Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I'm a newcomer to this - is the Blue Iron Man cover available in game somewhere? I know it was a reward during the Avengers event. It doesn't appear to show up in any of the "buy me" previews in the IAP shop - unless those previews are not all inclusive?

JHVH-1 posted:

I've seen log in bonuses that get bigger each day in other games, but a bonus for not playing seems strange.

Why? It doesn't cost them anything, and if they can entice you to come back and play they're that much closer to getting you into the shop to buy things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Fritzler posted:

Hey, my new fake facebook is here. I just got Iron Man Blue but couldn't send it to anyone because I don't have friends.

Shwqa, it wouldn't let me add you.

I used your fake facebook and friended you with my real facebook. ...Which you obviously got, because you friended me back already.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I've added a bunch of people (with my real FB account) as they've posted in here, but when I get the opportunity to share rewards, I'm still only seeing one or two people, and always the same - never a random assortment. But I'm getting things from other people. It's really weird.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Emron posted:

Do you know if it sends out random invites to friends and the like, or is it relatively non-intrusive?

When they first integrated it, it was super obnoxious: trying to share would just offer 3 friends from your friend list, regardless of if they played.

Now it appears to only offer people who have the game linked to their account, so it's great.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
They're throwing in extra currency when you buy stuff in the cash shop, too. I've been pretty happy with this, might toss them some cash.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Just caught up on ye olde Facebook friend list again. Gotta maximize my free ISO!

I've noticed something odd with shared rewards: if I get a 140 ISO reward and it asks me to share, I get a pop up with 25 people - none of whom are PQ players. Any other reward, and I get a choice of 3 people who are PQ players.

I'd also like to say that the number of times I forgot to select Classic Storm and instead punched Venom in the face and set off a fatal cascade was... well, it's an embarrassingly high number.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I had been vendoring all of my Juggernaut covers, but I figured I'd give him a shot for this event. Thanks to shared covers and ISO from all of the facebook love, I'm sitting on a level 24 4/4 Juggernaut right now. I know the event boost is huge, but I was still surprised to see Juggs take attack priority over my level 85 Thor on green a few levels back.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I've done testing on and off but it seems like it just uses eldritch magic. Some people when boosted have more than 3 match score, so they win - but when everyone's on 3 it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest critical, and it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest or lowest level, or whoever's in a specific place on the team, or whoever the highest star is. About the only consistent thing I've seen is it always goes to a guest character if you have one.

For instance, I made a team out of level 1 Hawkeye (4.5x), 24 M.Magneto (3.2x) and 38 X-Force Wolverine (4x). Wolverine got the match, regardless of where he was positioned - if I swapped him out for a 25 Yelena (4x), Hawkeye got the match. If I substituted in a level 9 M.Hawkeye (4.5x), Wolverine kept the match. If I swapped in a level 14 Astonishing Wolverine (4x), Wolverine kept the match.

Could it be related to remaining health of a team member? Someone at 100% HP would get an environment tile over injured teammates, maybe? I haven't tested this at all, just wondering - my guest teammates generally get environment tiles, and I generally am not matching for their attacks.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Deep Winter posted:

Question! I have two star Wolverine and Thor. Both have 4 skills, 0/2/2 and 1/2/1 respectively. Why is wolverine's max level 21, while thors' is 16?

The first level of a skill increases the level cap by just 1.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

delfin posted:

Heroic Token bounty: The Hood (meh) and my last Bullseye Black. Really seeing potential there -- 16 black to place TWO criticals. I don't know that I'm ever going to get his "megadamage if 4" ability to trigger, but if I do it's at 5300 damage and climbing with levels.

It's Friday, so some random weekend tournament is likely to pop up at noon. Stay tuned.

I'm guessing it'll be the Iron Man tournament, but I wouldn't expect it until midnight.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I'm not really sure what to do with my Modern Hawkeye. I feel like I want to max his Blue and Red, and let his Purple sit at 3.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Wait, so the friend request with accompanying message "hi do you believe in JESUS?" wasn't one of you assholes loving around?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Nope, its someone that's trying to filthy up the friends list. :argh:

Going to cull a few people with non MPQ related avatars unless you're on the goon list.

Uh... Leave the Peppy Hare avatar. I've been friending people on the list, and associated people with MPQ avatars, but it's my Real Facebook, so I'm keeping it off the list. You know, so assholes don't ask me about JESUS.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Oh man. Enemy simple 3-tile match that resulted in an environmental tile T, which generated a crit tile that landed between three reds. Guess my Thor will take a nap!

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

vibratingsheep posted:

Yeah I have to hit skip a lot in the matchup screen, wasting precious seconds of someone not beating on my 1100-point pinata. Which just happened while I was typing this and I lost 100 points in two attacks.

edit: Stalled at 1160 this time, then the attacks for -50 started rolling in. Time to walk away for a while.

I feel your pain. I made it to about 1150 and then I stepped away to go to lunch. In the 20 minutes I was gone I got about 10 notifications. I don't even want to see how bad the damage is.

Edit: -200. Yeah, don't think I'm going to get those sweet, sweet gold coins.

Russad fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 12, 2013

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I woke up at about 900 points this morning, so I decided to try to hit 1200 before people got up. I hit a bunch of the people who had tagged me at night, but left two that were at high rank for when I got closer to 1200. In my experience, it becomes a real chore finding people worth more than 2-6 points when you get up past about 1050 or so.

I got up to about 1160 or so and then hit the guys I had been saving, both for over twenty. The victory screen on the second guy showed me at 1200, but when I popped back to the enemy select screen I only had 1198. I panicked and just fought the first guy I saw, who was worth 6 points. I didn't even look at my team when I hit go, so I didn't realize that my Thor was super injured and only had ~900 health left.

I managed to squeak out the win and miraculously no one hit me in the meantime, so I got my hero points and now people can beat the poo poo out of me all they want.

This tournament is really weird - I'm usually about 200 or so points ahead of the 2nd place person in my bracket when I'm active, and then I get knocked down to the 10-20 range when I take a break. My bracket itself isn't competitive, but getting the points to be in first makes me a rich target for people in other brackets. I kind of want to shoot for first again (I placed first in the IM 40 tourney), but I'm not going to be too upset if I don't pull it off.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

WetSpink posted:

I really need to get two more red thor covers on my thor, you guys make it sound so much easier to get 1200 than it has been for me, I only just nearly crested 1000 with no heals left last night, ofcourse I lost 34 before I loaded to the rewards :(

My Thor is 5/4/4, and with an all AP +3 boost, and a red/yellow +3 AP boost, I can start the match by 1-shotting their Storm, and then sometimes you get lucky and can use your yellow to 1-shot their Thor. Even if you're not lucky, it's just two matches to a yellow. Then it's really all down to cleanup - and considering Thor's boosts this tourney, at level 85 a simple red or yellow match is doing a couple of hundred damage. I just kept buying the two boosts whenever I'd run out, and I was only taking damage if I had a bad draw.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I was just shooting for some free ISO/tokens in the Doom round. Made the mistake of going against a team with a high level Doom. He cast his summon demons ability, and each tile was hitting me for over 500.

Not doing that again!

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I really need you guys to step up your game on sending me Wolverine covers. I'm stuck at 3/2/3, and getting 1 every 30 standard token pull just isn't doing it for me.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
So, what are people thinking for IM40 builds? I'm was thinking 5/5/3 red/blue/yellow, but I imagine blue covers are going to be harder to come by then yellow (at least, they have so far), and looking at it again blue is basically unusable at 20 AP buy in. I mean, if you get it it looks like a TPK anyway, so I'm not sure level 5 blue (adds a 2 turn stun on the target) is particularly useful. But every point you add to yellow increases the AP cost, and considering that you're only guaranteed to get countdown tiles, I don't see why I would use that over, say, a guaranteed 2K hit from Thor.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

delfin posted:

I'm not seeing it yet on iOS.

I see it in the App Store now, I assume they're rolling it out.

EDIT: The new UI is going to take me a little time to get used to, but I think I like it.

Russad fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 18, 2013

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Wow. Top two in my Juggernaut bracket are over 10k. My 5412 is good enough for 4th place with a bunch of people catching up. Dropped to 8th overnight.

I was sitting pretty at 3rd for most of the weekend and devoted most of my energy to maintaining 1st for the Widow tourney, but now I'm sitting perilously close to the 15th place cutoff in my bracket (I'm at 12 with about 4200 points - clawed my way up from 17 when I woke up this morning). I'm concerned that enough people are going to be ambitious enough to push me past the 15th place cutoff, and I want those covers, dammit! The leader of my bracket has 8900 loving points, and that's up about 1K from this morning.

Has a boosted character always had boosted health, too? I just used IM40 in the Juggernaut tourney and he had a ridiculous amount of hitpoints (more than his 3470).

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I got more coins than I thought I would from the Heroic Event. Now I'm sitting on 2200 coins and I'm just not sure what to do with them. I already have 30 slots in the roster, and it's a staggering 400 coins per slot right now. I guess I could get up to 35 (assuming the cost stays constant until then - if it's consistent with earlier tiers, I expect it to increase again at 35). That's also enough to cap out my Astonishing Wolverine's abilities. But this game also scratches the same itch I have when cracking packs in a CCG. The thrill of opening a pack and getting something awesome (like the X-Force wolvie I got from a Standard token mission reward). But I also know that if I try, I'm just going to end up with 14 Bag-Man covers and want to punch myself in the dick.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

MeramJert posted:

5 red / 5 yellow / 3 green is the most popular and probably overall best. 5 red / 4 yellow / 4 green is mostly as good, though. Anything other than these two choices will be much worse.

Yeah, that. I ended up with 5/4/4 because of the skill/cover changes a few weeks back, and it's not bad. But there are a lot of times that I needed 1 less yellow AP to beat a dude down, and very rarely do I wish my green skill were cheaper.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

seravid posted:

I don't know what happened, but ever since this new patch I'm finally getting a steady stream of free stuff from my fake friends. Perfect timing, Grey Widow is going to need so much goddamn ISO to reach lvl 89.

I'm seeing the opposite - my flow of free ISO has become a drip.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

delfin posted:

Keep in mind that many of us have a shitload of buddies now. Even when it's generous and decides to send to 25 people instead of three when I get a reward, you might have a 1-in-3 or 1-in-4 chance of being selected. When it sends to three people, good luck.

I'm just saying, I was waking up to 3K ISO and now I'm getting a couple of hundred. I had grown accustomed to a certain style of living. Basically, I need ISO alimony now.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I've really come around on IM40. When I saw his abilities (and their costs) I was pretty sure he was terrible. But I gave him a shot when he was boosted, and now I've used him a bit when he's not boosted, and he's pretty solid. If you can keep them around, the yellow tiles are great utility. His blue does massive team damage, and the red is a solid single target hit. I've only got him in the mid 60's right now, so I don't see myself taking him over Thor. But if I can get him leveled, I would probably actually consider it.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Totally forgot that the villains all get boosts even outside of a tournament specific to them. Guess I'll just go gently caress myself while my dudes recover from that 11K HP Ragnarok.

EDIT - Haha, and I got him down to about 4K before I died, but when I look at the rematch, he's back at full health. NOPE.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I hope they rethink this buffing a bit, lest this become Marvel Ragnarok Quest.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
One thing I like about the new power interface is that it doesn't require a tile of that color on the board to activate a power. It was an edge case, but there were a few occasions where I wanted to use a power but I couldn't because the only ones on the board were special tiles that didn't count as tiles of that color.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

bubbapook posted:

is anyone else noticing the AI getting some absolutely insane cascades/crit usage since the last update? It's not a case of selective memory, because I get occasional ones as well, but in the last couple of rounds I've had multiple occurrences of the AI literally whipping me stupid with enviro crits cascading into more enviro crits into board collapses and then an endless shitstorm of skills. I had one fight where I watched the AI perform aggressive recon three times in one batch of attacks.

I don't think I've ever seen the AI use an ability more than once a turn, even if they had the AP for it.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I got a diabolical token from one of the Ragnarok rounds, but gods forbid I get some more stupid Hood tokens. :argh:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Fritzler posted:

I just got an award that said I was a top ten finisher in the arena with two moonstone covers, some ISO and 50 HP. Did anyone else get this? I have no idea what this was for. For the arena where there was a moonstone award I was a top 2 finisher and got all three covers, so it isn't a redux of that.

I just got 3 moonstone covers, 100 HP, and a blue Hood cover, and two ISO awards. No idea what that was.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
The system just glitched again and gave me two Cap Covers (mine is already maxed), some ISO, and 300 coins.

It's good to be the king!

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Restarting the app seems a bit buggy, and sometimes heals one of your team to full health. Sometimes.

What I have noticed, is that it only works for certain characters. I've been using Grey Widow, IM40, and Thor for the Avengers tourney. If I kill the app, Widow and IM go to full health 100% of the time (and if they're dead, they revive at full). Thor will always need a medkit or time.

On an unrelated note, gently caress 5 blue Spidey right in his pedipalp.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I decided to use my stack of HP to finish up my wolverine's final two yellow covers, and to get the last two Spidey blue covers. Even at 5 blue, 1 yellow, Spidey is some horse poo poo. I've been using Wolverine, Spidey, and the new Widow. I finish all of the heroics at full health with an extra helping of smug smile. Lock down the enemy team , get some strike tiles, heal, move on.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Eddain posted:

Think the missions changed around noon daily.

Every other day.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I don't understand the scaling in the ISO event. I'm trying to keep in range of the gent in first place, but both of my repeatables drop to 0 before I get within 100 points of him. It seems like the value might increase over time, rather than as a function of your overall position in the rankings?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

delfin posted:

It took 11000 points to secure it, but I got my Sue Storm green and blue. Now I just have to remember why, beyond the 500 HP.

Is it just me, or does her head look like it's just a bit... off? Like they gave her a neck two sizes too large or put an Invisible Woman head on the wrong action figure.

I think the neck is the problem. It's really long, comparatively speaking, and it was really jarring for me as soon as I got my covers. She just looks awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Are the repeatables similar to the last event, where the values diminished as you repeated them, and then "recharged" after a while?