a maxed Ragnarok :sigh:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The slackers won. AgentsofGOON is free of my reign of shame terror.

I was actually going to leave the alliance today to make room for more worthy Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign e-athletes, but now I guess I don't have to :confused:

I'll still leave soon enough (again, only came back for the alliances and we know how that turned out :lol:) because gently caress this lovely funbalanced game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

There you have it folks: "I wasn't enjoying this game but damned if I was going to leave the alliance until I was good and ready." I wish we had come to this understanding sooner!

"I was enjoying this mobile game, then my enjoyment of said mobile game started declining to the point where I thought that stopping playing this mobile game would be the best thing to do, but damned if I was going to stop playing this mobile game one single second before that moment just because a guy on the internet kept embarrassing himself."

Maybe your mspaint scribbles will work better on your new alliance pals!