Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Jesus, Dr. Doom is a beast in this event. I don't even need to use boosts in half of Hard Mode, and my Doom is only natively around level 45. Who are good characters to pair with him? I've swapped him in with my Thor/OBW/CStorm team, but other than OBW working well with everyone, nothing seems like an obvious match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

McDragon posted:

I got a Psylocke from a Standard Token today. Of course, the date means nobody will believe me. :v:
I got both an Invisible Woman and X-Force Wolverine from heroic tokens in the past week. They're both terrible, so why lie, even today? :toot:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Fat Samurai posted:

Recently I've gotten very tired of this game's "rich gets richer" approach and the week-long tournaments, so I'm dropping out of Pizza Dog in order to make room for someone who puts more effort into this.

I've had my fun and haven't paid a buck, so I guess I can't complain.
Any chance I could have this spot?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Whats your in game name so I can approve your spot?

BobSocko

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Just did, I didn't want to do so without asking first. :)

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Had a fun fight in the new Human Torch event, where both my opponent and I had a CStorm. I hit his CStorm hard enough to cause her to retaliate. This did enough damage to my Torch to cause my CStorm to retaliate. This went back and forth a few times until both our Torches were dead, but so was his CStorm. Quick and easy.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The Hunt is great. It's low enough of a level to make it accessible for new players, and a good source of ISO for experienced players.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Maybe we're due for a new thread with a tweaked/updated OP? I also sold off some 1-stars that I have since reclaimed, and am now collecting Juggs/Venom covers, which goes against the advice of the OP.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

What's the consensus regarding Punisher builds? I'm at 5/4/4 right now and am pretty happy. It's pretty easy to spam black, the strike tiles are decent (albeit chaotic), and the red hits hard for its cost and is nice against tanks. Am I really missing much by not going 5/5/3 instead?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Syrinxx posted:

I have been playing this game for 148 days according to my daily rewards, and I have 2 punisher covers. How do people have so many of these rare covers? Do people buy that many packs?
Partly luck, partly timing from when I started. On the flip side, my Spider Man has two purple covers and that's it, so he's basically a waste of space.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Anyone here with the username 4eveRwithYou? Just tried to join Pizza Dog?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Auritech posted:

The "Inspiration" animation is possibly the most silly they've made yet. And like all one cover heroes, he is utterly useless.
Nah, the yellow boost stacks, which makes it at least somewhat helpful. Now, his blue skill, that seems all but worthless at one cover.

Hay guys, guess who just won a blue Falcon cover from The Hunt? :smith:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

DrowningHarvey posted:

I just saw a level 116 Falcon in the event. :stonk:
Was it Battle_Angel? If so, don't worry, that's a bot used to help seed brackets before more players join.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

NoMistake posted:

The main reason why I boost up Falcon was to let everyone know my legitamacy in this game. No hack, no cheat, no bots... All my heroes dual wield guns called Visa & Mastercard.
Legitimacy, huh? Not sure if that's the word he let me know.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

There's a difference between not playing and not playing "enough". As goons, it is our job to make fun of poopsockers, not become them.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Mystique. One ability mimics the highest-ISO ability of the other highest-ISO character on your team, second ability mimics a random ability of either other character, third ability is a blue heal that only helps her.

Alternate ability - matches the highest-ISO ability of one of your opponents, or a random ability of an opponent.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Loki? More like an extra 500 ISO.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah no kyip glitch this time around to inflate scores. Didn't stop AgentsofGOON from barely missing the 100 mark again. I know many of you were looking forward to the shame box but they didn't leave the post event results to screen cap. I think xenoblaster and darealzep would have been our featured slackers if I remember correctly.
I'd tell you to get a hobby, but you've already got one. Instead, chill out and stop breaking balls over a match three game.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Just had good/bad luck with my 10-pack of tokens from Season 1 rewards - two 4-star covers, an IM40, and a Ragnarok. The two-star covers were useful with the exception of a pair of Bullseyes. Good reward for a reasonable grind.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

gromdul posted:

I love Ares. I just one-shotted a Thor with 26 green AP.
I keep think about maxing my Ares for this exact reason. He's a pretty solid character, and is just annoying to fight against.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

From his cover art, it looks like Daken has a tatoo. How? Wouldn't it just regenerate away?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Nah, he'd miss the melodious sound of my voice.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The strike tiles made up for Daken's low max level. His entire purpose, his joie de vivre, was to be annoying. This is a bad tweak, even if it totally helps me.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Lofty132 posted:

Got a Purple Spidey cover from the Loki Heroic Token, better than the Bagman I expected.
I got a Lazythor, I'm happy.

Arschlochkind posted:

I don't think my God of Lies bracket is through the roof with weird MMR like the Ragnarok one was, from what I can tell - #1 is at ~700 and all seems fairly normal in that regard right now - but I am getting a weird new thing where the loving game isn't giving me any matches worth more than 15 points or so.

I just started a couple of hours ago and I'm at 156 points at rank #252, I'm still fighting the same motherfuckers I always do that would normally get me at least 20 in this phase of a PvP, but now the game is saying "gently caress you, here's 14 points." I don't get it.
I'm seeing a 50/50 mix of good 2-star teams and beatable 3-star teams, with more reasonable max scores. Much better than last time.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Happy Bear Suit posted:

IM40 results: Top 25, 912 points, didn't even shield once :smug:
I was more-or-less I the same boat. Not sure if it was my bracket, my team, or dumb luck, but it was nice to know I don't have to shield to get a decent ranking.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

JBones posted:

What are these magical teams that you're running that no one dares attack?
Maxed Punisher and OBW, and enough IM40 covers that the event boosted him into the 50s or 60s. I assume I looked just annoying enough that a lot of people skipped me.

On the other hand, plenty of people are chewing on me in this Daken event, probably because I only have one Daken cover.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

tankfish posted:

I applied under dinglefritter hope to get in even if i'm a filthy casual.
Being casual is fine, we just want players who are actually active.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

World Rupture is really easily countered by strike tiles. My Punisher got off two volleys of strike tiles, Sentry popped World Rupture, and then Sentry popped.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I've never noticed it on anyone else, but now I'm curious. I'll see if I can sucker an Ares into taking a swing at me.

Update - ok, I was wrong, sort of. I just tested it again and it's a graphical bug. You know the big red negative number that pops up next to a character when you damage them? That displayed about -2000 worth of damage as all of the countdown tiles popped. However, the actual health bars of the hostile team went down normally. I guess when it happened the first time, Sentry was at low enough health that the effect killed him.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 20, 2014

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The spidery nerf makes me feel better about only getting 4-5 of his covers since I started playing about four months ago.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So what event is the current Classic Storm going to be used for? They've been throwing covers for her at us like crazy for the last two or three events. Not that I'm complaining, I got her up to 5/2/5 from the last few rounds of covers.
Her blue is a great stun/nuke when maxed out. Maybe they'll keep that as unique to CStorm?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

It could always be worse. They could release an event called Archery Contest that requires C/M Hawkeye and Bullseye.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

God forbid they just add more healers.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I'm going to keep playing, but will call it good once I get the 300-point tokens in PVP events. No more steamrolling to 750ish and shielding.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Devi posted:

I have two classic Human Torch covers from the Webslinger tournament and no room. One red, one green. Is it worth selling someone off for this one?
He gets boosted for events and his own PVP from time to time, so you might want to keep him. His red skill is pretty powerful.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

OBW is still good on defense. I'm using her, Punisher, and Hood in The Simulator and hardly anyone attacks me.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Everyone's 2, 3, and 4 star charcters just got a few extra levels, and level caps increased accordingly.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

So are there any stats that show just how many players have left due to the healing nerf? A weekly active player count or something, posted at/by D3?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I'm having a ton of fun with maxed Juggs and Venom, plus an under-leveled Hulk with 5/3/5 covers (haven't gotten around to investing the ISO in him yet). I'm winning tons of defensive matches, and easily killing teams of maxed 3-star characters.

They've gotta start doing this once a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

There were only three worthwhile environments though. Jungle, lab and desert. The rest were terrible.
Mountain was fun. Low-level skill drained AP and stunned, high-level skill stunned for three turns and turned a lot of the board blue.