Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

MMR (Match Making Rating?) dictates who you actually fight for points. MMR goes up as you win battles, it goes down as you're attacked (unsure if successfully defending raises your MMR or not). The higher your MMR, the more likely you are to be up against tough opponents. The lower your MMR, the easier your opponents are (generally, though you may still come across the odd high-level team, if that player's been tanking his MMR).

Regarding this, I've had some success alternating winning battles in the current event and losing battles in SHIELD simulator. It seems I'm seeing weaker players than usual.

It's VERY anecdotal evidence, so take it with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

trucutru posted:

So, if you wanted to max every new character in the two weeks it takes for a yet another one to appear you'll have to spend like 400 bucks on ISO alone, right? Because this new character poo poo is getting pretty ridiculous.

Honestly, I like that they are adding more characters, so I can see more variety on teams. My gripe is that the 3 star characters outnumber the 1 star ones right now. Adding more 1 or 2 star characters and making tournaments exclusive to them would go a long way towards having different enemy teams.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Joshlemagne posted:

I honestly think that as counter-intuitive as it is more characters actually leads to less diversity overall.
Yes, they would have to make some changes on how they handle rewards and balancing, mainly because they have been handing out 3 stars guys, so they don't feel particularly special anymore and using a 2 star characters feels like taking a step back.

My wish list:

- More variety in tournaments, so you have to use different characters for each one (I've been using Spidey in each and every tournament since I leveled him up to lvl. 50). That levels the playing field, too.
- More 1 and 2-star characters. Rather than giving particular character covers, give tokens so the starting setup after M.Storm/IM/BW isn't automatically Wolverine/Thor/C.Storm.
- Cheaper cover slots and skill prices, so you can actually experiment and not get boned if you cannot get all the covers for your chosen characters (Yes, I know how naïve that sounds).

The developers have kinda cornered themselves with the amount of 3-star characters, because now prizes that are less than that aren't worth the hassle.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I have some ISO laying around, good enough to level up a 1-star character somewhat for the next tournament. Which team should I field? Iron Man and Storm are there, because I have them already maxed, but now I have my doubts about BW (for the stun) or Juggernaut (for the wall of HP and the annoying as hell Headbutt).

Also, I just realized where the name Pizza Dog comes from.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

LazyThor's green is starting to HURT at 1.500 damage each 3 rounds. You better have a good stun AND get some blue in your first two matches.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

HGH posted:

It really is the worst. Beat a challenging team for like, 35 points. Then some other team shows up for an easy victory and 15 points and you just mash through your options then the match starts and "+100% DAMAGE BOOST, + 3 STOCKPILE" and you realize you're an idiot.

What's up, boost-wasting bro?

In other news, going after teams that have an identical composition and a massive amount of HP is less fun than expected. This tournament is going to be a huge grind.

On the other hand, I'm currently 2 out of 2 successful defenses. :dance:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

That last Thor I fought was ~130. His damage shouldn't scale up that sharply that another 10 or 20 levels woudl one-shot people, but I was gaming his CTS so that Doom would suck up the primary attack and the weaklings only got hit by the half-strength part.

Hmmnn... I'm fighting level 70-75 in hard mode. Does the level of the enemies scale depending on the bracket you're in?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Lost two back to back matches as an attacker because OBW got a stupid 9-blue and some pink cascades.

Sometimes I hate this game...

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

gently caress you, she's the only thing keeping my non-whale rear end competitive. <:mad:>

That's why I'm aiming for 75 in the simulator. Sorry, Pizza Dog.

Speaking of which, I assume that OBW best loadout is 3 purple and the rest maxed, isn't it?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

As far as I can tell, Hailstorm acts as a single attack at the end of the turn, so only the total damage each turn is modified by Strike/Shield tiles. Otherwise a single shield tile would render the power completely useless.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Recently I've gotten very tired of this game's "rich gets richer" approach and the week-long tournaments, so I'm dropping out of Pizza Dog in order to make room for someone who puts more effort into this.

I've had my fun and haven't paid a buck, so I guess I can't complain.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I've been thinking about going back, and this is as good excuse as any. What has been happening in the game lately? I quit right before Alliance chat.

EDIT: Sent a request to Pizza Dog. I don't have a great roster, but at least I'll be active and drop when I'm not. I've already done it once after all.

Fat Samurai posted:

Recently I've gotten very tired of this game's "rich gets richer" approach and the week-long tournaments, so I'm dropping out of Pizza Dog in order to make room for someone who puts more effort into this.

I've had my fun and haven't paid a buck, so I guess I can't complain.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

They have funbalanced Spidey's Blue power :argh: